2016 Collecting Goals

Need to cut back on the spending this year!

* 475 Jason Kidd Autographs.
* Complete an autograph set.
SO much easier said than done so I wish you luck, I managed it last year as I bought a car which kept my time and money pre occupied but the last couple of months I have really started to desire the cardboard again, I just basically spent 3000 on 3 cards in the space of a month:eek:! My bank account is definitely not happy and I am unsure if I am or not ( I am such an addict ), I may have to go a few months cold turkey but the only way to do that is disconnect the internet!

SO much easier said than done so I wish you luck, I managed it last year as I bought a car which kept my time and money pre occupied but the last couple of months I have really started to desire the cardboard again, I just basically spent 3000 on 3 cards in the space of a month:eek:! My bank account is definitely not happy and I am unsure if I am or not ( I am such an addict ), I may have to go a few months cold turkey but the only way to do that is disconnect the internet!
So with the exchange rate you probably spent around $200US? :p:p:p

Well, my three goals for this year are, in order of priority:

1. Get an Al Horford game used jersey, signed basketball & signed floorboard by the end of the year.
2. Kickstart my new PCs (of John Starks and Marcus Smart)
3. Start a new rookie PC (of Dragan Bender, Dario Saric if he comes, Grayson Allen or Buddy Hield, whichever one goes to a better team)
4. Continue buying cards at the same pace.

Last edited:
Well, my three goals for this year are, in order of priority:

1. Get an Al Horford game used jersey, signed basketball & signed floorboard by the end of the year.
2. Kickstart my new PCs (of John Starks and Marcus Smart)
3. Start a new rookie PC (of Goran Dragic, Dario Saric if he comes, Grayson Allen or Buddy Hield, whichever one goes to a better team)
4. Continue buying cards at the same pace.

You might struggle with the Goran Dragic rookie PC. I don't think he has many rookie cards.

My goal is to try and finish my RC auto chase of the 14-15 draft class, 1 auto from each of the 60 players drafted. Also to make it interesting of those 60 try and get min 1 card from each different 14-15 release.

I have picked up 52/60 with the elusive Wiggins auto the only one missing from the rd 1 draftees, hopefully that is in my hot little hands next month. I have to sit and watch all of the Panini releases to see if they have added any of the Euros that might be trickling in from rd 2. I've also had to stoop to trying to get an IP auto on a RC for dudes that have already been dropped to the D League without ever signing a single card.

My goal is to try and find 5 more Faried rookie year cards. I only need 12 in total, so it's a task thats easier said than done!

Side goals:
* pickup any Bynum exquisite jumbo patches that show up (have 7/50 right now)
* nab any D'Angelo Russell base and inserts that look nice at good prices
* Find a T-Mac Spurs and Pistons auto
* Collect 08-09 UD Black

1/6th of the way into the year and I've currently:
  • Picked up 2 of the 12 Faried rookie year cards I needed. My focus is now on 13-14 (I've got that from 118 to 97 to go so far this year).
  • My D'Angelo collection is now at about 30 cards + 1 signed basketball
  • After over 14 months of searching two T-Mac pistons autos surfaced on the same day, by different sellers. I snagged on the card auto.
  • My UD Black collection is approaching 35 cards, and have made a very good dent in each of the subsets.

My goal is to try and find 5 more Faried rookie year cards. I only need 12 in total, so it's a task thats easier said than done!

Side goals:
* pickup any Bynum exquisite jumbo patches that show up (have 7/50 right now)
* nab any D'Angelo Russell base and inserts that look nice at good prices
* Find a T-Mac Spurs and Pistons auto
* Collect 08-09 UD Black

Exactly 6 months + 3 days into 2016 and I've achieved my Faried goal for 2016. I now need only 7 to have them all - will keep hunting!

As for the side goals:
I have 8 of the Bynum patches with 3 on eBay at prices 10x market value
Acquired the T-Mac Pistons auto. Still hunting Spurs.
The UD Black PC is now 51 cards strong
I have 35 cards in the D'Angelo collection but once the new season starts these prices should drop and I can ramp that up a bit more

For me to try not to buy anything Panini as I am still waiting for my redemptions replacement. Already hassled them!!!
Max of 10 cards purchased for the year, no specific players, more towards cards that looks good to me.

Crossed out my 2016 goal - bought a group break (panini) with Westozcards and went over 10 cards!

Late to the party cause I had 6 months off but I'll put goals up and tick them off because I sold everything late last year before I took a break:

20th Kyle O'Quinn Immaculate RPA ✔️
Joel Embiid RC AU ✔️
Kyle O'Quinn Knicks AU ❓
Gordon Hayward GS RC AU ✔️
MCW GS RC AU incoming
MCW Silhouettes RC AU ✔️
Harkless Portland AU ✔️
Giannis RC AU❓
Wiggins RC AU ✔️
Nerlens RC AU ✔️
Zach LaVine RC AU ✔️
Bradley Beal RC AU ❓
Find a project player/speculate - Rashad Vaughn ✔️
Build side PC - Gordon Hayward ✔️

Last edited:
Collected cards off and on (not very seriously) as a kid and recently jumoed back into the hobby.

i bought a box of 13/14 totally certifieds and a couple of random packs.....absolutely loved breaking them open and seeing what i landed. Another box should be arriving any day now.

Goals for the year is to build a general collection and see what i like before focusing on a particular theme...pretty keen to start a pc of exum ,thon and simmons... just not sure how simmons will go having signed with UD

Late to the party cause I had 6 months off but I'll put goals up and tick them off because I sold everything late last year before I took a break:

20th Kyle O'Quinn Immaculate RPA ✔️
Joel Embiid RC AU ✔️
Kyle O'Quinn Knicks AU ❓
Gordon Hayward GS RC AU ✔️
MCW GS RC AU incoming
MCW Silhouettes RC AU ✔️
Harkless Portland AU ✔️
Giannis RC AU❓
Wiggins RC AU ✔️
Nerlens RC AU ✔️
Zach LaVine RC AU ✔️
Bradley Beal RC AU ❓