Wrestling Royal Rumble

Jaames

Seahawks/Knicks/Liverpool
Real Name
Jaames
Anyone else watch it today?

I'm sure the WWE is doing it's very best to try and lose my as a fan. Horrible result today.

God...

where do I even start.

Or just block everything out except for this match

tumblr_nirk3zQNbv1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

I'm a lifelong fan but as Lazlow said everything apart from triple threat title match was boring and predictable(as most wwe programming these days)...bar maybe Buh-Buh Ray Dudley coming back maybe, but doubt he will get push... was expecting so much more from the rumble itself, but was way to many fill in "superstars", not enough "comebacks" and even the guys they're pushing weren't great. The WWE Title match impressed me alot Cena always shows up, but i see that as Rollins breakout match(not to much help and great showing after being smashed by Lesnar) has had fair few descent matches but without doubt that was his best, Brock himself i think had best match since against Angle at Mania XX
Wtf is happening with Sting??? to much buildup, 8 months or so his been rumoured to have signed, then signed, all for a total of about 10 mins screen time, Sting vs HHH at Mania needs more builup imo.

The booing that continued through the Rumble match after Daniel Bryan's elimination should push the message home to Vince and staff, but that's assuming they actually give a sh*t.
I'm not a huge fan of Daniel Bryan (not really sure why he's so popular although I don't mind that he is) but he is the most "over with the fans" wrestler since Stone Cold.
These guys (Vince & Co) are always jabbering on about the WWE Universe and how it's all about the fans. Then they come up with all kinds of rubbish story-lines and tired, hackneyed finishes and expect fans to buy it. :confused:

I'm not a fan of Bryan, to be honest I can't stand him anymore but it would be good to see the WWE push a popular guy for once.

Does Roman Reigns have fans? The guy can't wrestle and is horrible on the mic.

I'm not a fan of Bryan, to be honest I can't stand him anymore but it would be good to see the WWE push a popular guy for once.

Does Roman Reigns have fans? The guy can't wrestle and is horrible on the mic.

Well he used to have fans I think, maybe not so many now.
I was of the understanding that WWE decided who gets the push on popularity and potential popularity (all about who might sell them more DVD's, T-shirts and action figures). Now it looks like they go against the grain and make those decisions in spite of what the fans want.
Vince knows what Vince wants and he also knows what everyone else should want.

Bryan's over because he is very well rounded and has something that appeals to a broad range of people. Smarks loved him when he was the American Dragon putting on 5 star shows in the indies. Kids love him because he's the goofy good guy with a fun chant. Casuals love him because he's the everyman, the underdog, he's the antithesis of the WWE Superstar, and the more you hold him down the more they love him. And Parents love him because he's wholesome, he's the perfect PG-era face.

He's great in the ring, great on the mic, and has this charisma that sucks you in.

If he were 6'6, 240lbs, Joe Anoa'i would be playing Arena Football.

TBH I wasn't expecting Bryan to win the Rumble. He'd been out for a very long time, and there was little build. The thing that got most irate was him being tossed out of the Rumble like a mid-card jobber.

Unlike last year, it could all be a work. Because even in pissing of the fans, they are still engaging them.

But at the end of the day Vince will push who he wants to push. From Reigns over Bryan to Nikki over Paige.

The booing that continued through the Rumble match after Daniel Bryan's elimination should push the message home to Vince and staff, but that's assuming they actually give a sh*t.

Behind closed doors, maybe. Publicly, they blamed the Philly crowd. Just like they did Pittsburgh when they booed Batista.

it's all about the fans.

Unfortunately, its all about the share price, which despite everything that happened, shot up $2 post Rumble.

Wtf is happening with Sting??? to much buildup, 8 months or so his been rumoured to have signed, then signed, all for a total of about 10 mins screen time, Sting vs HHH at Mania needs more builup imo.

It's in his contract. Sting signed a performer's contract with only 6 appearances between Survivor Series to WM31. Gotta remember Borden's 55 now.

Bryan's over because he is very well rounded and has something that appeals to a broad range of people. Smarks loved him when he was the American Dragon putting on 5 star shows in the indies. Kids love him because he's the goofy good guy with a fun chant. Casuals love him because he's the everyman, the underdog, he's the antithesis of the WWE Superstar, and the more you hold him down the more they love him. And Parents love him because he's wholesome, he's the perfect PG-era face.

He's great in the ring, great on the mic, and has this charisma that sucks you in.

If he were 6'6, 240lbs, Joe Anoa'i would be playing Arena Football.

TBH I wasn't expecting Bryan to win the Rumble. He'd been out for a very long time, and there was little build. The thing that got most irate was him being tossed out of the Rumble like a mid-card jobber.

Unlike last year, it could all be a work. Because even in pissing of the fans, they are still engaging them.

But at the end of the day Vince will push who he wants to push. From Reigns over Bryan to Nikki over Paige.

Behind closed doors, maybe. Publicly, they blamed the Philly crowd. Just like they did Pittsburgh when they booed Batista.

Unfortunately, its all about the share price, which despite everything that happened, shot up $2 post Rumble.

It's in his contract. Sting signed a performer's contract with only 6 appearances between Survivor Series to WM31. Gotta remember Borden's 55 now.

Yeah i know his getting on and his 1st appearance in ring against HHH(Survivor series) left a bit to be desired, was rusty and the 2 of them had never wrestled so to be expected but i thought they mightve used his turning point from wcw abit but maybe in opposite direction going back to original Sting towards end of run maybe, and i know they do but i dont count coming out and pointing at someone an "appearance" not saying should be main event but the fact he refused to go to WWE until now should be a bigger storyline imo, at least talked about and hyped up more. Plus i thought whole point was to have final run before inducting into HOF, as good as he was for NWA/WCW/TNA its the WWE HOF not all WWE fans know of his career.

I always knew Reigns would win rumble but yes i was one of those fans that just started to like him and see potential(not much but a lil) but The Rock coming out playing the family card killed it, was an un-needed push. Im not a huge Bryan fan but at least the guy can actually wrestle and has got better with mic, just needs to find new opponents and storylines somehow, there was no way he was going to win rumble tho.

Just a side note F@&$ i wish they'd just quit with the divas 1 match is bad enough to suffer through let alone 2 these days, only reason they got over in Attitude era was they got their bits out sorry to any younger fans or females reading this but its true, i've fast forwarded every "divas" match since Trish and Lita etc left last of descent female wrestlers

Just a side note F@&$ i wish they'd just quit with the divas 1 match is bad enough to suffer through let alone 2 these days, only reason they got over in Attitude era was they got their bits out sorry to any younger fans or females reading this but its true, i've fast forwarded every "divas" match since Trish and Lita etc left last of descent female wrestlers

Then you're missing out. Paige, Emma, Charlotte, Sasha Banks, Bayley... these girls are miles ahead in terms of ability than any of the attitude era women. Even Nikki and Brie Bella have come along way in the last 12 months.

And I'm not dismissing AJ either. She their top star right now, but her wrestling ability, while competent enough, comes secondary to her look and commitment to the gimmick, which is fantastic.

Lita was adored because she was fearless, bumped like a champion, which made up for her short comings in the ring. Her career was ultimately shortened due to numerous injuries.

WWE will always have their useless eye candy, like Eva Marie or Summer Rae, but the more they push (natural) women that can actually wrestle, the better. Now if only the WWE can give them the respect they deserve and actually write some good creative, and give them some time in the ring. Emma v Paige on Main Event was a shadow of Emma v Paige on NXT Arrival.

Back
Top Bottom