2015/16 EPL Thread (SPOILERS)

EPL Winners

• Total voters
Rumour is the de Gea deal fell through, have Real done a crafty one and played United knowing he's free of charge at the end of the season???? Will de Gea get much match time for United if he's still with us? Surely LVG is not dumb enough to leave him out if this Real drama is over... or will that be his new "philosophy" lol. Loan out Januszaj and buy Martial for £36 million??? Smells like panic buy to me.
Sometimes I just don't understand the transfer window...well, from a United perspective.
City, Chelski and LFC bought well and as has been the case for the last 3 seasons we have missed the ones we should have got, overpaid and panic bought on the rest. Fcuk me, i am glad membership is under £60 a year, if we were all paying £100 a year we'd probably have bought Joey Barton for £70 mill hahahaha such is the transfer stupidity we are showing of late.

wow. when i talk like this i get lynched. amazing how often we agree considering my opinions are 'utter tripe'... :p

Ozil started with Schalke

ozil started with RW essen, back when we were in 2.bundesliga...its been a rough decade.

wow. when i talk like this i get lynched. amazing how often we agree considering my opinions are 'utter tripe'... :p

Don't quote me out of context bud. I said a mix of facts and utter tripe. Difference is, United are my team. I don't talk crap about other teams.
Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses, just go about in the right way.

it was a joke.
what is this thing about not being able to voice opinions on teams you dont support? doesnt really make sense to me...? its all football.

Utd were up for so long I'd imagine their fans still have trouble handling any criticism of their club :whistle:
Must be... good call mate :thumbsup: oh hang on, i was making those assessments.... now that doesn't make sense does it. Hahaha :goat:

Was talking about @sgt_pepper copping it for his opinions on Utd.
Trust me, those most annoyed , bemused, concerned about the madness @ MUFC are us, the MEMBERS. There is nothing anyone could say that is worse than what we, the people who actually put our money into the club have said or are saying.
Which brings a new fun question to the thread, who is actually a member of their club? I don't mean Aus supporters club, an actual official member of their chosen team directly. I am interested in how many of us go that far to support their club.

Trust me, those most annoyed , bemused, concerned about the madness @ MUFC are us, the MEMBERS. There is nothing anyone could say that is worse than what we, the people who actually put our money into the club have said or are saying.
Which brings a new fun question to the thread, who is actually a member of their club? I don't mean Aus supporters club, an actual official member of their chosen team directly. I am interested in how many of us go that far to support their club.
No doubt. Nothing wrong with a bit of banter on an open football forum though.

I'm an Arsenal Red Level member, and about number 55000 on the season ticket waiting list. Arsenal Australia member too, which helped me get tickets last season.

I thought pepper would of liked the recent United comments.
They are the facts, sad but true. I should imagine anyone who doesn't support that particular club would find it somewhat amusing. To be fair our troubles started long before LVG and Moyes, they just got hidden behind a couple of late Fergie era championships. Plenty of great teams don't win championships these days LFC, Gunners etc. But that doesn't make them irrelevant by any means. I think this is our period of being a proud team that will not win things and as I have said many times before, i can accept that as football is that type of sport. OK to pretty good doesn't often win titles. Some Utd fans may lose sleep over not winning anything, but i won't. We were winning nothing when i started supporting Utd in the 80's so i have seen the ups and downs over 3 decades.

I thought pepper would of liked the recent United comments.

i did agree with the comments. my point was if i made them, youd be all over me for just talking bollocks or the like.

im a club member of RW essen & dortmund and still buy season tickets for RWE. most of the games my cousin goes to, but im back often enough to use it...
i dont think it matters tho. especially at the big clubs. they dont need our financial support (on top of what they already get from us). what if a supporter isnt a club member but buys £200 worth of jerseys a season? or goes to matches. are you less of a fan/supporter if you cant afford to buy membership or go to games or buy merchandise? im not sure? i dont think so tho?

No doubt. Nothing wrong with a bit of banter on an open football forum though.

I'm an Arsenal Red Level member, and about number 55000 on the season ticket waiting list. Arsenal Australia member too, which helped me get tickets last season.
Lol those season ticket lists are horrible. Nice to know I am not the only nutter then. I was actually a Watford member for a couple of seasons too, that was mainly because one of my brothers mates played for them briefly lol.

im a club member of RW essen & dortmund and still buy season tickets for RWE. most of the games my cousin goes to, but im back often enough to use it...
i dont think it matters tho. especially at the big clubs. they dont need our financial support (on top of what they already get from us). what if a supporter isnt a club member but buys £200 worth of jerseys a season? or goes to matches. are you less of a fan/supporter if you cant afford to buy membership or go to games or buy merchandise? im not sure? i dont think so tho?

Nice, and not at all. People spend loads on merch and every cent helps. Especially with the smaller clubs. I was more wondering out loud how many of us are actual members of our clubs. I think continued memberships especially from OS supporters does make a difference even to the bigger clubs to some extent. Take a few hundred thousand memberships away and that's big money lost. It's a good commitment knowing that your fans may never get to OT, the Emirates, Anfield, Stamford Bridge etc but still contribute to memberships. Merchandise is obviously worth more over all in profits. Which at the end of it allows clubs the opportunity to spend 44 mill on Sterling, 56 odd on de Bruyne or 36mil on a 19 year old. Perhaps united should play in plain skivvies so they spend more wisely. The Northern Wiggles FC

Last edited:
David De Gea should be selected as United's first team GK for the remaining of the season. Yes he will leave once his contract expires. He is our best GK and he will be recognised for what he has achieved. It's sad to loose such a talent but it's inevitable. He will leave on a free transfer.
I hope LVG plays him as he's first choice GK for the rest of the season.

David De Gea should be selected as United's first team GK for the remaining of the season. Yes he will leave once his contract expires. He is our best GK and he will be recognised for what he has achieved. It's sad to loose such a talent but it's inevitable. He will leave on a free transfer.
I hope LVG plays him as he's first choice GK for the rest of the season.

i agree but will he want to play? he was in madrid yesterday and the day before waiting through the move to happen, and when it didnt he must of been gutted, hopefully with some time away during the international break he can refocus himself i hope

i agree but will he want to play? he was in madrid yesterday and the day before waiting through the move to happen, and when it didnt he must of been gutted, hopefully with some time away during the international break he can refocus himself i hope

pretty sure the whole 'lost focus' thing was just an excuse to bench him 'til the transfer window closed. made so 1. if he left, romero would already be in stride, and 2. to prevent injury so the madrid move would go smooth.
very interested to see if he gets the no.1 spot straight up. itd be strange if he didnt...

pretty sure the whole 'lost focus' thing was just an excuse to bench him 'til the transfer window closed. made so 1. if he left, romero would already be in stride, and 2. to prevent injury so the madrid move would go smooth.
very interested to see if he gets the no.1 spot straight up. itd be strange if he didnt...
no you missed my point slightly. i dont mean when LVG referneced to him losing focus , i mean how the transfer broke down, not only for him but navas to. very awkward for them both. should of been sorted earlier. if the guy wanted to go we should of sorted it. Romero is no where near good enough

no you missed my point slightly. i dont mean when LVG referneced to him losing focus , i mean how the transfer broke down, not only for him but navas to. very awkward for them both. should of been sorted earlier. if the guy wanted to go we should of sorted it. Romero is no where near good enough

yeah, i guess that may come into it. but i think he'll want to play. hes a professional, and he knows that if he plays as well or better than last season he'll have even more leverage in any future contract negotiations...

Agreed, he had to ensure nothing happened to de Gea and had to have plan B a work in progress. It would be crazy if de Gea is not the first choice keeper now this is done. But with LVG you just never know.
I also agree with @Brummiiee that Romero is not good enough, not to replace de Gea.... however i did have the same feeling when a young gangly Spaniard came in after Edwin. So there's a slim chance he could go ok eventually.

Back
Top Bottom