Qld qld qld again

Jon, Qld could almost field another full team and still beat Nsw. Katrina.

The refereeing in general was quite poor and inconsistent as it has been all year. I understand the need for discretion and less penalties in a big game but if QLD were offside by up to 6 metres at times I don't know how that can be overlooked.

Likewise with the Slater catch where it should have a seven tackle set from the 20m, how can that be missed with 4 officials and video refs?

The refereeing of the ruck was also horrible. How Fifita gets away with leaving his feet when playing the ball and walking off the mark by several metres is beyond me.

Anyways was still a good close game, better team won but NSW should be buoyed by the fact that they were outplayed and only lost by one point in the final few minutes.

Cry cry Nsw lost. I copped it for years in the 80s now its Nsw turn to be 2nd best for another decade. Katrina.

havent watched the game yet, hoping to watch it tonight or tomorrow morning.

Origin time does not excite people like it use to, work it retail and a few years ago customers would be wearing the colours and talking about it a few weeks leading up and for a few days after you couldnt talk about anything else. This year if i didnt see the result on facebook and on here than i could have easily watched the game and not known who had won until i got around to watching it.

Hi Brendan, i am not being a bad winner? I am just very passionate about football in general. For example do u know what its like to go to a Origin game here in Sydney all dressed up in your Qld gear being cursed on from the 1st minute to the very last dying seconds? The game needs passion and i understand that or it would all fade away meaning i can handle the banta and the swearing but to be called a sore winner? Are u for real? Qld has been the better side for almost a decade and they will still dominate for years to come because of there structure on and off the field. Nsw chop and change way to much and thats there own fault.

Katrina, you make some excellent points and no I do not know what it is like to be heckled by Blues supporters as I have never been to an origin in Sydney. There is a fine line between being passionate and being a 'bad winner'. Banter is great but it sounded like you were completely dismissing NSW at winning an origin for the next decade and considering we were clearly the better team on Wednesday night and only won by a point seems a bit a over the top. Anyway good to see passionate fans, wasn't intending to have a go at you.

By the way, i do know a few of the Nsw origin players and yes they are all good guys. But, i still feel Qld has a far better culture and understanding of what it means to play for Queensland if you know what i mean. When you are picked to play origin it's not just another game, its mate vs mate, state vs state and no one even your club team mates can get in your way to represent the mighty state you play for. Qld understand this where is i feel Nsw dont. Is this a fair call or not?

It is great to have the passion about your team QLD and provoke such interest. If it was NSW we would be doing the same. Good on you. 10 more in a row, thats not going to happen. Living in QLD and being a Blues supporter, i can tell you, there is a lot of difference in mateship between the 2 sides. I have always noticed the difference, and quite obviously it has paid off.

Its funny seeing people say QLD were the better side, to be honest they looked old and slow to me, and it felt like a game NSW should have won, and the overblown reactions south of the border seem to indicate just as much. NSW fans should take solace that in a game where they saw very little ball, it was only settled by one point.

Dear NRL Fan,

SoO has always been about Qld.

It started so Qld players could go home and play for their 'state of origin'.

Then when SL decimated the QLD ranks, they let in Adrian Lam and it continued on.

Whenever NSW had a period of domination, QLD always bleat that SoO is dead...that it should go down to one game...blah blah blah. However, during the eight in a row, it was a 'golden era' and that NSW would 'never win' and that blah blah blah blah.

I got tired of being told NSWers weren't passionate about RL. That we weren't real RL people like Qlders.

Funny to think in 8 series - 24 games - there were 4 (what could be considered) floggings of NSW. None over 30 points.

So for NRL FAN, there's my view. You're free to take how you like.

I'll leave you with one of my favourite SoO moments, which was when NSW shit on QLD from a great height in 2000. 56-16. A right royal blue flogging. The most pathetic thing I'd ever seen by a QLD side. It was a night to dance and a night to revel and a night to give it to so many QLDers. Ryan Girdler was a god that night. QLD had nothing and I told as many QLD supporters in the crowd so they would never forget. LOL.

And for mine, I'd give Gus Gould the NSW coach role until the day he dies.

So yeah. Good win. QLD have a golden team and have had since 2006. These days I'm older, a little wiser (I'd like to think) and maybe a little more mature. To be honest, I thought QLD deserved to win on Wednesday.

And if you think wearing QLD gear in NSW isn't always nice, holy shit, try wearing blue at Suncorp or the old Lang Park. Lucky to escape and live to tell the tale there.

GO NSW!!!

;)

The fact is QLD pick the same old same old winners, NSW pick the same old same old me me me. It is not about me, it is about the team and the passion. Really,that is why we lose most every time. Mitchell Pearce kicks to Billy, gees i have never seen that b4. NSW coaches pick friends picks.

I love how QLD will pick players with heart but NSW do not. Explains why people like Alan Tongue never got a shot, or why Hindy was cast off so early.

Alan Tongue would have been the leader that we needed but politics never let that happen. Klemmer is the new breed of passion that we need, my 1st choice in the forwards. Farrah is all about himself eg wests, poor captain at any time, jackson is also the new breed. I would put Dugan as captain myself as he has spirit.

Qld will be the champs in 3 more weeks. Will you remind me then, James. But lets be honest here, Origin comes and goes every year (sometimes Qld wins and sometimes Nsw wins). But for me while Qld has been dominant for almost a decade i would do almost anything to see my Mighty Broncos win another premiership. If i could choose between the two i would pick the Broncos winning hands down. I must admit in my lifetime i have been very lucky to see both Qlds dominance and the Broncos win premierships but for some other followers of the game we all love they are not so lucky if you know what i mean. Even though i have followed my favorite team the Broncos sense day one 1988, if they dont win i would love to see someone like Parramatta, Warriors, Titans or Cowboys win a premiership so there fans can rejoice in glory.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom