Jarryd Hayne & NFL Cards

I guess at the moment there will be the player collectors (and Hayne would have a lot down under) competing against each other to get his stuff. Always a good thing for the hobby in general though!

Picked up this and a couple of base in a Prizm player case break - Purple/Violet refractor /50.

20151120_152628.jpg

Looks like mine may be worth selling/keeping?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/35158101852...49&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&autorefresh=true

Man those custom cards and people going for them are killing us, some US sellers know we are f'ups and inflate accordingly (not their fault though, since we are buying them up) theres a purple mosaic up right now and can't justify bidding for it (price not the issue) because i'll be part of the problem keeping the prices up.

Prior to black friday I messaged some sellers who had cheap international shipping that i'm on the lookout for hayne black friday cards and if the have any to sell me some even the #/599's... one seller told me had a cracked glass 1/25 and would list it soon, i stay up to 4am haha in the meantime he had a jameis winston cracked glass up for like $40us and i'm thinking ok cool he'll probs have hayne up at $20-$40 and around 6am bam $150, made an offer of $45 on it got rejected... sold really quick after.

I sent him a pm afterwards and asked how much it went for he said he took an offer of $130 :/ listed a thick stock 38/50 for $10 more that took longer to sell than i thought it would but took a best offer for it... maybe someone picked it up for over $100?

I know about supply and demand and how the secondary market decide the price, and the buyers are setting the standard for it's value but hayne goes for x3 times more than a 1st overall starting QB RC wtf? he's got potential to maybe break a couple of the returning NFL records but yea flying of the shelves.

Man those custom cards and people going for them are killing us, some US sellers know we are f'ups and inflate accordingly (not their fault though, since we are buying them up) theres a purple mosaic up right now and can't justify bidding for it (price not the issue) because i'll be part of the problem keeping the prices up.

Prior to black friday I messaged some sellers who had cheap international shipping that i'm on the lookout for hayne black friday cards and if the have any to sell me some even the #/599's... one seller told me had a cracked glass 1/25 and would list it soon, i stay up to 4am haha in the meantime he had a jameis winston cracked glass up for like $40us and i'm thinking ok cool he'll probs have hayne up at $20-$40 and around 6am bam $150, made an offer of $45 on it got rejected... sold really quick after.

I sent him a pm afterwards and asked how much it went for he said he took an offer of $130 :/ listed a thick stock 38/50 for $10 more that took longer to sell than i thought it would but took a best offer for it... maybe someone picked it up for over $100?

I know about supply and demand and how the secondary market decide the price, and the buyers are setting the standard for it's value but hayne goes for x3 times more than a 1st overall starting QB RC wtf? he's got potential to maybe break a couple of the returning NFL records but yea flying of the shelves.
I've been on Haynes side from the word go, but he has no chance in hell of breaking any records, as he will have an NFL career of possibly 6 years max.

Yeah the prices are stupid, but they are understandable. Winston has rc's in every set, and in every set there are multiple parallels, jerseys, autos, inserts. Jarryd has rc's in one set (so far), so there is always going to be a lot of demand, when a whole country wants to get his cards, but I'd be betting there are a lot of yanks wanting it also.

Well he could take a couple but it's a big maybe, the highest career PR average is 12ish and it is well within his scope... by leaving catches when gunners are right onto him & getting a 30+ PR return every 6 games he's up to it.

Yea what you mention of winston is a bummer that if you wanted to collect his stuff there are heaps of variations to pick up. Since hayne entered the NFL pretty old maybe his soon to be auto cards will be worth the inflated price if they don't do them more than a few sets.

I hope he makes it but I believe the prices will fall in the off season as long as he remains on the prac squad...

The colours seem to be really high. Base RCs are .99US. Numbered stuff is always crazy when people think they can flip them quick

Back
Top Bottom