2015 AFL Season Discussion

Congratulations to the Hawks 3 in a row.
And congratulations the Eagles for an amazing year from 9th place on the ladder last year to playing a GF this year amazing effort.
The big question for me is what 2 players will the premiership redempions redeem this year.
Thoughts?

Congratulations to the Hawks 3 in a row.
And congratulations the Eagles for an amazing year from 9th place on the ladder last year to playing a GF this year amazing effort.
The big question for me is what 2 players will the premiership redempions redeem this year.
Thoughts?

I'll have a guess and say Duryea will be one of them for sure. Has it been confirmed that there will be 2 different sigs? Or are we just hoping based on last year? If there is a second sig it would be out of Suckling, Stratton, Gibson or Shiels. I'll have a guess and say Duryea and Shiels, but I would like to see Gibbo sign.

I'll have a guess and say Duryea will be one of them for sure. Has it been confirmed that there will be 2 different sigs? Or are we just hoping based on last year? If there is a second sig it would be out of Suckling, Stratton, Gibson or Shiels. I'll have a guess and say Duryea and Shiels, but I would like to see Gibbo sign.

Check this thread out Blown confirmed by an email to Select from a new member. @Gazmatron

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/comm...2-premiership-redemption.188620/#post-1610882

Last edited:
OK cool, still haven't got a 1-300 from last year yet. Got number 17 from this year so would be awesome if the 1-300 signature was Lake as then I would score a jumper number, sneaky chance at being Lake as he has never had a signature card. Better get myself into gear and get a 1-300 from last year and a 301-600 from this year.

Lake and Hale retired just now. Just read on the AFL website. Hale i expected to go, but thought Lake would get one more year. What if Frawley has a few more injury issues during the year? The team we had this year worked really well, a good balance down back i thought. I thought his form over the finals warranted another year but not to be. Hows that for a fairytail for Lake, 3 seasons with the Hawks and 3 premierships and a Norm Smith medal, just an amazing story.

Hawthorn triple-premiership players David Hale and Brian Lake have today announced their AFL retirements.

Hale played 237 games in total (129 at North Melbourne, 108 at Hawthorn) and kicked 217 goals. In my opinion he was a very underrated part of Hawthorn's success in recent years, often playing as a ruck-cum-forward who had to battle the likes of Jacobs, Sandilands, Naitanui and Mumford.

Lake played 251 games in total (197 at the Western Bulldogs, 54 at Hawthorn) and kicked 34 goals. Beside his 2013 Norm Smith Medal, he will be remembered for various "Brian" moments which occasionally flummoxed former coaches Rodney Eade and Alastair Clarkson :)

@BLOWN8 - sorry mate, you beat me to the punch!

World's worst kept secret

Dangerfield & pick 50 to Geelong for Dean Gore and picks 9 & 28

West Coast didn't match either so Geelong adds another Selwood to the coffers

....dual Hawthorn premiership player Matt Suckling has exercised his free agency option and has signed with the Western Bulldogs for three years. He will be a lethal weapon at Etihad Stadium, the Dogs are quickly turning that venue into a fortress.

Jack Redden to West Coast for pick 17. West Coast also get pick 37 as compo for Selwood.

Hawthorn get pick 39 as compo for Suckling. They've also gone cold on Yarran who seems destined to join the Tigers. (Though I found it odd they were interested in the first place)

Leuenberger just waiting on the Lions before he can join the Bombers on a 3 year deal.

Jeremy Howe has requested a trade, destination unknown so far though North is thought to be leading the race.

Jetta to West Coast in exchange for Sinclair.

Hate to see Sinclair go, and West Coast were adamant he wasn't going to be traded, but apparently Sinclair was interested in the move when it was clear Sydney were gunning for him.

In the end its a win for both clubs.

West Coast has been knocked of late for its lack of pace. Jetta suits that need, and will be a great compliment to Gaff running the wings.

And while Sinclair is a loss, its softened knowing they still have Lycett. And tbh Sinclair has probably shown enough that he shouldn't spend another season as an understudy to Nic Nat. Just as it would be a shame to see Lycett waste another year in the WAFL.

The big downer, is that with the additions of Redden and Jetta, Rosa has apparently now asked to be traded.

Latest trade new......Carlisle to St Kilda in a straight swap for Ahmed Saad with the AFL's new Druggy exchange program.

The 2016 fixture has been released (I thought it a touch early to start a new thread haha).

As a Hawthorn member I am delighted with it - the AFL could have made life extremely difficult but on balance I find it hard to argue.

There will be a bye for all teams after round 23, thus ending (hopefully) the "resting" controversy that plagued the final round this season. There is no Good Friday football either, and indeed no Friday football for Carlton at all. There will be only one game on ANZAC Day, the traditional Collingwood v Essendon blockbuster.

Attachments

• 2016-Toyota-AFL-Premiership-Season-Fixture.pdf
    46.3 KB · Views: 96
Back
Top Bottom