Hobbymonsters

hobbymonsters.com
Real Name
Jay & Nel
eBay User
hobbymonsters
COMC User
HobbyMonsters
So.. Jaxon, my youngest says to me that he has been doing research on some cheap packs to bist that would be "profitable" so he can upscale lol.

He says after a few days, considering whats available in the area, Pokemon booster sets would be our best bet. I am dubious, so he offers a "bet"..

If i be good for 24 hours you buy me 3 packs. If they are profitable by comc/ebay prices easily, i buy 3 more. And so on..

Seems ok at worst i figure im up for a few packs and some good behaviour. To cut to the chase he had 4x hits and a bunch of mini hits and was rather profitable.

My question is.. are pokemon cards a good collector platform, and generally good value or profit or have i been had by my sons luck? CAM01214.jpg

CAM01214.jpg

This is a tough one.. the newer cards are quite hard to determine a trend from.

If his only investment is 3 packs, or loose boosters, it's like playing the lotto. It all depends if he gets a MEGA EX or some high end holograms.

I personally think it's a good investment in comparison to many other genres of non sport, as there are collectors in their late twenties, and collectors who are still kids. It's spaning two massive generations.

Also PSA reported that pokemon is overtaking many of there sports grading numbers. And it is by far the most graded non sports franchise, beating MTG.

One sure bet is the 1st edition base set cards, are always going to skyrocket.

Back
Top Bottom