Little bit of Magic in the air

Aronzo33

Miami Heat Fan. Zo and Birdman
Real Name
Aaron
COMC User
MiamiHeatFanatic
Added a few new old skool Magic over the past 3 months. But first here's my fave Magic Johnson I bought last year out of the collection.

20/50
Magic Johnson_0.jpg

And here are the new additions. Thanks to a few OZCT members for the first two:

Love the action shot
Magic Johnson_4.JPG

Been wanting to add this to the collection for years, finally :D
Magic Johnson_2.JPG

Love the Ring Bearers design, would have been perfect if the autos were on card

22/25
Magic Johnson_3.JPG

Finishing off the mailday with a sweet GU Magic 1/5 tag:

Magic Johnson_1.JPG

As always thanks for looking! :)

Immaculate is insane !! Nice grade on the Authentic Fabrics.

I nabbed the tag for a reasonable price actually, got lucky on that one I think. Authentic Fabrics was the first design I ever loved when it first came out :)

Love the design on that first SP card and that tag is sweet!

Thanks mate! Love them both too :hearts:

Wow! Never seen a Magic tag before! Finest Moments card is insane - the iconic skyhook during the finals against the Celtics in the finals?

Wow! Never seen a Magic tag before! Finest Moments card is insane - the iconic skyhook during the finals against the Celtics in the finals?

Sure is, so the card says it was during the 1987 NBA Finals against the Celtics who were up 106-105 with a few seconds left in the game. Magic received the inbound pass, went into the key with the skyhook pictured and won the game. Lakers took the series in 6 :)

Your mailday is MAGIC love the SP authentic and the Immaculate is AMAZING !!!! :hearts::hearts:

Thanks JP. So I noticed the tag had '96' and did a quick google, the tag would have come from his final season in 1996, which was dubbed his 'comeback' out of retirement. He was 36 at the time, averaged 14.6pts, 6.9asts, 5.7rbs as a PF. Apparently he wasn't happy with his role as PF and wanted to play PG, Lakers were 53-29 that season but lost to the Rockets in the first round. So it's pretty cool to know that the tag came from his very last season as a Laker :)

All amazing additions. The tag is a huge card.

Cheers Benn!

Wow they are really nice! Certainly a fan of the finest moments!

One of my all time favourite on card auto sets. I happen to have the Shaq and Duncan too :D

DSC02936.JPG

DSC02935.JPG

I'm with you mate, big fan of the ring bearer cards but your on the money with the on card auto! Such a shame...
Really like the 1/5 Tag patch as well, nicely done :thumbsup:

There are some sets which under no circumstances, have a sticker auto period and Ring Bearers is one of them. Each card is low numbered, Championship themed, bling design, even if it would take Panini a little longer to get on card autos or ensure that the player lineup they could secure on card autos. Great set spoiled by the sticker :mad:

Actually I collect all the superstars past and present, if any happen to come up that I love and have the extra cash I'll grab. Just so happens I've been on a bit of a Magic spree :D Btw your mailday, damn so so goooooood :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom