The Australian cricket non-official thread!

Mitchell Johnson retiring today as Australia's 4th highest Test wicket taker.

Whilst he has had his moments, at his best, he was devastating. Absolutely devastating. At his worst...well...

Rumoured to be getting a job with the RTA to become a pitch inspector.

Apparently CA looking at incorporating the WSC era stats in to the official test stats. Good. Finally gets Lillee off 355 and up to 422 wickets and 9th all time at current standings.

Puts G Chappell to 8525 runs and Marsh to 407 dismissals - passing Healy and up in to 3rd all time (just saw Australia has 4 of the top 6 keepers of all time - Gilly, Marsh, Healy and Haddin - amazing!).

Apparently CA looking at incorporating the WSC era stats in to the official test stats. Good. Finally gets Lillee off 355 and up to 422 wickets and 9th all time at current standings.

Puts G Chappell to 8525 runs and Marsh to 407 dismissals - passing Healy and up in to 3rd all time (just saw Australia has 4 of the top 6 keepers of all time - Gilly, Marsh, Healy and Haddin - amazing!).
My understanding is it will sit next to the other records & not be included together as such. Ie. 355 test wickets, 67 WSC wickets. Will be interesting to see if other countries follow....

I'm flying to Adelaide early tomorrow morning to watch the first three days of this historic Test. I'm pretty excited, but it's also going to be quite emotional given it's the first anniversary of Phillip Hughes passing away. :(

I've never watched cricket anywhere but the WACA, so I'm pretty keen to see the Adelaide Oval. The pink ball, under lights, a more bowler-friendly pitch...who knows what's going to happen, but no matter what it's going to be exciting!

Have a great time!! I hear days 1-2 are sold out and 3-4 not far behind. Should be an awesome atmosphere. Enjoy!

I just wanted to say, I love Peter Siddle.

I hope he gets those 2 wickets and becomes the 15th Australian bowler to get 200 wickets.

Amazing! Not long ago, 200 wickets was the sign of a 'great'.

But when you consider only 14 Aussie bowlers of all the bowlers we've ever had have got 200 test wickets, it shows just what a remarkable achievement it is / will be.

Good luck to Siddle I say!

Speaking of flat wickets, not just here but abroad also (aside from India where they are only prepared to favour the home team) I heard of a new concept being trialed in Div 2 County cricket.

No coin toss, the away team gets to choose and given 9/10 you bat first it might make wickets more friendly to the bowlers if it caught on at International level.

New Zealand have Australia exactly where they want them, after a session that re-opened old batting wounds for the home team.

I fear for Mitchell Marsh, he looks no better than a No. 7 Test batsman. I agree with Shane Warne - and Robert Craddock a few months ago - that Nevill at No. 6 then Mitch at No. 7 is the better option at this stage. I opposed the recall of Shaun Marsh and his run out does him no favours in the eyes of his many critics.

It is great to watch tense, tight Test cricket and a proper bat vs ball contest!

Old wounds indeed.

The dismissal that disappointed me most was Smith, given the time and context of the game. Perhaps I am being unfair but Australia looked to be getting comfortable again and maybe we are so used to Smith not making these errors it was a shock. This was the shot of a Smith who was a frustrated #8 batsmen and spin bowler, not the Smith we have seen in the last 18 months.

Warwick Todd - genius!

https://twitter.com/warwicktodd_not/status/670546893869621248

Screen Shot 2015-11-29 at 9.06.36 am.png

Great test match, congrats to both sides. Well done Australia, a good series win against quality opposition.

Well done also to the SA Scorpions who today beat the NSW Breakers to break the 10 year consecutive title streak that NSW were on in the WNCL. Congrats girls.....

Back
Top Bottom