Hobbymonsters

hobbymonsters.com
Real Name
Jay & Nel
eBay User
hobbymonsters
COMC User
HobbyMonsters
Found these and been thinking they should go back into storage but they are sitting on my desk and the curious/obsessive part of me wants to bust some old school wax just to see some diff stuff and then theres the fact each pack has chewing gum... hmm whats the lifespan of chewing gum?

I think I'll bust these shortly for a trip down memory lane, but then i'll have the dillema of wether or not to try chewing gum up to 36 years old, the advertising for the grape flavoured topps bazooka gum is tempting haha..

IMG_20150713_213615.jpg
IMG_20150713_213657.jpg
IMG_20150713_213730.jpg

I bought some Smurfs wax packs a while back were dated 1982 (from memory). In regards to the chewing gum that came with them.....they'd have made a great substitute for steak knives!!! :)

Google says...

'Chewing gum is a very stable product because of its non-reactive nature and its low moisture content. Because of this, chewing gum retains its quality for a longer time than most other food products – so long, in fact, that chewing gum is not required by law to be labeled with an expiration date in most countries. Chewing gum that is not used may, over time, become brittle and lose some of its good taste, but the product will remain safe to chew.'

hmmm LMAO

Much the same as saying "Kate Upton isn't bad looking", thirty year old chewing gum being described as "brittle" and losing "some of its good taste" is a big bloody understatement :)

I opened a box of Back to the Future cards a year or so ago and they were in terrible condition inside. Unless you know that they have been stored properly, I wouldn't bother opening. As for the chewing gum, each to their own.

Google says...

'Chewing gum is a very stable product because of its non-reactive nature and its low moisture content. Because of this, chewing gum retains its quality for a longer time than most other food products – so long, in fact, that chewing gum is not required by law to be labeled with an expiration date in most countries. Chewing gum that is not used may, over time, become brittle and lose some of its good taste, but the product will remain safe to chew.'

hmmm LMAO
Given your not suppose to swallow gum based on that info I would possibly try it.
Probably would have a tentative lick first just to be sure the taste isn't completely foul.

I've tried it. Interesting flavour.

From a pack of 1980 Empire Strikes Back.

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/1980-topps-empire-strikes-back.25163/

Most of those older packs the cards next to the gum get ruined as the soak up any moisture from the gum. Some packs i've opened of older product have had 2 cards ruined.
Yeh. Generally card closest gum was kinda bad didn't try the gum it smelt funky and after opening about 30 packs my hands felt gross haha the 88 topps dinosaurs attack cards are kinda awesome haha

Back
Top Bottom