UFC MMA Discussion (spoilers)

So more and more people fighters are speaking out - but not committing career suicide - about the Reebok deal.

Essentially here are the numbers:

Reebok-payout.jpg

Now I thought this would only restricted fighters from appearing at UFC events with competing apparel sponsors, but no. It affects ALL sponsorships. No more shorts sponsors, no more pre-fight banners. No more tech companies, no more supplement brands, no more beers. And it includes every aspect of the UFC, right down the UFC expo where fight gear brand Hayabusa is banned from.

Every logo that will appear on fighters, mats, ring posts, will be UFC approved.

Brendan Schaub has spoken out a bit, stating has made up to $100k a fight from endorsements (something which was verified by Joe Rogan), but now with his 11 fight UFC career, the best he's going to get is $10,000.

Miesha Tate has also pointed out that this penalizes female fighters given how new the Bantamweight and Strawweight divisions are. And that despite herself benefiting from a few fights in Strikeforce that fall under the Zuffa banner, she will still be substantially worse off, only netting $5000 a fight. A far cry from the near $65,000 she has made in the past.

The thing that s--ts me the most these comparisons people make to the NFL and NBA. Its not even close. MMA isn't a team sport, and they don't have an equivalent players association. Otherwise the fighters would have been consulted when this deal was made.

Being in the UFC is more in line with being on the ATP or PGA tour.

Finally there's this

6SjIGka.jpg

Despite Dana White's continued bleating that everything in the deal is going to the fighters, there's been a bit of noise about how that is far from the truth.

what a card so far. now for the big one, lets hope cormier doesn't turn it into a snooze fest. actually lets hope cormier is snoozing come the end of it. id love to see his head 'clatter off the canvas'

cormier coppingg booos in the second round, no surprises there

well that ruined a very good card for me :/

AHAHHAA really good interview for someone who works in the business. what a wanker. absolute dud

would've preferred a coke head as champ.

Pretty thorough victory for DC. Rumble had to torch him in the first, he's not built for deep rounds, and the longer it went the more chance DC had of dragging him to the ground.

Great win for Arlovski, got clipped too and still powered through it.

Didn't like Weidman's weigh in dig at Belfort, give that Weidman's test results have thrown up some suspicious results themselves. Still, pretty clear victory. Next fight has to be Rockhold or Jacare. Rockhold just fought in April so the timing worksa, while Souza is heading in for knee surgery.

If only Dong Hyun Kim finished guys with armbars so we can bring back the Dongbar :(

AHAHHAA really good interview for someone who works in the business. what a w***er. absolute dud

Between cokehead Jon Jones running read lights, crashing into pregnant women, and fleeing the scene, and Rumble's history with domestic violence, its amazing you hold so much disdain for the one guy who's a cleanskin.

Between cokehead Jon Jones running read lights, crashing into pregnant women, and fleeing the scene, and Rumble's history with domestic violence, its amazing you hold so much disdain for the one guy who's a cleanskin.

He just conducts himself like a genuine wanker.

Press conference prime example, i want the easiest fight in the division give me ryan bader, hand me the pay checks now"

In saying that im a bit of a hypocrite as i can appreciate everything mcgregor does.

I just hate dc with a passion, always have and always will

I really enjoyed the card. I like both Rumble and DC, so wasn't really rooting for either guy. The Brown v Arlovski fight was epic.

Werdum was unbelievable today, i thought he would win, but didn't expect him to dominate the striking like that. and his finish, was just outstanding.

How good a trainer is Rafael Cordeiro, the improvement in the stand up game of Werdum and Dos Anjos these last few years has been nothing short of extraordinary, both were one dimensional BJJ guys only a few years ago, now they can both bang with anyone in their respective divisions

Last edited:
That was an amazing heavyweight fight i agree. Werdum was very focused and his accuracy was spot on.
I know Matt.P has a 1/1 glove auto book:thumbsup:...check previous breaks.

So flat about it. Lawler mcdonald should be the main now imo.

McGregor still gets the job done imo, definitely a tougher fight now though. Can silence all doubters with a win here

lol the UFC continues to make f*** all sense

Conor and Mendes to fight for an interim title

Which will headline over an actual title fight

And of course Dana White threw Aldo under the bus in announcing it.

Also; they launched the Reebok uniforms today, and they look pretty goddamn ugly. Even worse is they got a bunch of names wrong... Jacare "Ronaldo" Souza, Giblert Melendez, Kevin Swanson, Rebecca Rawlings, and Marcio Lyoto Machida. The deal is peanuts in the grand scheme of apparel deals, and these errors only compounds how little market value the UFC truly has. Doesn't stop them from charging $75-90 for one of these bland dish rags.

Josh Koscheck, now with Bellator and no longer toeing the company line, isn't happy there's a UFC Reebok shirt with his name on it either. Claims merchandising wasn't included in his last contract, and he was one of the hold outs (along with Fitch) at AKA a few years ago when the UFC was getting everyone to sign over lifetime likeness rights.

Jacare "Ronaldo" Souza, Giblert Melendez, Kevin Swanson, Rebecca Rawlings, and Marcio Lyoto Machida.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl:=D>=D> Great Job!
Pretty disappointed about the Aldo pull out and also believe that Rmac and Robbie should be the main!..Shows that if you talk a lot of $*#T and build hype then the UFC will throw money at you . McGregor has had a smooth run up until this point and never fought anyone in the caliber of Mendes with great wrestling skills and strength...be interesting.
Wouldn't
it be funny if Chad wins :eek: ! As much as the Ufc are saying the Aldo v McGregor will always happen it might dampen the cash flow and hype and make them consider weather or not the $$$$$$ are still in it....AND would he really deserve a title shot ?

Back
Top Bottom