UFC MMA Discussion (spoilers)

The new norm for the UFC.

Slowly becoming everything Dana White bemoaned about boxing.

Fights not getting made. Cards relying on main-event attractions, falling apart when someone gets injured.

Spreading themselves too thin with a shallow talent pool.

Some new 2015 Topps Ko are showing up on the Bay and other sites...What does everyone think? There are a few new designs that i really like and it looks to be a very tight product in comparison to previous KO releases. Just looks more refined and some NBA influence is noticeable....that's a good thing i think. :)

Checklist sucks

Half the Strawweight cast is missing (including Chambers :mad:) and those that are included are base only (except Herrig and Esparza)
No Kawajiri
No Mark Hunt
Overeem base only

And this is just from my interests, scanning the checklist its the same f--ken names again and again.

It's riddled with stickers, and there are fighters with base autos that are either on card or sticker.

Topps setting the bar really low once again.

I watched a few breaks online.
Talk about a sticker fest!

At least in some past releases the base autos were on card. (Still waiting on my Lesnar. TOPPS! :mad:)

As for the design. Not bad what I've seen so far.

Hopefully price drops to the $140 US mark quickly and I'll think about it.

I agree about the sticker autos! They have taken over...I think its just too easy for Topps to send a fighter hundreds of stickers and get them to sign away. But... on the other hand it makes for cleaner cards to be graded etc because im sure most of them don't give a s***t about corners and surface quality like card collectors do.;) I have seen many cards (as i'm sure you all have) that have done the distance from the printing plant to the fighter and then put into a packet and served to us collectors as apparently a "A" grade product worth big dollaro's! Topps have a certain duty of care as far as i am concerned to release and package a product that is true to their commitments and quality..not bullsh**t redemption's that they have no intention of fulfilling and were never even made or a dinged up card .
Sorry to ramble but...
I do like the new release and design of KO but the prices and amount of hits are getting up there with some high class basketball and baseball products... I simply don't compare Rousey to Jordan as a sports fan and card collector for around ten years and that's what Topps are doing . Getting UFC fans to pay major money for a product that falls short in terms of box/case price VS other so called high end sport products.
Throw us a Fricken Bone !:mad:

He's handed himself in after a warrant was issued for his arrest, its expected he'll be charged.

tl;dr

- Jones ran a read light, and crashed into the driver side of another car
- Car was being driven by a pregnant women, she has suffered a broken arm (which raised the charge to a felony)
- Jones grabbed a bunch of cash and fled on foot (multiple witness accounts)
- Police search of the car found a marijuana pipe with marijuana in it, and paperwork indicating the car was rented by Jon Jones

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/4/2...dly-grabbed-large-handful-cash-crash-mma-news

The thing that I find curious about it all is about a month ago Chael Sonnen had a Q&A on reddit and when asked who he thought would win between Jones and Rumble he was adamant that the fight would'nt happen. Coincidence I think not! Haha.

bBXmOaf.jpg

Jones Stripped of Title! Suspended indefinitely.

Daniel Cormier (15-1) and Anthony "Rumble" Johnson (19-4) scheduled to fight for the 205 pound (92kg) crown in the main event of UFC 187 on May 24 (AEST).

Go DC!

Yeah was not expecting that, thought they'd at least wait for his day in court.

But its win-win for the UFC.

LWH will now be reinvigorated, either by a new champion, or a hot potato title

Then they'll make bank on Jones' comeback fight.

Glad to see the ufc sticking to treating all fighters the same, was waiting for the ufc to come out with the "he's a good guy" speach and try to bury the story, to run into a pregnate women's car is bad, but to run away and leave her at the crash is a pure scum act. If this don't make him turn his life around then nothing will.

Back
Top Bottom