The Australian cricket non-official thread!

Windies are playing tests in Australia in December January.

He is current bowling coach for Windies & if still holding that post he will be with the team then. Curtley signed a card for me during the World Cup so would think he would have no issues signing his book if you make your way down to a training session.

Windies are playing tests in Australia in December January.

He is current bowling coach for Windies & if still holding that post he will be with the team then. Curtley signed a card for me during the World Cup so would think he would have no issues signing his book if you make your way down to a training session.
Isn't New Zealand playing Oz aswell?

This is schedule after the Ashes for Australia.

Australia tour of Bangladesh 2015
Matches: 2 Test
Venue: Bangladesh
New Zealand tour of Australia 2015
Matches: 3 Test
Venue: Australia
West Indies tour of Australia 2015-16
Matches: 3 Test
Venue: Australia

The New Zealand Tests will be the first three of the summer, followed by 3 against the Windies.

Should be the other way around IMO, with the big tests - Boxing Day & New Years in Melbourne & Sydney it would be great to see Australia V New Zealand. With the current state of West Indian Cricket, the show piece games of the summer may be all over in three days.....

Adelaide will be v New Zealand and as you said 99% certain it will be the first ever day night test.

Sydney & Melbourne will be West Indies, unsure of the other test, will be either Perth or Hobart as Brisbane will be New Zealand as always first test of the summer.

Gee, Steven Smith once again hey? Hopefully he will continue on to a maiden double century today and guide Australia to a total of 450+. Other than Jerome Taylor, the West Indies bowling varies from solid to pedestrian so he will rarely have a better opportunity.

it would be great to see Brad Haddin back amongst the runs as well - his battle against Jos Buttler is going to be crucial in the upcoming Ashes series.

It is worth noting that twenty years ago Australia ended the West Indies' famous unbeaten run in Test cricket - apart from the Brian Lara-inspired 1999 tour (Steve Waugh's first as captain), they've hardly bruised us since. From the beginning of the 1995 tour it has been Australia: 25 West Indies: 6. 18-1 since the start of the 2000-01 series.

Yikes!!

Well, the Ashes tour is almost upon us, folks! Thankfully, in a far more viewer-friendly timeslot too!

The complete itinerary is as follows:

TOUR MATCHES:
Kent vs Australians at Canterbury - 25-28 June - Aus 8/507d & 4/322d def. Kent 280 & 294 by 255 runs
Essex vs Australians at Chelmsford - 1-4 July
Derbyshire vs Australians at Derby - 23-25 July
Northamptonshire vs Australians at Northampton - 14-16 August

TESTS:
1st Test: England vs Australia at Cardiff - 8-12 July
2nd Test: England vs Australia at Lord's - 16-20 July
3rd Test: England vs Australia at Edgbaston - 29 July-2nd August
4th Test: England vs Australia at Trent Bridge - 6-10 August
5th Test: England vs Australia at Kennington Oval - 20-24 August

T20I's:
England vs Australia at Cardiff - 31st August

ODI'S:
Ireland vs Australia at Belfast - 27th August
1st ODI - England vs Australia at The Rose Bowl - 3rd September
2nd ODI - England vs Australia at Lord's - 5th September
3rd ODI - England vs Australia at Old Trafford - 8th September
4th ODI - England vs Australia at Headingley - 11th September
5th ODI - England vs Australia at Old Trafford - 13th September

Let's have at it!!!!!

Last edited:
The reason why Aust will play WI in the show piece games is that the Indian TV audiences watch WI and do not watch NZ.

It has nothing to do with form. It is a television / commercial decision.

The reason why Aust will play WI in the show piece games is that the Indian TV audiences watch WI and do not watch NZ.

It has nothing to do with form. It is a television / commercial decision.
Why do we have to bow to those damm Indians ,to any fair minded cricket person N.Z. Would be the team they would like to watch,especially the way they are playing test cricket in the last 18 months to 2 years,I think it sucks

Australia has reached 3/348 at stumps on day one of their opening tour match against Kent.

Marsh 114, Rogers 84, Clarke 56, Smith 71*, Watson 8*. It is a 4-day game so hopefully a lot more batting practice is the order of the day, then unleash Johnson, Harris and Siddle on 'em!

Bugger! Ryan Harris has been ruled out of the tour match (just starting) against Essex with knee soreness. This is potentially very bad news for Ryan's Cardiff Test hopes, as it was expected that he would bowl himself into "match fitness" over the next four days to satisfy the selectors of his availability.

Thankfully the Aussies have Johnson, Hazlewood, Starc and Siddle to choose from!

The line-up for the tour match is Rogers, Warner, Clarke, Voges, Watson, M. Marsh, Nevill, Siddle, Starc, Hazlewood, Lyon.

David Warner has started like a train, racing to 12 off 7 balls with 3 boundaries!

Devastated for Ryano.

I assume Johnson, Hazlewood & Starc will be our quicks for Cardiff and if they boll well Ryano might find it very difficult to find his way back in.

I would hate for his career to end without a farewell test, he gave up a home World Cup chance to be fit for the Ashes.

Oops - James Faulkner has been charged with drink driving in England - he was THREE TIMES over the limit. It is likely that he will banned for the entirety of Australia's ODI/T20 leg of the current England tour. http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...-three-times-legal-limit-20150703-gi507x.html

In on-field news, Mitchell Starc ended up with 6/51 and Michael Clarke made 77 overnight as our Tour match with Essex reaches a very interesting stage. Australia reached stumps at 8/212 in their second innings, an overall lead of 360 with one day to play. Interestingly, Mitchell Marsh made 37 (to go with 2 wickets) while Shane Watson was out for 6 and only bowled six overs (tidily, though) in the Essex first innings. Make of THAT what you will!

Not long to go now lads until the first test :). It is sure to be a busy Wednesday night with Origin, Ashes and the Footy show all on the same night.

On another note, how is everyone feeling about the Day/Night test match to be played this year against NZ?

I don't mind that they are trying this, however, test matches should stay in the traditional mould of being played in the day.

My First Test XI:

1. Warner
  2. Rogers
  3. Smith
  4. Clarke
  5. Voges / S Marsh (probably S Marsh for mine)
  6. M Marsh
  7. Haddin
  8. Starc
  9. Johnson
  10. Hazelwood
  11. Lyon

Back
Top Bottom