Shill bidder?

Places the opening bid(s) to their own item as well as bumping.......dodgy!

On a side note what is it with Thaidays Laser Gun ?

Thaiday.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to know ...

Steveb013 is the sellers name.

Here's an obvious shiller

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/broncos-jersey-/141594866628?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item20f7b633c4

The other item they bid on was a baby stroller, just happens to be listed by the seller of the jersey as well. Coincidence not!

Found these items too. I contacted the other bidder to let him know this seller is shill bidding.
http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=141591854214&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565
http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=131444149237&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565
I know this seller is a member on here. Is it best to name and shame?

How can you contact the other bidder aren't details private?

Ross

Last edited:
It would be good to be able to send a message to bidders on items like these to warn them, you wouldn't have to know who they are just be able to send a message.

1. It was NOT shill bidding.
2. This matter was resolved days ago
3. 3bet was contacted as soon as I knew this was going on
4. The cards in question were immediately taken down once I knew what was going on
5. I've asked hobo nicely to remove my username from this thread to which he maturely
decided to make it bold.
6. The eBay 'Shiller' account has been banned, removed or shut down.

Many thanks to those who so quickly jumped to the conclusion I was at fault when it was completely incorrect.

I think this is a great site, but don't like the fact I'm accused and named of something I had no part of.

1. It was NOT shill bidding.
2. This matter was resolved days ago
3. 3bet was contacted as soon as I knew this was going on
4. The cards in question were immediately taken down once I knew what was going on
5. I've asked hobo nicely to remove my username from this thread to which he maturely
decided to make it bold.
6. The eBay 'Shiller' account has been banned, removed or shut down.

Many thanks to those who so quickly jumped to the conclusion I was at fault when it was completely incorrect.

I think this is a great site, but don't like the fact I'm accused and named of something I had no part of.

Hi Steve,

Nicely = sue me for defamation. :thumbsup:

As I nicely replied to your PM I will happily remove your name from this thread if you can explain how a single account placed 55 non winning bids on 29 of your different auctions should not be considered shill bidding. It was even more bids on more items but you ended a couple of auctions early when 3Bet worked out he was being shilled.

Just in case you still don't get it here is E bay's definition of shill bidding:

"What is shill bidding?"
Shill bidding means bidding for an item while holding more information about it than other members could – for example, if you're a family member, roommate or the seller's employee.

We don't allow shill bidding because it can falsely increase an item's price or desirability. Make sure your listing follows our guidelines. If it doesn't, it may be removed, and your buying and selling privileges could be restricted.

Do you still maintain those 29 sales of yours at an inflated price due to somebody you know bidding isn't shill bidding?

Please give me a break

Regards
Ross

Back
Top Bottom