UFC MMA Discussion (spoilers)

rCxEo.gif

Ufc 185..what a card! Big Pettis fan, bring on another highlight reel KO....not sure he will easily walk over Dos Nachos:lol: though. Hendricks looks amazing, One . Fit . Mofo!

Won some lunch money on those title fights :thumbsup:

Good to see Overeem get a solid win against an opponent that many thought would have his number. He might be fighting like a Jackson's fighter, but there was no doubt in that one.

Outstanding victory by RDA, absolutely demolished Pettis. I like Pettis but I really couldnt understand all the hype and comparing him to Anderson when he'd only defended the belt once.
Reem looked good against a guy with minimal movement, really was hoping Roy put him out at the end. Hope they match him up with Junior next so I can finally see him take his head off.
Also really liked the look of Hendricks even though he does some really strange things sometime!
Overall really enjoyed todays card!

Gutted with the pettis result. he was dominated in every facet of the fight too.
Joanna looked absolutely ruthless. her striking is next level. got the winner there.
Hendricks looked good but i cant stand the bloke. i hope lawler beats mcdonald and then beats hendricks again

So Weidman, Mir and Werdum were over in Chechnya as guests of honour of Ramzan Kadyrov, Head of the Chechen Republic.

Except of course Kadyrov has a laundry list of human rights abuse allegations lodged against him. He was Chechen rebel that lead his own private militia called the "Kadyrovtsy", who have been accused of rapes, torture, kidnapping and assassinations. He was even seen in one of their own beheading videos. He is a Putin lackey, strongly supportive of the Russian incursion in Crimea, and many of those that speak out against him end up dead.

That's right...

gjcGsOI.jpg

Chris The All-American Weidman

This is essentially like Rodman going to North Korea to hang with Kim Jong-un.

And fun fact: Kadyrov loves horses. He owns Mourilyan, which raced in the 2009 Melbourne cup. Bob Brown remarked that if it had won the cup it "would be the lowest point in Australia’s sporting history". His other horses have run into problems in Germany (where their winnings were frozen, a situation which Kadyrov called “a disgraceful page in Germany’s history”...:rolleyes:) and more pertinently the US where the State Department was contacting the New York and Kentucky racing commissions to "make it fully aware of the longstanding allegations that have been made against Kadyrov". The Kentucky commission ordered Kadyrov to appear before a hearing which of course he never showed, and his horses were scratched.

As a passionate F1 fan, this is a problematic situation I've seen all too many times before; are sport and politics mutually exclusive?

Ultimately I don't agree. Its events like an F1 race (or the 2022 FIFA World Cup) where dictators and warlords try to raise their international profile, deflecting attention away from their atrocities.

Be interesting if Dana White gets a call from the State Department too.

Anyone gonna bust some Topps Ko 2015 ? Nice looking product...pity about the Aussie dollar though atm :(

Haven't seen much of it except for a pic Felice Herrig posted yesterday of her signing 500 cards.

Just hope they've changed it up a bit, getting a bit repetitive.

That and there's always that problem of busting a box and getting hits featuring average fighters no one collects.

Also hope they've got more international fighters on board. Kawajiri had a sig redemption in Champions that I've yet to see fulfilled, then in Bloodlines all he hard was a base card and parallels.

Al iaquinta's post fight interview!

"Hey fuck you"

Chad Mendes did it far too easy this morning after a slow start

pretty huge card this weekend, anyone watching?

love machida but can see rockhold getting the job done.
Swanson should win easy, same with Jacre... herrig and vanzant well that could go either way,

pretty huge card this weekend, anyone watching?

love machida but can see rockhold getting the job done.
Swanson should win easy, same with Jacre... herrig and vanzant well that could go either way,

Awesome card. Bit bummed that Romero is out but still pretty huge. Main event will be close and I can't pick it. Disagree on Swanson. I think Holloway has the tools to take him out

Awesome card. Bit bummed that Romero is out but still pretty huge. Main event will be close and I can't pick it. Disagree on Swanson. I think Holloway has the tools to take him out

weren't wrong on holloway, he killed it. in and out and shots were on the money. swanson couldnt handle it.

Rockhold looked way too good and the vanzant vs herrig fight was surprisingly good too. vanzant looked alot better than i had given her credit for.

I've been impressed with Rockhold since the Boetsch fight, mighty talented and enjoy watching him fight but not the biggest fan of his personality.
I know he said he wants to fight Weidman at MSG but I have a feeling it will headline the Melbourne card.

I've been impressed with Rockhold since the Boetsch fight, mighty talented and enjoy watching him fight but not the biggest fan of his personality.
I know he said he wants to fight Weidman at MSG but I have a feeling it will headline the Melbourne card.

yeah if weidman retains i agree

Back
Top Bottom