What would you do?

penny collector

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Antony
So I love me a good game issued Jersey, There is one at the moment a second year jersey which are super hard to find, But unfortunately I think the auto is fake:(... I know that's how Penny signed in his early days but its the bit at the end of the Anfernee which looks totally wrong compared to my other versions of that signature. Now I am conflicted on whether to get it.
If there was no auto I would have bought it already!

So hence the question what would you do? If there was no auto I would have already bought it

Jersey in question.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221934942208?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
I have a lot of doubts as well
I am convinced the auto is fake but I have not heard of fake game issued jerseys, Its the jersey I want not the fact that its signed, but I feel cheated I guess that the jersey has some what been tampered with... but its the first I have seen in about 3 years that sizing 46 +3 is super rare only rookie and second years did he use that size before going to 50 +4.

The internal struggle is so tough with this one!

If it was a card I would not even consider it, which in theory gives me my logical answer. Just accepting it is not working too well!

If it makes the decision easier for you I own Penny's only 1994/95 alternate blue game used jersey that he wore for the regular season, playoffs and Finals and it's a 50 +4. I also know where the white shirt from that season is, again worn through regular season and Finals and that is also a 50 +4. Penny did wear 46 +3 as a rookie but made the switch in 1994/95. I'd say that shirt is a pro cut (it's original and legit but not game used) and I'd agree that the sig looks dubious at best.
Hope that helps.

If it makes the decision easier for you I own Penny's only 1994/95 alternate blue game used jersey that he wore for the regular season, playoffs and Finals and it's a 50 +4. I also know where the white shirt from that season is, again worn through regular season and Finals and that is also a 50 +4. Penny did wear 46 +3 as a rookie but made the switch in 1994/95. I'd say that shirt is a pro cut (it's original and legit but not game used) and I'd agree that the sig looks dubious at best.
Hope that helps.
Yeah I did not ever believe it was game worn, Thanks for the info that is awesome! If you ever know anyone who wants to part with any Penny game worn stuff I would be very interested:)! Still disappointed as would love a set of those tags on a Jersey in the collection!

For me that guys rating 98.5, alarm bells are a ringing.
Hell of a lot of money to pay for a Jersey from a potentially sus seller.
Ultimately trust your own feelings mate.

Thanks for the thoughts guys definitely helps when everybody chips in the advice, Everyone has basically confirmed how I already felt so that support helps me make peace with my decision so to speak!

I'd point out the sig was fake, try to grab it at a lower price and then display it so that I'd only ever see the front of the jersey.... ;-)

Back
Top Bottom