Attention Collectors ! Fraud has arrived on ebay !

DK Trading Cards

Banned User
Real Name
Daniel
eBay User
dk_trading_cards
Checkout all these Zeenut cards listed on ebay !
They are a fake item here is a email ive recieved today about them !

Dan, all the "Zeenut" cards that have been flooding eBay and other marketplaces are garbage. They are the "creations" of people sitting at computers "producing" cards themselves and their "cards" have no collectible value as they can simply produce more at any time.

True "Zee-Nut" or "Zeenut" cards were produced by a candy company in Northern California (US) from 1911-1938. The company went out of business shortly thereafter. They produced nearly 4,000 different baseball cards over that time span. As the company (Collins-McCarthy Candy Co.) no longer exists there is no real copyright protection so someone just siezed the name "Zeenut" and began making these "cards" out of their basement.

In closing, I wouldn't waste your money on them as I said they aren't actual collectibles as they were not produced with any product and there are also no royalties being paid to those being pictured, etc. Completely unlicensed product.

-Rhett Yeakley

he does say 'zeenut style' and tells us they were released in 2011.
wouldnt say fraud has arrived. its ben going strong for years now. theres bigger more blatant fraudster's out there i think...

I often see this Wotaskor out the back of Titans games. I actually saw him at the shops the other day. I will hit him up about them next time I come across him. Do you have a link or photos of the cards, I've never seen them.

I saw a heaps of these on ebay and i was wondering if they were something that someone produced or a release from years ago. But i noticed the NRMA sponsor on langers shirt.

From all the research i did when i 1st saw these cards on ebay(over many nights and many sites mainly in the US) i came to the conclusion that Zeenut have not been around for many years so these are a backyard job that are quite impossible to have been licensed by any company or sporting body or anyone for that matter. So people that are buying them have literally bought junk cards. There are no dealers selling them, not even in the US, yet some cards say to redeem a coupon with a dealer so the actual card has been copied from cards made decades ago, then any old print thrown on them! ebay has been caught up in the scam as from what i have seen they are not available anywhere else but ebay!

I haven't bought any of these cards as I have no interest in them but I've bought plenty of other cards from Wotaskor & have found him/her to be a great seller. Does anyone know of anything that should make me stop buying from him/her?
As far as I know he/she is a good seller :)

Back
Top Bottom