2014-15 NBA Playoffs Thread - SPOILERS!!!!

I say somewhat competitive because both games Houston was down 8 points with a minute and a half to go, so the outcome would be usually determined by then. They just managed to reduce the final score line and give a bit of a scare to the Warriors.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

HOU have fought back from 17 one game and been up by 16 in the other.

Both teams have plenty of firepower so closing games is going to be incredibly tough.

Let's hope this series goes long:)

@JarydWilson: Barkley just walked into the media room and said: "Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the last one to leave, turns the lights out."

Ouch

It will likely be a Cavs vs Warriors Finals as widely anticipated. Does anyone give the Cavs a chance to win given the injuries to Love and Irving? I mean, with a healthy Cavs team, they would be underdogs against the number 1 team in the league, but with injuries, I don't see this going past 6 games to the Warriors.

It will likely be a Cavs vs Warriors Finals as widely anticipated. Does anyone give the Cavs a chance to win given the injuries to Love and Irving? I mean, with a healthy Cavs team, they would be underdogs against the number 1 team in the league, but with injuries, I don't see this going past 6 games to the Warriors.

That should be some series.

I just can't see LeBron being a part of another finals loss. Surely he's gonna do something special. He's the one that keeps saying that he'll be on Mt Rushmore. Well this is his chance to do something truly great in lead the Cavs to the title.

lol! Just saw this in a RealGM thread and had a laugh...

BDibAuO.jpg

Of course Cavs still have to get 2 more. But the fact they've won both on the road convincingly, the second without Irving, makes going back to Atlanta look less and less likely. Loved the Hawks jerseys today, but!

That should be some series.

I just can't see LeBron being a part of another finals loss. Surely he's gonna do something special. He's the one that keeps saying that he'll be on Mt Rushmore. Well this is his chance to do something truly great in lead the Cavs to the title.
Cavs would have done well to get into the Finals after an inconsistent season and all the injuries, but IMO there's no way LeBron is going to be able to haul a bunch of playoff virgins to a title. Kyrie at the very least needs to be healthy and play exceptionally well for them to have a sniff at winning the title and LeBron needs to enter into NBA2K cheat mode. Game 1 JR was the X Factor and Shumpert was it in Game 2 but beyond their occasional flashes of brilliance ala Josh Smith, you can't depend on them to do it consistently.

"We played them in the regular season this year and got the best of them," Bazemore said in reference to the Hawks' 3-1 record against the Cavs this past season. "I still think we're the better team. We just haven't shown it yet."

Noob move Bazemore. Everytime someone challenges LeBron, it's personal. Ask Jason Terry.

Cavs would have done well to get into the Finals after an inconsistent season and all the injuries, but IMO there's no way LeBron is going to be able to haul a bunch of playoff virgins to a title. Kyrie at the very least needs to be healthy and play exceptionally well for them to have a sniff at winning the title and LeBron needs to enter into NBA2K cheat mode. Game 1 JR was the X Factor and Shumpert was it in Game 2 but beyond their occasional flashes of brilliance ala Josh Smith, you can't depend on them to do it consistently.

The Cavs aren't some rookie squad.

They have a great mix of young talent and veterans to go along with LeBron. It's hard to believe how easy CLE are doing it but again, I can't see LeBron losing in the finals again. GS have a few weaknesses and CLE match up well. I certainly wouldn't be putting my house on GS to win it all.

LeBron seems pretty hard to stop.

The Cavs aren't some rookie squad.

They have a great mix of young talent and veterans to go along with LeBron. It's hard to believe how easy CLE are doing it but again, I can't see LeBron losing in the finals again. GS have a few weaknesses and CLE match up well. I certainly wouldn't be putting my house on GS to win it all.

