2015 AFL Season Discussion

I think Essendon can get Geelong with pace if they move the ball a lot quicker than they have recently. Both teams are just two of a few teams vying for the last couple of positions in the 8 so games like these could be crucial in the long run.

I have been meaning to try and find the last time Geelong conceeded 40 scoring shots in a game but haven't had a chance yet. I'd venture the (probably wrong!) opinion that it hasn't happened since the beginning of their Golden run in 2007.

It looks as though the career of West Coast and Carlton champion Chris Judd may be over, following his knee injury yesterday. The man himself has not yet publicly conceded that it is indeed the end, although he of course would be at incredibly long odds to return given his age and the length of time required to recover.

I have just had a look through Juddy's playing honours and admit to being very uneducated!! How's this for a CV:

West Coast:

134 games
138 goals
1 x Premiership (2006)
1 x Brownlow Medal (2004)
1 x AFL MVP (2006)
1 x Norm Smith Medal (2005)
2 x All Australian (2004, 2006)
2 x Best and Fairest (2004, 2006)

Carlton:

145 games
90 goals
1 x Brownlow Medal (2010)
1 x AFL MVP (2011)
4 x All Australian (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
3 x Best and Fairest (2008, 2009, 2010)

He will surely be a walk-up start in the AFL Hall of Fame the moment he is eligible.

Just a casual observation from the last couple of weeks watching the footy.....

When I first heard Channel Seven commentator Hamish McLachlan (AKA "Hame" or "Hammer") refer to Collingwood's Jamie Elliott a week ago as "Billy" Elliott I thought to myself "gee, that's cute".

Having continued to do it EVERY F**KING TIME HE TOUCHES THE F**KING BALL leaves one searching for objects to hurl at the television or indeed wanting to harm oneself!!

I'll leave that thought with you! :)

Shane Mumford will undergo ankle surgery and has been ruled out for the rest of the year. What a massive, season-defining blow for the young GWS team. He is a literal and figurative goliath in that team. It will be interesting to see how the kids respond to him not being there to offer his "influence" :)

Carlton's Dale Thomas will also miss the remainder of the season with his shoulder injury.

In other news, Corey "Boris" Enright will become the third Geelong player to reach the 300 game milestone, behind Ian Nankervis and Sam Newman. What a grand defender he has been. Best and Fairest in two premiership years says it all.

Last edited:
We could see the giants fall like Gold Coast did after Ablett got injured. for their sake and the competitions I hope they don't.
maybe they'll be wishing they didn't trade Jon Giles.

Alex Rance has signed a four year contract with Richmond, putting to bed the rumours of a move to WA, retirement and other associated media-driven nonsense. Great news for the Tigers!

Great win by the Blues today, I found myself barracking for them and I'm glad they won.
John Barker is doing a good job so far.

Woke to news of Phil Walsh this morning, like everyone i am in shock.

Phil spent 5 years as an assistant coach under Woosha at West Coast, he was instrumental in helping us make a prelim final after finishing dead last the year before.

His forward press was a thing of beauty and truly had teams stumped in 2011.

I was truly sad when he left for Port, but was thrilled for him when he got the head coaching position at the Crows.

The fact that almost everyone has re signed and the way they have played this year especially with injuries shows that Phil was having a huge influence on the Adelaide football club.

My thoughts are with his family, friends, the Adelaide football club and all those who worked along side him during his career at 7 different football clubs.

Vale Phil Walsh.

It was shattering news to wake up to this morning. :cry: Absolutely surreal and devastating. Rest In Peace Phil, thanks for everything you did for our great game.

Awesome tribute by both teams after tonight's game too, made for a terribly sad but beautifully powerful image.

R.I.P Phil Walsh
It was great to see the tribute made by both of the teams last night. Hopefully we never have to go through with something again.

Back
Top Bottom