COMC Mailbox Thread

The BGS service is a bi-monthly thing, meaning it takes 2 months (on average) to get the cards back. These 3 should be back in the next week or so.

Thanks Moe. Looking forward to receiving them back. Funny the other ones I did came back a few weeks quicker then 2 months must of been lucky at the time.

Hi @Moe@COMC could you please check on a shipment for me i have received the one i organised after it today but i had organised the other one several days earlier
shipping info is Shipment #6774288

also could you please check on a grading submission it should have been back by now Item: 16617951

Kind Regards

Andrew

Hi @Moe@COMC could you please check on a shipment for me i have received the one i organised after it today but i had organised the other one several days earlier
shipping info is Shipment #6774288

also could you please check on a grading submission it should have been back by now Item: 16617951

Kind Regards

Andrew

That order shipped on January 13th, but we don't have any tracking information on it - sorry.

And, that card was shipped to BGS on December 15th, so it should be back by February 15th, as the BGS service has a bi-monthly timeframe.

Hi moe just wondering if u could help me out i had a big package sent out on 7th jan 6608056 and still no sign of it....but the one that was posted after it a week later 6928354 has come today. Just getting a bit worried thats all.

Hi moe just wondering if u could help me out i had a big package sent out on 7th jan 6608056 and still no sign of it....but the one that was posted after it a week later 6928354 has come today. Just getting a bit worried thats all.

Sorry, I don't have any information. There's no tracking, as it was shipped via Standard shipping. Some shipments can take longer than others...

same @xavierty i received the one i posted a week later and still waiting on the other one, getting worried as well

also @Moe@COMC i sent a registered package to you guys, austpost are saying it was attempted delivery on friday 30th jan but know one there and then again today ?

@Moe@COMC Hi Moe, I am kinda tired of getting damaged cards sent to me. Don't you guys check? This one is bent in half! It's not just a soft corner. My second card received damaged, this is getting pathetic. Whoever is doing it needs their eyes checked.

EDIT: i Have found another card that came in the same order as the damaged one with a crease in the exact same spot, from a different seller. Obviously this was damaged by comc.

Last edited:
@Moe@COMC Hi Moe, I am kinda tired of getting damaged cards sent to me. Don't you guys check? This one is bent in half! It's not just a soft corner. My second card received damaged, this is getting pathetic. Whoever is doing it needs their eyes checked.

EDIT: i Have found another card that came in the same order as the damaged one with a crease in the exact same spot, from a different seller. Obviously this was damaged by comc.

Hi, just to clarify...are these cards that you're ordering from us and are arriving damaged? As far as I know, we don't ship out damaged cards.

Hi, just to clarify...are these cards that you're ordering from us and are arriving damaged? As far as I know, we don't ship out damaged cards.

They were fine in the photos taken by yourselves. 2 different cards from 2 different sellers damaged the same way in the same place.... You do the math.

They were fine in the photos taken by yourselves. 2 different cards from 2 different sellers damaged the same way in the same place.... You do the math.

If they were damaged in the same place, then there's a chance that the damage happened in transit. If the cards were damaged here, we'd have contacted you before shipping them.

If they were damaged in the same place, then there's a chance that the damage happened in transit. If the cards were damaged here, we'd have contacted you before shipping them.

Damaged in transit? So 54 other cards in a box size of a shoe box packed with bubble wrap didn't get damaged, but the postal service manged to get in between those cards and target only those 2? Sounds like excuses to me.

Damaged in transit? So 54 other cards in a box size of a shoe box packed with bubble wrap didn't get damaged, but the postal service manged to get in between those cards and target only those 2? Sounds like excuses to me.

I'm just offering possibilities here - just send me an email ([email protected]) with the details and let me see what I can do to make this right for you.

Hmm, anyone else just get the email about the new and "improved" mailbox service?
Now a minimum of $2 per processing of one card. 100% increase!

Hello,

You're receiving this email because you are a current or past user of the COMC Mailbox service. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support and patronage during the past many months.

The COMC Mailboxes have grown into one of our most popular services. Card collecting is truly an international hobby, and we're proud to be able to play our part in facilitating the needs and wants of collectors worldwide.