LeBron seems pretty hard to stop.
There's the regular season, and there's the 'real' season ie the playoffs. Delly, Irving, Love, Thompson are all playing in the playoffs for the first time and the second time for Mozgov. That's a good chunk of their main starters with limited playoffs experience. All those other guys, like Marion, Miller and Perkins have barely played in this Cavs playoffs rotation. It'll be a very special championship if the Cavs win a title this year. Would love for LeBron to defy the odds and bring home the championship but the Cavs are to the Warriors what Pacquiao is to Mayweather. They just have no real shot at winning no matter what the bookies say.

There's the regular season, and there's the 'real' season ie the playoffs. Delly, Irving, Love, Thompson are all playing in the playoffs for the first time and the second time for Mozgov. That's a good chunk of their main starters with limited playoffs experience. All those other guys, like Marion, Miller and Perkins have barely played in this Cavs playoffs rotation. It'll be a very special championship if the Cavs win a title this year. Would love for LeBron to defy the odds and bring home the championship but the Cavs are to the Warriors what Pacquiao is to Mayweather. They just have no real shot at winning no matter what the bookies say.

I think you're a Cavs fan right? It seems there's quite a few on other sites saying the same thing and I think it's them playing it down so they don't get heartbroken.

The Cavs have a wealth of Championship experience. Especially compared to GS. Whilst GS are the favorites, I'll be backing CLE. J. Jones has been getting mins, Jr has been to the playoffs multiple times. Whilst CLE have plenty of youth, they balance out with veteran leadership. I guarantee Marion and Miller contribute to a game in the Finals, especially Marion. This team doesn't want to get all the way to the finals and lose.

GS have holes in their game which is why I've been waiting for them to lose. They play their best in transition off stops and they don't have as great an offense as suggested. Their D fuels their O most of the time. But LeBron and the Cavs will limit this.

CLE have LeBron. They have a guy that they can look to who's done it all before and time and time again. I think they'll be fine. TT and Shump are now just as experienced as the GS players.

It's crazy to think a team can get thrown together and make the Finals, but it's happening and I think LeBron is primed to win it all.

I couldn't agree more with you, it will be a very special championship, but this isn't the Magic vs the Spurs as far as experience goes.

I think you're a Cavs fan right? It seems there's quite a few on other sites saying the same thing and I think it's them playing it down so they don't get heartbroken.

The Cavs have a wealth of Championship experience. Especially compared to GS. Whilst GS are the favorites, I'll be backing CLE. J. Jones has been getting mins, Jr has been to the playoffs multiple times. Whilst CLE have plenty of youth, they balance out with veteran leadership. I guarantee Marion and Miller contribute to a game in the Finals, especially Marion. This team doesn't want to get all the way to the finals and lose.

GS have holes in their game which is why I've been waiting for them to lose. They play their best in transition off stops and they don't have as great an offense as suggested. Their D fuels their O most of the time. But LeBron and the Cavs will limit this.

CLE have LeBron. They have a guy that they can look to who's done it all before and time and time again. I think they'll be fine. TT and Shump are now just as experienced as the GS players.

It's crazy to think a team can get thrown together and make the Finals, but it's happening and I think LeBron is primed to win it all.

I couldn't agree more with you, it will be a very special championship, but this isn't the Magic vs the Spurs as far as experience goes.
I like LeBron and Curry so I'm impartial to who wins the championship really. Just making my prediction based on my observations. Houston is the lone anomaly from my picks that somehow managed to fluke their way through with the help of some prime choking and over confidence by the Clippers.

Kyle Korver out for rest of the playoffs. Probably inconsequential to the result but still brutal - hate to see players go down with injuries especially if it will require surgery

3rd quarter, Rockets 20 down and Harden looking for contact but ref's not calling it. Awesome.

Curry is killing it. KILLING IT!!!

Oh dear.

I didn't get to see any of the game. Saw the half time, 3 qtr and then full time score though. Embarrassing. I feel for Houston's fans.

Just sad for the playoffs that things can be so lopsided at this stage. Let's hope for an amazing Finals series between the Cavs and GS, I think it will be the highest rating Finals series of all time.

Back
Top Bottom