DA Card World Order

Are you planning to sell or keep in personal collection?

2015 Marvel Retro is pretty hot from what I've seen and lot of chase/inserts.

Dunno, the sketch side of the hobby seems to be dead these days, and the Aussie dollar is just pitiful right now. I've picked up a few singles but adding 30+% on top of everything is just scary! I'm trying to save some cash towards towards upcoming releases as they are just going to be so expensive now......

I can't bring myself to do orders lately with the low AUD + shipping costs. I think the next set I will break will be Arrested Development later this year (by Crypto schedules, mid-next year).

Marvel Fleer Retro seems to be quite popular at the moment, but the price after AUD$ and lack of sketches keep me far away from it.

Yeah, sadly the plummeting Aussie is a real hobby killer - for me at least anyway. I'm already committed to some stuff I've pre-ordered, but beyond that it's hard to justify buying much just for fun.... I'm doing the second Continuum set, and have put a deposit on a Star Wars release later in the year and after seeing the movie today (really enjoyed it too!), I'll likely have a go at some Ant-Man - just hope they have some decent auto's in it, UD movie releases are getting a bit disappointing in that respect..

If you're a fan of DC, Super Villians looks to be producing some really nice sketches.

I'd really be expecting this one to plummet in price though...for the first week of release it seemed no one was breaking it ! Not sure if it's improved at all now...

Latest speculation has the Aussie dollar heading below 60c...that's bloody depressing....

I'd really be expecting this one to plummet in price though...for the first week of release it seemed no one was breaking it ! Not sure if it's improved at all now...

Latest speculation has the Aussie dollar heading below 60c...that's bloody depressing....
It's due to speculation of another interest rate cut.
The lower interest rates aren't spending stimulating the economy as expected. People I've spoken to are using the extra money to pay off their loans at the lower rate or take out additional loans for investment properties rather than spending it in stores stimulating the economy.

So the dollar goes up a cent, but now the pollies are talking seriously about charging GST on imports over $20...the world's out to get us collectors it seems !! ;-)

Back on topic, did you end up going anything Dave ?

Well its like this.............lol

In the week I wanted to order the cards I spent 6500 on solar for the house. I had to buy a new oven as ours shite itself so we got a new cooktop to go with it. I then bought a new foil for the boat along with a stainless prop. Then............whilst I was manning the Brisbane Fly Fishing Club stand at the Lure & Fly Show in Ipswich last weekend I bought two new Samurai Reaction spin rods and two new Shimano Stradics to compliment them. I then paid for the 10wt Scott fly rod and a new 7wt I had ordered then a second sounder for the boat and it got worse from there......so I ran out of folding stuff to buy cards............:(

Dave

Well its like this.............lol

In the week I wanted to order the cards I spent 6500 on solar for the house. I had to buy a new oven as ours s***e itself so we got a new cooktop to go with it. I then bought a new foil for the boat along with a stainless prop. Then............whilst I was manning the Brisbane Fly Fishing Club stand at the Lure & Fly Show in Ipswich last weekend I bought two new Samurai Reaction spin rods and two new Shimano Stradics to compliment them. I then paid for the 10wt Scott fly rod and a new 7wt I had ordered then a second sounder for the boat and it got worse from there......so I ran out of folding stuff to buy cards............:(

Dave

LOL Still, sounds like you got plenty of new toys to play with ! :thumbsup:

About the only thing that's piqued my interest is Crypto announcing an Orphan Black set. If they get Tatiana Maslany to sign for each character that'd be a fun set to put together.

Also Michelle Forbes ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom