2011 NBA Offseason Rumours & Info

Hope Clippers get Iggy, would be great for us. Clippers could have their own dunk contest.

I'd be ok with that, although we would need to get rid of Thabo though & still evaluate where we are going to get the bench scoring from.

Yepp not bad. Eric Maynor could step up the scoring, he played pretty well in the latter end of this season, and maybe use Cole Aldrich more? We also have Nate on the bench, he's always a scoring spark for teams.

Yeah but you lose too much on defense when you use Nate; when we had Harden coming off the bench this past season we didn't really lose much as he's also a pretty good defensive player.

What Dwight does and says might be two different things. Hope for the magic sake that he's true to his word and they can offer him what he is after.

Howard has said he's not going to ask for a trade though, and he will play until his contract runs out.

Basically Orlando has to make moves that appease him otherwise he walks at the end of the year.

He's leaving or he'd have signed an the extension already, I really don't think Orlando can build the right team around him, he'll either end up getting traded so Orlando don't end up with nothing, look for a trade before the deadline next season

Howard using free agency as leverage for a contending title roster.......and no doubt a bit of extra coin too!

Magic President of Basketball Operations Otis Smith isn't surprised that Howard plans to become a free agent. "I expected it," Smith told the Orlando Sentinel on Monday. "I think free agency is a basketball player's God-given right. It's one of the things they bargained for, so I expected him to look at all of his options and become a free agent if that's what he's going to choose." Howard's ability to become a free agent gives him additional leverage as he urges Magic officials to upgrade the roster. Howard has hinted at dissatisfaction with the team's roster before: during a Memorial Day barbecue in Orlando and during a charity event on June 2 in Alabama. Orlando Sentinel

..and in underwhelming news, the Pacers are trying out some free agent names we're all familiar with - Bobby Brown may have some 'Significance' again - lol

It's unclear if the impending NBA lockout is causing teams to hold more free agent workouts or I'm just hearing about them for the first time this offseason, but the Indiana Pacers became the latest team to invite non-rookies in for a look-see this week. The Pacers are holding a two-day free agent camp that began Monday and will wrap up Tuesday afternoon. The guard prospects included Bobby Brown, Matt Janning, Javaris Crittenton and Sylven Landesberg. The wings participating include NBA veterans James White (better known as "Flight" because he can do this), DeMarre Carroll and Ime Udoka. As far as big men go, Rob Kurz, Leo Lyons, Chris Daniels and Trent Plaisted were all in attendance on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom