End of Season Award Predictions

wjrwebber

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Will
eBay User
wjrwebber
Coming down the home stretch of the regular season, lets see who can predict the awards coming up.

MVP- Steph Curry
MIP- Jimmy Butler
ROY- Andrew Wiggins
6th Man- Isiah Thomas
DPOY- DeAndre Jordan

All NBA
1st- Curry, Westbrook, James, Davis, Cousins
2nd- Paul, Harden, Griffin, Aldridge, P. Gasol
3rd- Irving, Thompson, Butler, Millsap, M. Gasol

All Rookie
Peyton, Smart,Wiggins, Parker, Noel

Defensive
Westbrook, Allen, Leonard, Davis, Jordan

I have my money on the two horse race for MVP on Steph and Harden. I don't think LeBron and Westbrook will threaten to win it, but they definitely will get some first place votes. I think Harden is finishing the season too poorly to eek out the MVP on Steph. If he finished strong with some unbelievable games, then it will likely be his because the narrative is so much more in his favor with DH missing out on so many games. Unfortunately, the Rockets are threatening to fall to 5-6th seed in an ultra competitive Western Conference right now.

MVP: I'm with exzibit3 on the MVP discussion. Although I think Steph is probably the better player out of the 2, Harden should win because:
1. Rockets wouldn't even be in the playoff discussion without him, more like the lottery, and
2. As good as Steph is, GSW struggle more when Bogut's out
MIP: Can't argue with Jimmy Butler although if Hassan played more games it would be interesting
ROY: Has to be Wiggins, he's been the most consistent although this 'outstanding' rookie year has been a flop
6th Man: Lou Williams, Jamal has been injured too long and Isaiah plays for a rubbish team
DPOY: May be (a little) biased here but Deandre, the man is a machine!

MVP- Steph Curry - Best player on the best team. Harden deserves it more, but Steph has been cruising.
MIP- Jimmy Butler - Moved from a starter to almost Superstar level.
ROY- Nerlens Noel - Tough call, but the guy is filling up the stat sheet, not just points. But Wiggins will probably get it.
6th Man- D. Schroeder - A Hawk has to be in here somewhere.
DPOY- Andrew Bogut - Makes a huge difference to this team.
COTY - Steve Kerr - First year coach that's gonna win 65 +, Wow.

I'm not gonna bother with the All NBA team, but I know Tim Duncan is a great chance to be in the first team again, he's put together another great season.

Westbrook has been stuffing up the stat sheet in the last month like a boss, but Thunder are still too far down the ladder for him to be seriously considered MVP in the historical trend of voting. It is tight between Harden and Steph. Rockets have clawed back to sit on 2nd place right now but they need to keep this pace up and it'll be challenging with injuries to Beverley, Montejunas and Jones and Howard still on a 20 minute limit. Warriors on the other hand have clinched first seed, so they may start limiting players minutes especially Steph and Bogus so Steph's season may have already more or less wrapped up. It's make or break time for Harden..final 9 games will make his case for MVP or flush down his efforts for the entire season.

Roy is interesting, pretty much everyone saying Wiggins.

Wiggins stats

PTS REB AST PIE
16.2 4.4 1.9 7.6%

Noel
PTS REB AST PIE
10 8.2 1.7 10.8%

and a sleeper that would have looked alot better had he been getting the minutes of Wiggins or Noel from the get go

Clarkson
PTS REB AST PIE
10.7 3 3 10.3%

he has really come on strong in the last couple of weeks averaging

PTS REB AST
21.6 5.1 6

But for my choices

MVP- Steph Curry
MIP- Jimmy Butler
ROY- Noel
DPOY- Davis

All NBA
1st- Curry, Westbrook, James, Davis, Cousins
2nd- Paul, Harden, Butler, Aldridge, P. Gasol

All Rookie
Peyton, Smart,Clarkson, Wiggins, Noel

Defensive
Westbrook, Allen, Leonard, Davis, Jordan

mvp voting is fickle and tends to go on "who is trendy"....steph or harden will get it, probably steph because GS are a trendy fun team to watch and have won a shit load of games...westbrook a very dark dark horse, probably hasn't played enough games though and the team is struggling for the 8th playoff spot, but credit to him Durant misses half a season , so many other players with injuries and the team started shit because both Russell and Durant missed the start f the season...but people don't forget someone called Lebron, yeah he has missed some games, figures might not be as good as they have been, but he is still the best player in the competition and has lifted Cleveland to how many extra wins and they will probably be in the finals and maybe win them, so why isn't he the mvp?? because he has won it before and its "cool" to give it to someone like curry...just like giving it to Karl Malone at times because MJ was winning it too much...so Lebron you should be MVP again

mvp voting is fickle and tends to go on "who is trendy"....steph or harden will get it, probably steph because GS are a trendy fun team to watch and have won a s*** load of games...westbrook a very dark dark horse, probably hasn't played enough games though and the team is struggling for the 8th playoff spot, but credit to him Durant misses half a season , so many other players with injuries and the team started s*** because both Russell and Durant missed the start f the season...but people don't forget someone called Lebron, yeah he has missed some games, figures might not be as good as they have been, but he is still the best player in the competition and has lifted Cleveland to how many extra wins and they will probably be in the finals and maybe win them, so why isn't he the mvp?? because he has won it before and its "cool" to give it to someone like curry...just like giving it to Karl Malone at times because MJ was winning it too much...so Lebron you should be MVP again
biggest thing with that is Harden has played without Howard most of the season so if its not for him Houston sinks, same could be said with Westbrook holding OKC up without Durant. Lebron has had atleast 1-2 all star beside him pretty much all season. Everyone knows i'm a 1 eyed Lakers fan so it pains me to say anyone should win it besides Kobe (so lets not name 1 this year haha) but even though they arent were u expect them to be personally i'd give it to Westbrook, playing a biiig chunk without Durant and Ibaka. Without Westbrook playing the way he has OKC would be a lottery team for sure.

In saying all that, i think Harden has done more for Houston than Curry has for GS but i think Curry will get it simple because of GS record. I think Harden, Curry and Westbrook are really all deserving winners tho.

Back
Top Bottom