Bradman

GarnettFan4Life

Administrator
Real Name
Matt
COMC User
GarnettFan4Life
Thought I'd post this up because I was visiting my pop the other day and seen it on his mantle, haven't been there in a while. Picked it up from the Bradman Museum in Bowral, we've been there a couple of times, most recently about 5 years ago.

Anyway, it's about 40cm tall I think and looks nice.

TFL!

image.jpg

Headed out to the Bradman Museum & International Cricket HOF (which it is now called) as since I went there last it has had a huge huge renovation. Received a $6.5m grant in 2008 and wow what a difference. Really enjoyed it.

Didn't take many photos and only bought a souvenir coin but there's certainly a boat load of merchandise to chose from and you could easily spend the whole day walking through but we did it in around 2hrs.

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Looks very different to the last time I saw it. I guess $6.5m is likely to have that effect :)

Night and day mate yeah, new little 200 seat movie theatre with a short movie on World Series Cricket/Kerry Packer and that room with the huge screens above obviously has plenty of room to put more stuff in. Loved looking around there.

Many years ago I had a look at the Bradman interactive exhibition at the State Library here in SA, which was amazing......can only imagine what the Bowral one looks like!!

In the days of uncovered wickets and no helmets it really is ridiculous how high Sir Don's batting average was!!

Many years ago I had a look at the Bradman interactive exhibition at the State Library here in SA, which was amazing......can only imagine what the Bowral one looks like!!

In the days of uncovered wickets and no helmets it really is ridiculous how high Sir Don's batting average was!!

For sure mate! Great little short movie in another little room on the Bodyline series in the early 30's on Larwood etc too. Really interesting.

Back
Top Bottom