UFC MMA Discussion (spoilers)

what are our thoughts on yesterdays main event. i must admit i was nervous, the third round was the one that couldve went either way.

once again crazy WAR. 5 wars in a row now, im not sure how he keeps doing it. he is the most exciting fighter to watch though.

also has anyone had any experience with buying on Adidas MMA. i have a bit of an issue, i Ordered the Rockhold TEE. and whats arrived is nothing like the one i ordered i think it may have melted in transit if thats even possible. i really want the shirt because it fits so well but yeah what are my chances with an exchange, was wondering if anyone had bought from their store before.

this is the issue i've got.

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 2.39.28 PM.png

IMG_5689.JPG
IMG_5690.JPG
IMG_5691.JPG

No idea how lawler retained, dont really follow either fighter but didnt think it was close at all, lawler didnt do anything until the 5th, if you get outstruck by 118 shots i fail to see how you can win the fight. But poor decisions seem to happen in championship fights in the welterweight division.

im probably biased but for me i had it one and four condit and 2 and five lawler. lawler definitely won round two he got the knockdown with the right he threw when condit was coming in.

in the third condit definitely outworked lawler but he kept catching him on the end of this punches like they were doing alot of damage. Brendan schaub and bryan callen note in their analysis of lawler at the press conference he has a lot of scratches on his forehead from where the gloves have grazed as they brushed being on the end of alot of punches. where as lawler just threw heavier shots. you could tell when they connected two because it slowed condit up.

take of it what you will from my analysis, like i said i might be being biased but everybody always says you have to take it from the champion, its theres to lose and i believe he did enough to retain it. i thought he was in more danger of losing the macdonald fight before he knocked him out then what he was with condit. in the macdonald fight he copped a few bombs as well as having to work hard.

Pretty incredible that Dominick Cruz had fought for just over 1 minute in the last 4 years, enduring 3 ACL surgeries and a torn groin, and still come back like nothing happened.

Can't think of a greater comeback in this sport.

yeah couldnt agree more, what a great story.

still feel a little sorry for TJ, he is hated by most people because they've jumped on the mcgregor bandwagon. i love connor but in TJ's situation i probably would've done the same thing he has done. He also fought his ass off in the that fight and it was very close. i half thought he would get the win because they usually give it to the champ when its that close but probably not so much in this case where Cruz never lost his title.

how disappointing was pettis. alvarez fought the perfect, most boring fight but did everything he needed too but pettis just offered nothing.

This is a great read

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/how-dominick-cruz-killed-the-king

When Cruz throws the right hand he'll escape to his left, and when he throws his left hand, he'll escape to his right. He very rarely throws the right and weaves out to his right or the left and escapes to his left. This means that when you have someone like Demetrious Johnson who will give ground on the right hand, knowing that Cruz will always duck out the same way, it is possible to catch him with a right hook and a follow up:

cOJlN3w.gif

With Dillashaw constantly playing the aggressor and hoping to shift so often, he ate a good few of these long, retreating swings. Cruz's best moments in the fight came as he led with a jab and immediately retreated to connect a straight arm swing or two as Dillashaw pursued him. Where against most of Cruz's opponents they serve as a deterrent, against Dillashaw they served to catch him cleanly, break his balance, and destroy the rhythm and distancing of his combination work.

0bGmSyN.gif

WarmheartedValuableAmurminnow.gif

The problem for Dillashaw was that in his attempts in the former method—pushing Cruz to the fence—which took up most of the fight, he was largely unsuccessful once he was there. This was because of Cruz's head movement and ability to side step or weave out as soon as Dillashaw threw hands at him...

In fact, Cruz's discipline to find his moment to weave out or sidestep away along the fence is part of what leads some fans to complain about octagon size. In truth Cruz hit the fence numerous times in each round, he just got off of it quick enough for it not to matter. Anyone else: Renan Barao, Urijah Faber, Mike Easton, would have been pushed to the fence or flurried on in that time.

HomelySandyCottonmouth.gif

Jack Slack writes the best breakdowns. Highlights why I like guys like Cruz and Machida, they fight like they're jacked into the Matrix.

bad move from the UFC. he is another Cerrone, a guy who will fight anytime, anywhere. Someone you definitely want on your books, they should've thrown more money at him.

Man... Kevin Randleman passed away today.

Only 44.

Admitted to hospital with pneumonia and suffered heart failure.

I'll always remember the time he nearly killed Fedor

and Mauro Ranallo

n2FBcAW.jpg

I wanted to bust some chronicles but it's probably not worth it. Love to get a Conner auto. Just don't feel like blowing money on it. Tempted though

wait for knockout. its the only set really worth putting any money into.

Reactions: Bkw
Hey Guys Just Found This Thread I busted a box of chronicles and a couple packs on the side not the best hits but got a Vanzant Auto And /8 Lauzon Auto/Relic Scored The Ronda Inserts Which was nice and you get most of the base set in one box with 40 cards a pack also have heaps of doubles if anyone just wants a base of a fighter did anyone watch bellator 149 very average main events

The narrative around Bellator 149 has been well harsh, acting like Maia/Silva never happened.

But honestly, everyone knew the card going in, so what the f*** did they expect?

Pat Barry has sounded off on social media too

People talking s*** but I'll bet nobody changed the channel last night during the fight F***in liars! Were u not entertained?

I just saw that Jo Rogan tweeted it's the worst fight he's ever seen. I guess I'll just go f*** off now cause whatever he says is the truth.

0QUWBd2.jpg

They gave it everything they had, and never consciously quit! But it wasn't "technical" so f*** them, right?

Refs need to stay growing a pair and stop fights with some vigour.

Kendall Grove bouncing that dude's head off the canvas like a basketball wad pretty sickening.

Back
Top Bottom