OzykPvTriniMP3g1HDfPPQPEGQ9s7twBoPQkkssau4n25QAutlqizMwm1YdQ1aT2DkYKBjgdCKOYr8dV2VFuN4wuZjwNf__xy4tXYc7fQDA6jw=s0-d-e1-ft

(We're gonna need a bigger Mailbox)

However, as the Mailbox has become more popular, it's grown in ways we hadn't anticipated and, quite frankly, is becoming less and less cost effective. Even though we're constantly trying to make our internal process more efficient, some changes to the current service and re-establishing ground rules are necessary in order for COMC to continue with this program. We have researched the trends of how the service has been used since it's inception and balancing this with the needs of the customer (as collectors) and our requirements (as a business), we have come up with the program updates outlined in this email.

While we won't give you much info about what goes on "behind the curtain", there are several issues specific to Mailbox submissions that make processing them much more labor intensive and costly than regular submissions. Imagine the difference in time and manpower between opening one box with 400 cards inside and opening 400 small padded mailers with 1 card inside. Imagine processing hundreds of base cards through our Mailbox - Premium service only to have to refund every cent being paid after they're donated to Charity. Imagine having 3 days to processes hundreds of cards only to have the mail show up at the very end of the day 1, effectively reducing our available processing time to 2 days.

Rest assured, we want you to know we're not shutting down the Mailbox, nor are we telling you to send in less cards...We want to introduce the new Mailbox service and re-establish some of the Mailbox ground rules, as well as clarify some points that have gotten muddled.

First and foremost: we'd like to remind all Mailbox users to check the COMC.com site before you buy elsewhere. Remember, if you buy on COMC, you don't have to pay a third party to ship your purchase to us. The card is already here, saving you money and reducing risk.

WZeNfwW0CZQGrxCmTzi5Gl2Tzj2AoSBK6IpsByW5I7R_7z2Lmq-AxJqDEJgR05K7PAwptlt9saQcdwJhvSX5OW8qNgdDyDzEvvIXJaYoSl2BUQkq5adQS_UbEJkUdCuqFnzTyg=s0-d-e1-ft

(The Mailbox puppy says to take a breath, there's more!)

Now, on to our updated Mailbox service: Effective March 7th, 2015

1. Cards will be added to your account within TWO (2) Weeks.
  2. $0.50 per card with a $2.00 minimum charge per package. This applies to standard-sized raw cards.
  3. $1.00 per graded, encased, oversized, booklets, coins, bottle caps, poker chips, One Touched and/or Screwed Down cards with the same $2.00 minimum charge per package.
  4. We CANNOT accept Panini Points cards.
Very Important Mailbox Ground Rules

PLEASE NOTE - the Mailbox service is for trading card singles only, NOT unopened packs and/or boxes, or anything else. We've had some odd stuff show up in the COMC Mailbox, including makeup kits, fan blade assembly kits, gymnastic floor mats, magic wands, beer koozies, etc. We want to remind and encourage you to double check your shipping address when placing online orders to prevent us from receiving something you wanted shipped home. Because of the extra time needed to deal with these odd arrivals, we are instituting a $10 handling fee (plus additional postage) for anything we receive that is outside the accepted Mailbox items. With that, we'll remind you of the Mailbox address:

COMC Mailboxes

Attn: (your COMC username)

6727 185th Ave NE

Redmond, WA 98052

For any new users, please consider creating a COMC username that is short enough to fit on a shipping label. While "RussellWilsonIsTotallyAwesomeDude" is a statement that rings true (Go Seahawks!) it's a bad COMC username. Keep it short, keep it clean, and keep it easy enough for shippers and sellers to reproduce on a mailing label.

And, you may want to check on the site to see if any other sellers have a name similar to one you're considering. Similar names can be confusing to 3rd party sellers.

Mistakes are made

Even if you have a simple name, sometimes mistakes are made. A card will arrive at COMC, but the username on the label will be incorrect...or just missing. We have a special place where we keep Mailbox submissions we can't deposit, and we'll hold them for as long as 6 months. If you had something shipped to your Mailbox and it hasn't arrived, please call or email Customer Service to inquire about it. Include the tracking information and approximate arrival date, to help us find your package.

Sometimes, a shipper puts the wrong name (that's still a valid COMC username) on a Mailbox submission, and that card ends up getting deposited into the wrong account. If you ever see a card that isn't yours show up in your port, please contact us right away. Please do not price it for sale and do not ship it out to yourself...that's just not cool.

Toploaders and "One-Touches"

Since these generate a lot of discussion, we'll give them their own section.

We get lots of cards in holders, of one type or another. If the card holder (be it a toploader, one-touch, etc.) is pristine and clear and the Mailbox team is confident that scanning the card within the holder will produce a high quality scan, then the card will stay within the holder.

If there is any kind of blemish or imperfection on the holder - be it tape, writing, scratches, foggy, dirty, or sticky, have price stickers, or any other kind of substance and/or flaw/imperfection - the card will be (carefully) removed, the old holder will be discarded and the card will continue being processed.

OUR most important consideration is the quality of the scan. If we feel the image, front or back, will be compromised, we reserve the right to reject the card holder.

Other Mailbox Issues

• Sometimes a padded envelope with a shipping label addressed to a COMC Mailbox arrives empty. All we can do take a picture, alert the COMC user, and have them contact the seller.
  • If a Mailbox item arrives and it's the "wrong item", the Mailbox user must contact the seller - we can't act as a middleman. We can only send the card back to the seller, at the Mailbox user's expense, and they must deal with the seller themselves.
  • If a Mailbox package arrives "postage due", we will deduct the amount from the Mailbox user's account- the Mailbox user would need to seek reimbursement from the seller who sent the package.
The Mailbox is very popular, thanks to you and we want to keep providing this service to all our users.

COMC Mailbox FAQ

Hmm, anyone else just get the email about the new and "improved" mailbox service?
Now a minimum of $2 per processing of one card. 100% increase!

Hello,

You're receiving this email because you are a current or past user of the COMC Mailbox service. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support and patronage during the past many months.

The COMC Mailboxes have grown into one of our most popular services. Card collecting is truly an international hobby, and we're proud to be able to play our part in facilitating the needs and wants of collectors worldwide.

OzykPvTriniMP3g1HDfPPQPEGQ9s7twBoPQkkssau4n25QAutlqizMwm1YdQ1aT2DkYKBjgdCKOYr8dV2VFuN4wuZjwNf__xy4tXYc7fQDA6jw=s0-d-e1-ft

(We're gonna need a bigger Mailbox)

However, as the Mailbox has become more popular, it's grown in ways we hadn't anticipated and, quite frankly, is becoming less and less cost effective. Even though we're constantly trying to make our internal process more efficient, some changes to the current service and re-establishing ground rules are necessary in order for COMC to continue with this program. We have researched the trends of how the service has been used since it's inception and balancing this with the needs of the customer (as collectors) and our requirements (as a business), we have come up with the program updates outlined in this email.

While we won't give you much info about what goes on "behind the curtain", there are several issues specific to Mailbox submissions that make processing them much more labor intensive and costly than regular submissions. Imagine the difference in time and manpower between opening one box with 400 cards inside and opening 400 small padded mailers with 1 card inside. Imagine processing hundreds of base cards through our Mailbox - Premium service only to have to refund every cent being paid after they're donated to Charity. Imagine having 3 days to processes hundreds of cards only to have the mail show up at the very end of the day 1, effectively reducing our available processing time to 2 days.

Rest assured, we want you to know we're not shutting down the Mailbox, nor are we telling you to send in less cards...We want to introduce the new Mailbox service and re-establish some of the Mailbox ground rules, as well as clarify some points that have gotten muddled.

First and foremost: we'd like to remind all Mailbox users to check the COMC.com site before you buy elsewhere. Remember, if you buy on COMC, you don't have to pay a third party to ship your purchase to us. The card is already here, saving you money and reducing risk.

WZeNfwW0CZQGrxCmTzi5Gl2Tzj2AoSBK6IpsByW5I7R_7z2Lmq-AxJqDEJgR05K7PAwptlt9saQcdwJhvSX5OW8qNgdDyDzEvvIXJaYoSl2BUQkq5adQS_UbEJkUdCuqFnzTyg=s0-d-e1-ft

(The Mailbox puppy says to take a breath, there's more!)

Now, on to our updated Mailbox service: Effective March 7th, 2015

1. Cards will be added to your account within TWO (2) Weeks.
  2. $0.50 per card with a $2.00 minimum charge per package. This applies to standard-sized raw cards.
  3. $1.00 per graded, encased, oversized, booklets, coins, bottle caps, poker chips, One Touched and/or Screwed Down cards with the same $2.00 minimum charge per package.
  4. We CANNOT accept Panini Points cards.
Very Important Mailbox Ground Rules

PLEASE NOTE - the Mailbox service is for trading card singles only, NOT unopened packs and/or boxes, or anything else. We've had some odd stuff show up in the COMC Mailbox, including makeup kits, fan blade assembly kits, gymnastic floor mats, magic wands, beer koozies, etc. We want to remind and encourage you to double check your shipping address when placing online orders to prevent us from receiving something you wanted shipped home. Because of the extra time needed to deal with these odd arrivals, we are instituting a $10 handling fee (plus additional postage) for anything we receive that is outside the accepted Mailbox items. With that, we'll remind you of the Mailbox address:

COMC Mailboxes

Attn: (your COMC username)

6727 185th Ave NE

Redmond, WA 98052

For any new users, please consider creating a COMC username that is short enough to fit on a shipping label. While "RussellWilsonIsTotallyAwesomeDude" is a statement that rings true (Go Seahawks!) it's a bad COMC username. Keep it short, keep it clean, and keep it easy enough for shippers and sellers to reproduce on a mailing label.

And, you may want to check on the site to see if any other sellers have a name similar to one you're considering. Similar names can be confusing to 3rd party sellers.

Mistakes are made

Even if you have a simple name, sometimes mistakes are made. A card will arrive at COMC, but the username on the label will be incorrect...or just missing. We have a special place where we keep Mailbox submissions we can't deposit, and we'll hold them for as long as 6 months. If you had something shipped to your Mailbox and it hasn't arrived, please call or email Customer Service to inquire about it. Include the tracking information and approximate arrival date, to help us find your package.

Sometimes, a shipper puts the wrong name (that's still a valid COMC username) on a Mailbox submission, and that card ends up getting deposited into the wrong account. If you ever see a card that isn't yours show up in your port, please contact us right away. Please do not price it for sale and do not ship it out to yourself...that's just not cool.

Toploaders and "One-Touches"

Since these generate a lot of discussion, we'll give them their own section.

We get lots of cards in holders, of one type or another. If the card holder (be it a toploader, one-touch, etc.) is pristine and clear and the Mailbox team is confident that scanning the card within the holder will produce a high quality scan, then the card will stay within the holder.

If there is any kind of blemish or imperfection on the holder - be it tape, writing, scratches, foggy, dirty, or sticky, have price stickers, or any other kind of substance and/or flaw/imperfection - the card will be (carefully) removed, the old holder will be discarded and the card will continue being processed.

OUR most important consideration is the quality of the scan. If we feel the image, front or back, will be compromised, we reserve the right to reject the card holder.

Other Mailbox Issues

• Sometimes a padded envelope with a shipping label addressed to a COMC Mailbox arrives empty. All we can do take a picture, alert the COMC user, and have them contact the seller.
  • If a Mailbox item arrives and it's the "wrong item", the Mailbox user must contact the seller - we can't act as a middleman. We can only send the card back to the seller, at the Mailbox user's expense, and they must deal with the seller themselves.
  • If a Mailbox package arrives "postage due", we will deduct the amount from the Mailbox user's account- the Mailbox user would need to seek reimbursement from the seller who sent the package.
The Mailbox is very popular, thanks to you and we want to keep providing this service to all our users.

COMC Mailbox FAQ
what! thats insane 2 bucks per card.......never got this email, thanks for this if my last package ever get here i will be finishing up with service. just a bit must doubling charges.thanks for posting this

Back
Top Bottom