90s Topps Finest - Peel or Leave Coating?

Peel or Leave the coat on?

• Peel it off

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Leave it on

Votes: 30 69.8%

• Total voters
Thread resurrection.

When you send in cards to beckett for grading, will they peel it for you if you ask them to? So that the peel preserves the card right until they go to grade it.

Chris

No - they will grade it how you send it. So if you send it with peel on, they will grade it with peel on. If you want it graded sans peel, you need to remove it before you send it.

Peel those suckers, why would you want to look at a card with crappy plastic covering it? Do you guys also leave the plastic on your couches? :lol:

Peel those suckers, why would you want to look at a card with crappy plastic covering it? Do you guys also leave the plastic on your couches? :lol:

well actually

COUCH-sofa-wrapped-in-plastic-for-Filipinos.jpg

if you peel the covering off them, do you peel the sticker autos off too??? as you said why would you want to look at a card with crappy plastic covering it? lol :)

lol as much as i hate sticker auto's and believe they shouldn't exist its not the same thing as peeling a protective layer off that does nothing but distract from the beauty of the card itself. Refractors especially should be seen not hidden behind a stupid coating :D

No - they will grade it how you send it. So if you send it with peel on, they will grade it with peel on. If you want it graded sans peel, you need to remove it before you send it.

Thanks Graham. Exactly what I was after.

I'm all for no peel, need to see the shininess underneath, not the bubbling plastic peel crap.

What do you all think on graded pricing...do you reckon it sells higher with peel on or off if it's a graded card???

I say peel. I picked up a garnett RC graded 9.5 from Garnettfanforlife that was peeled - still got a top-tier grading. The other issue with peel is that it tends to damage the surface of the actual card if left on too long.

Back
Top Bottom