Indian Cricket Cards are available for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two different people. How is he able to scam you if he's buying cards off you and paying via bank deposit? Wouldn't that make you in a more favourable position as he can't claim anything back?

Let me give a summary, will make it clearer.

1. Wanted to buy some cards and kept pushing to pay via dd. At this stage, he was very responsive to PMs
2. Said he was located in India and did not have paypal. (Sorry, in this day and age, this does not add up.)
3. Wanted the cards sent to a Australian address.
4. Finally found a "Friend" to pay via paypal (Amazing!!!!!!!!!).
5. Would no longer respond to PMs when l asked him to finalize the deal.
6. No feedback at the time.

For me, too many variables. Member was reported, l'm sure admin would have given him a chance to respond and the rest is history.

Two different people. How is he able to scam you if he's buying cards off you and paying via bank deposit? Wouldn't that make you in a more favourable position as he can't claim anything back?

That's a good point Raj. I must confess, I'm totally confused by contradictions about payment.

In a post in the basketball section where some poor bloke got ripped off heaps of $$$ when the Michael Jordan cards he paid for never arrived; He mentioned that he had paid by bank deposit, as required by OCT, which of course left him with zero recourse as opposed to paypal which would have given him some protection. I'm not sure where he got the idea that he was required to pay via bank deposit. I must read the rules more carefully :)

From my perspective, as a seller, I prefer bank deposit as I don't incur any fees. As a buyer, I naturally prefer paypal as it provides me protection.

That's a good point Raj. I must confess, I'm totally confused by contradictions about payment.

In a post in the basketball section where some poor bloke got ripped off heaps of $$$ when the Michael Jordan cards he paid for never arrived; He mentioned that he had paid by bank deposit, as required by OCT, which of course left him with zero recourse as opposed to paypal which would have given him some protection. I'm not sure where he got the idea that he was required to pay via bank deposit. I must read the rules more carefully :)

From my perspective, as a seller, I prefer bank deposit as I don't incur any fees. As a buyer, I naturally prefer paypal as it provides me protection.
Plenty of fraud cases these days. As per my previous post, too many variables which did not add up.

Plenty of fraud cases these days. As per my previous post, too many variables which did not add up.

In the context you have provided, makes sense that you reported him. My understanding of the issue was that the moderator provided him with clear cut instructions of what was required of him and instead of abiding by those instructions, Nishant spent all his time and energy arguing against his banning, which did not end well for him.

He then reached out to me, full of contrition to try and get his ban reversed and to be fair, I did write to Graham to plead his case as I felt sorry for him.

From my perspective, this one is a classic case of "Just because someone is a pain in the arse to deal with, doesn't make him/her a scammer". However, I understand your point of view Ming.

I also learned one more thing today "Raj, cheap shots are for cheap people" :) :p

To recap ...

Kalyan, who is a confirmed scammer in most books (I now have 5 people willing to name and shame him, including 2 members of OCT) is probably still a member on here!

Nishant, who's only crime was to act suspiciously and not have the good graces to accept the olive branch the moderator offered him, is banned. To be fair, paypal is not very common in India.

Doesn't seem right! Just my two cents worth.

Seriously guys - take the pettiness, personal attacks and potshots somewhere else. If you cannot, do not know how or simply are too immature to speak to each other appropriately, use the ignore function of the forum - click the username and then click the ignore button!

Users are banned for any number of reasons. There have been discussions with Nishant and he could not provide an appropriate solution to the admin team. Nishant only had 1 feedback (not many as mentioned), ultimately the decision was to ban him for the security/safety of all members.

There is no requirement, sellers and buyers are free to negotiate any payment method they choose:
f) Payments MUST NOT be sent via PayPal as a "gift" under any circumstance. Sellers must not request payment as a gift. Sellers should either request Direct Deposit, or request the buyer pays the PayPal fees if they wish to avoid fees.

As you said, as a seller bank is best, but offers no protection so seller/buyer need to negotiate.

Please note they are also guidelines, not rules. We cannot enforce that but are the best suggested model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom