Official 2015-16 NBA Season Thread

Lol classic Bargs! :lol:

image.jpeg

A lot of All Star discussion on :blink:
The KAT (yes, the KAT) beat Isaiah Thomas in the a Skills Challenge final :blink::blink::blink:
While Klay Thompson :blink::blink: beat Stephen Curry :blink::blink: & Devin Booker (Yep, Karl's Kentucky teammate last year) :blink::blink: in the Three Point Contest.
Zach LaVine could get an All Star double here, he won the MVP of yesterday's Rising Star Challenge, and he is the favourite to grab the dunk contest.

What do you guys think?

Zach Lavine, two time Dunk Contest Cha,pion.
I wanted Gordon to win; his over-the-mascot dunk was amazing.
Gordon came second though, so meh

JESUS!!! Dunk contest was INSANE!!! Best EVER contest!!! Aaron Gordon robbed on the last score!!!
The over-the-mascot dunk was the best dunk I've seen in the dunk contest in 23 years, this year's was amazing, according to YouTube (I actually couldn't watch it live)

The over-the-mascot dunk was the best dunk I've seen in the dunk contest in 23 years, this year's was amazing, according to YouTube (I actually couldn't watch it live)
Watched it on NBA league pass live, was only like $5 with the promo code. Worth. Every. Cent. 3 point shoot out was amazing, Steph with the money ball on the first round to even make it to the final round, three guys having to shoot it out after scoring 20, then Klay under pressure to beat 23, just torches the net to beat Steph resoundingly. Karl Anthony Towns winning the skills challenge was fun to watch. Then the slam dunk contest. I hate hate hate props and costumes so when they introduced one of the players with zombies and MJ's Thriller, I was like, damn this is going to suck big time. But oh man, I'm still buzzing, the dunks were just filthy..Aaron Gordon just completely blew it up. Makes all his dunks on the first attempt, that's what makes it even more special. I remember Nate Robinson winning after like a dozen tries zzzzzzzzzzz.

Yeah Will "they call me Will the Thrill" Barton, Kevin Hart was having a field day razzing him. All show but no go.

Aaron Gordon..watch the sickness. See, there aren't many people who can dunk it with coordination, height, creativity, and strength that when you watch it in real time, you know it was special. Vince was another for sure. But Aaron Gordon is a whole nother level of creativity and difficulty. A lot of these dunkers, it looks like a nice dunk in real time, but you appreciate it much more in slow motion. But it's really difficult to have the strength and flair to make it look pretty in real time. Aaron Gordon had the whole package. The mascot actually made those dunks tough to complete. I hate those stupid gimmicks like Steve Nash doing the ball flip as a pass..it's still a basic dunk after you catch it.

View: https://youtu.be/ig5EddENP_0

@exzibit3 who did Nash to the ball flip to?
Wasn't it a pretty good dunk?

I reckon mascots are a good thing to use to make your dunk better!
I miss the days of Spud Webb, MJ & the Human Highlight Reel though, when there was no friggin gimmicks or teammate passes or anything. Just a normal dunk by an above average, special dunker, with nothing special in it.
Simple is better.

@exzibit3 who did Nash to the ball flip to?
Wasn't it a pretty good dunk?

I reckon mascots are a good thing to use to make your dunk better!
I miss the days of Spud Webb, MJ & the Human Highlight Reel though, when there was no friggin gimmicks or teammate passes or anything. Just a normal dunk by an above average, special dunker, with nothing special in it.
Simple is better.
Nash did it the kick pass to Drummond, took a half dozen tries to get it right and even then it was a basic dunk. He did a lob off his head for Stoudamire when he entered yonks ago too. I think that most props are just stupid, Gerald Green and the candle, Griffin and the car, think Jeremy Evans did some stupid dunk jumping over a portrait.. Hate them. This time around tho, I thought the mascot was a great prop because it contributed to the difficulty of the dunks and not just makeup on a pig. The spinning 360 windmill dunk, catching the ball and cupping it with one hand while the other hand did the Karl Malone was incredible.

I meant the Stoudemire one yea.
Saw it in a Dunk Contest documentary on Friday.

I think BG32 & the car was decent. The mascot was just downright awesome.

I reckon that at the half time game of the celebrity game they should make a celebrity dunk contest. They're bad enough in their game, why not get Kevin Hart,mSnoop Dogg, etc. to show us their skills on the dunk stage?

The problem I had with BG and the car was that he jumped over the hood of the car. That was lame and it's not even that high off the ground, that's like waist high. There's videos of guys jumping over the TOP of the car, that would have been far more impressive.

im not into all star weekend at all but this one is good so far, towns taking the skills comp was pretty cool but that dunk comp was incredible... for years the dunk comp has been garbage and not really entertaining imo... until this year

i'd said it elsewhere,
but barkley annoys the shit out of me, negative to the max!

that dunk contest was amazing though, just give them two 30 mins to put on a show next year and call it a day!
one of the best i've seen in a while,

Aaron Gordon got robbed so bad. This is the sickest dunk of all time in a dunk contest. Leap off TWO feet over the straight up mascot who is no midget by any means, behind the ANKLES (behind the back has been done but behind the ankles?!), finishing with his LEFT hand with force...and I love his reaction, like wind it back, wind it back.
images

Back
Top Bottom