Future Force

Foil signature only with the 1-10 draft pick redemptions. What a massive let down by Select. Just when I was thinking Select actually got this Future Force release pretty spot on they go and drop a bomb like this. Very poor form from Select here. What are others thoughts on this?

Foil signature only with the 1-10 draft pick redemptions. What a massive let down by Select. Just when I was thinking Select actually got this Future Force release pretty spot on they go and drop a bomb like this. Very poor form from Select here. What are others thoughts on this?

Disappointed but not surprised. Which is the saddest thing.

Yea it's disappointing but it's an extra insert that wasn't in it last year, we never had to pay any extra so not all bad, but a redemption card you expect a certain prestige too it, it's numbered to 90 and from what I hear the players will be in team colors so will wait and see how they look sending mine off today

I'm not sure the redemptions will hold much value anymore. It's a MASSIVE letdown. I feel sorry most for those who have got in early and paid big bucks for them.

There is certainly a massive hullabaloo about the foil signature redemption cards on Select's Facebook page, with people contacting the ACCC or threatening a class action against Select. As I have no interest in Future Force, can those that do shed some light on what has happened? Was it just assumed that the redemption signatures would be hand-signed autographs (as might normally be expected) or did Select state previously that they were foiled signatures?

I confused!

There is certainly a massive hullabaloo about the foil signature redemption cards on Select's Facebook page, with people contacting the ACCC or threatening a class action against Select. As I have no interest in Future Force, can those that do shed some light on what has happened? Was it just assumed that the redemption signatures would be hand-signed autographs (as might normally be expected) or did Select state previously that they were foiled signatures?

I confused!
It said on the redemption card something along the lines of 'to receive your signature card.....'

I confused!
It was only revealed today that they'll be foil signatures. I think most are having a problem with the fact that these redemptions have been a big selling point. Falling two per case, I can understand why people would have been expecting a hand signed card and I suppose are rightfully upset.

It said on the redemption card something along the lines of 'to receive your signature card.....'

It doesn't say signature redemption anywhere on the card, just Draft Pick Redemption. My interpretation of it was just a numbered card like the 1999 Tony Lockett Sydney Swans 1300 Goal Kicking Record card.:confused:

It doesn't say signature redemption anywhere on the card, just Draft Pick Redemption. My interpretation of it was just a numbered card like the 1999 Tony Lockett Sydney Swans 1300 Goal Kicking Record card.:confused:

537DE454-40F9-4436-AE40-A950AE0AF278_zpsefuguayb.jpg

I think Select have been extremely misleading about this redemption card. I have a feeling they deliberately held off saying exactly what it redeemed in order to get some big sales early knowing people would assume it was a hand signed card. As you can all see from the picture above, it states 'signature card' on the reverse, why didn't they put the words 'foiled' on there as well? From what I can see, they could have mentioned the foil signature fact a lot earlier than waiting until after the actual release. If I was someone who had handed over big dollars to buy one of these before this became public information id be filthy. I have no doubt they will now come out and say "oh no we didn't mislead anyone, we never stated it was hand signed", but would have been fully aware without putting the word foiled on anything, they knew exactly what collectors would have thought they would receive.

Its funny, I looked at that image about 10 times before I saw where it says signature.. That is just really really dodgy, I would like to think that it was a mistake and an oversight, but announcing after the release is really poor form. The fact that they have had to clarify it means they knew they were going to receive backlash over it.. Very disappointing.

Wow this truly is a new low.

Whether or not it was intentional it is extremely deceptive and select must issue a formal apology and corrective advertising. Absolute crap.

Im thinking of not collecting short numbered signatures anymore, to big a risk.
I will probably sell off the Hawthorn one's I have and only collect the off 200s or whatever they are. This set has become annoying to collect for me.
People are after to much for this release.
Definitely time for a new direction.

Last edited:
Its funny, I looked at that image about 10 times before I saw where it says signature.. That is just really really dodgy, I would like to think that it was a mistake and an oversight, but announcing after the release is really poor form. The fact that they have had to clarify it means they knew they were going to receive backlash over it.. Very disappointing.

DITTO..

By all intentions this was going to be a non signature card as per the front of the card & rear of the cards description no mention of signature anywhere except in the way they will send you the card.. It is clear they just cut & paste their normal redemption conditions on the back of this card & through laziness or lack of proofreading have shot themselves in the foot. They should just bite the bullet & supply everyone with a signature card & not gold signature card, cost wise there wouldn't be much difference in cost. The only problem would be there would be a delay in getting the cards out in the specified time, they should just announce there will be a delay due to the production of the cards & I'm sure everyone will be happy.

I've just received this announcement from select

Dear Valued Select Collectors

We welcome the feedback and understand your disappointment.

An oversight occurred at the time the redemption cards were produced as the redeemed cards were not intended by Select to be player autographed cards. As you would have noted our leaflets, wrapper, boxes and advertising material never mentioned the redemption cards as being player autographed cards. Unfortunately the oversight occurred with the word ‘signature’ inadvertently remaining in the mailing instructions.

There was never any intention by Select to mislead any of our collectors.

We understand the issue and sincerely apologise for the situation.

Select

Haha what were people paying for these cards before the announcement? Wow...

Back
Top Bottom