NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the Wighton tackle as similar to the tackle Campbell-Gillard did on Sam Rapira.

142737-2fac9bb8-4323-11e5-b050-a7ef6c6b3ef3.jpg

He got charged with a Grade 2 Careless high tackle for that.

See the video below.

View: https://youtu.be/bXnzReWxfvo

The result was similar with 2 players ending up concussed and needing to leave the field.

Both solid hits and both not intentionally trying to hurt the other player.

If Wighton had not been charged, then I think RCG would have felt even harder done by!

Cheers
Matt

Matulino was charged the week before RCG and got 4 weeks. Many Warriors fans felt there had been a huge disparity between the judiciary decisions.

After all Matulino hit Widdop front on, on the chest with both arms up. The commentators were all raving about the tackle and then suddenly he is out of the game for a month.

muts.png

Matulino was charged the week before RCG and got 4 weeks. Many Warriors fans felt there had been a huge disparity between the judiciary decisions.

After all Matulino hit Widdop front on, on the chest with both arms up. The commentators were all raving about the tackle and then suddenly he is out of the game for a month.

muts.png

It was a good hit in the old days, but seriously it was a blatant shoulder charge his arms weren't in the air his arm was tucked tight into his body, shoulder turned towards player and momentum directed forward into the attacker player with no intent to use arms.

Now did he deserve 4 weeks is a whole different conversation.

Ross

Croker needs 7 points on Sunday to claim top point scorer for the year.

Maloney's attempted trip / kick? Suspension? Probably not, he is a Rooster!

I don't think it deserves a suspension, he's a clean skin with no carry over points so a Grade 1 = 75 points and he'll be free to play.

I'm OK with Croker getting 7 points or more but as long as the Raiders don't win and spoil my tipping :thumbsup:

Don't disagree with you...

But get a giggle out of your bias.

My bias is terrible but....

The refereeing just seems to get consistently worse. A very tough job being a referee but it is the lack of consistency and the ability to change a decision to the correct one which just leaves me dumbfounded.

Tigers v Dragons on Saturday night - Between 60-70 minute mark when the Tigers were well and truly on the way back they had two knock on calls against them. Both calls (especially the first) were reviewed while the scrum was setting and both showed a Dragons, not Tigers error yet neither decision was reversed, why?

Farah penalty - Was he not square? Yes. When was the last time in golden point a penalty was blown for that? No idea because it doesn't happen. Surely we will now see every infringement in golden point penalised for the remainder of the season.

Eels v Raiders, Waqa sin binning - Professional foul, should he have been binned? Yes, what was he binned for though that or the gobful he gave the officials (should be bin time also). The sad fact is that so many of these professional fouls get penalised with no bin time. Where is the consistency. There are some teams who just make no effort to get off the tackled player when defending their line and will conceed 3-4 penalties in a row with no bin time.

As an NRL fan it is so frustrating!

On a side note I was very happy for Croker to take out the top points scoring gong, not a bad feat for a team outside the 8. Again my bias will show but I think he is one of the most underrated players in the comp and he wouldn't look out of place in a rep jersey.

Croker is like 24 isn't he...
He'll be in the history books - he's up there now and has 10 years left!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom