Who is still doing NRL IP signed cards

BLADE

G.C. Titans collector
Real Name
Dee
Other than myself, QLDer, Richy and Bob on the Gold Coast, who else is still getting NRL cards signed by the players. Its becoming very difficult to get sets completed due to the decline of collectors and autograph hunters.

My mates and I are getting sigs more and more often now if you need any let us know, btw cards are all looked after and keep sigs in best possible condition

Opportunities seem to get less and less these days. And when they have community days you're lucky to get 12 players sign 2 cards each.... I struggle getting my cowboys cards done every year.

I try and get Dragons cards signed for my PC at members events but enthusiasm for standing around outside grounds etc is non existent anymore.

Unfortunately, work / family events have meant I've missed a couple of recent ones and the sheer volume of cards coming out each year means the gaps in the collection is getting bigger.

Last edited:
I am still looking to get my cards signed. As others have stated, it is getting harder and harder for a number of reasons.

The sig pigs are the main issue and they are killing it for everyone. Mick Ennis was at it again today at Kogarah hitting everyone up with a mountain of cards. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth, so I hate to think how the players feel. Most are too polite to say anything and just sign them all.

More and more players are of the opinion everything ends up on eBay. This causes them to either not sign cards ie. lote Tuqueri, or they alter their sigs for cards ie. Mark Gasnier who now signs scribble the size of a fingernail instead of a magnificent full signature which he used to.

Whole teams are now suspicious. Last season at a game I attended, Manly players all waited to leave at the same time. When walking through the crowd one player was yelling eBay eBay eBay. I managed to get 4 cards signed - three were scribble at best.

The issue is not just in Rugby League either, I also collect cricket. I have been after Shane Warne for years to sign some cards. He refused me last season on four separate occasions "nah mate, they will just end up on eBay" I have never had anything signed by him and most definitely would not sell it on eBay if I did, however due to others I have been tainted with the same brush. The ironic thing is now with him refusing to sign for me, the only way to complete my sets is to buy cards he has signed off eBay!

It is a great shame, and like Ross, I now focus on getting my Dragons cards signed as a priority and if I have the opportunity, get what I can for the other teams. with sooooooo many cards produced each year, it is nigh on impossible to get anywhere near a full set done.

I will also raise a point about the venues. More and more games are now moved to bigger stadiums, ie ANZ and Alliance. Those grounds are impossible to get anything signed at. I know you can get the Roosters at Allianz, however the away team parks the bus on the other side of the stadium so you can not get to them. Parra stadium is now very hard too. Dragons only play 4 games at WIN and 4 at Kogarah.

Will all of the above it is hard enough to get my own cards signed, let alone doubles to trade with. I have some, mainly dragons players, so I am happy to help where I can, just no where near what it used to be like.....

Last edited:
I took my son to the Storm vs Panthers game in Melbourne the other week.

After the game we waited in the car park for the players, it's was so different to my experiences in Sydney, there were only two other people with kids waiting.

The players were great, My son got everyone to sign his Storm jersey and he also got photos with all of them, it took almost 2 hours after the game to get everyone as it was Smiths 300th game, but even Smith stopped and signed for my son, he got a photo with him and Smith signed 3 of the posters handed out at the game commemorating his 300th game.

Was a thoroughly enjoyable experience to not have to compete with the sig pigs.

I took my son to the Storm vs Panthers game in Melbourne the other week.

After the game we waited in the car park for the players, it's was so different to my experiences in Sydney, there were only two other people with kids waiting.

The players were great, My son got everyone to sign his Storm jersey and he also got photos with all of them, it took almost 2 hours after the game to get everyone as it was Smiths 300th game, but even Smith stopped and signed for my son, he got a photo with him and Smith signed 3 of the posters handed out at the game commemorating his 300th game.

Was a thoroughly enjoyable experience to not have to compete with the sig pigs.

Smiths a legend and with a kid in tow the players always seem more willing to sign. On your own as an adult you feel weird and often seem to get the bad signature and a look of disrespect, hence my lack of enthusiasm apart from members only events.

Ross

I stopped getting ips done in the esp cards. As you have said Daniel, with shane warne and some of the nrl players by not signing for you they actually are promoting there signed cards on ebay. As that is one of the only places to buy them as they get very hard to find or obtain. They are there own worst enemy. If They knew the more they signed as they flood the market they would not end up on ebay they would be worthless. It makes it harder for the authentic collector

Anyone know how I could possibly get Marcus Bai to sign a card for me.

Have been trying to chase him down without luck :(

Back
Top Bottom