The Australian cricket non-official thread!

upload_2015-1-1_17-42-12.png

Anyone recognise the guy on the left getting his cards signed? The Sig Pig. This guy just doesn't quit, works all year round lol.

Nothing wrong with what he does in my opinion, the guy puts in the hours for his money

Ennis was out at the SCG today with the Australian team. In there with them training and everything.

EDIT : It was the 'real' Michael Ennis though. Nice bloke, now he isn't a bulldog :whistle: LOL

Last edited:
Talking BBL and how successful it has been this season, who thinks that CA will do two things: expand AND attempt to attract more international players to the clubs?

In regards to expansion, I can't see why places like Canberra, NT, Geelong, Newcastle and maybe Nth Qld can't get a team. I also think people need to move away from thinking it has to be populated by Shield players and not be a bit more like American baseball where it's 'come one, come all' and foreign players are sprinkled throughout too. I'd say Canberra with a team based at Manuka would be a winner (tis a pity Thunder got the lime) and I'd love to see a Newcastle Nights team.

Personally, I'd also cast an eye to having maybe an Auckland team in too. Why not? Works for NRL, A League and NBL having a Kiwi team in. As long as it's all (or 9 out of 11) Kiwis in the team(s). Maybe some NZ posters can say whether or not it would be good (I know NZ has their own T20 comp too).

As for the foreign players, it's been great. KP, Kallis, Flintoff, Wessels, Vettori, Arafat, all the Windies chaps out here too. It's good for developing the game here (like we keep hearing about all the Aussies playing IPL and rubbing off on young Indian up and comers). And there are the old bull personalities who can play T20 and it not tax them too much either and still contribute.

Lastly, as a Thunder fan, there is definitely potential there. They will get the crowds. Problem is they need a winning run. 4 wins in 4 seasons is terrible. And since both the Sixers and Thunder are run by NSWCA, I can't see how the Sixers get to stockpile all the NSW Shield talent OR NSW talent goes to other franchises without the Thunder getting them first. We've lost Zampa, Carters amongst others. Actually spoke to Gurinder Sandhu today after the Milo kids session with my son, and he was adamant he was going no where. Phew! Cause I thought once he got given his Aust ODI cap, he'd have been given his baggy blue and New Era pink cap in the same bag. :) Also feel for Phil Nevill who is/was with Renegades but didn't get a single game after they signed Wade and they made him sit on the bench all summer. Seriously…we coulda used that guy at the Thunder.

I know but the way he goes about it is appalling.....handing 50 cards to a player, spitting at the girlfriend of an Australian/NSW rep and pushing kids out of the way to get his signatures......he is pond scum.

If I knew all that I probably wouldn't have posted what I did. He came into my work recently and it's pretty clear that he is a little "slow".

Last edited:
If I knew all that I probably wouldn't have posted what I did. He came into my work recently and it's pretty clear that he is a little "slow".
From the sounds of it, "slow" is generous mate :)

Perhaps he needs David Warner to mete out a bit of the 'ol Joe Root treatment to him!

It's cause of blokes like 'Ennis' that I feel awkward getting sigs done.
It's really interesting that you say that Chris - I have sent successful TTM requests to Kim Hughes, Dermott Brereton (AFL), Layne Beachley, Stephanie Rice, Patrick Rafter and Andrew Gaze over a period of about three years and just looking back on the letters that I sent to them, I included the request that if they were concerned about me profiting from their signatures via eBay, I would be more than happy (bloody thrilled in fact) if they could put "To Matt" on the item to be signed.

A grandstand finish coming up at the WACA (I'm not calling it the bloody "furnace") - my God is that crowd loud or what?'!

To have 52,000-odd at last night's match was fantastic too. Whether you love or loathe the Big Bash and/or T20 cricket in general, anything that attracts women and children to the game is a winner in my book.

The evergreen Brad Hogg partially inspired me to go back to cricket last summer. He's the little engine that could.

Cracking final looming with Sixers and scorchers. Wish they'd release bbl highlights DVDs too.

And to think the a$$clowns who make up the selectors 'dropped' him from the initial ODIs vs South Africa.

And to think CA were affronted when Michael Clarke was ropable because of it.

129798-L-HI.jpg

Released on 18th Feb....

"Capturing the Cup Australian World Cup Cricket Victory Pack for the very first time brings together four of the greatest sporting triumphs in Australian Cricket History. Relive all the highlights of Australia’s World Cup victories from 1987, 1999, 2003 and 2007! Plus heaps of World Cup value added material!

The foundations for Australia’s World Cup dominance were laid in 1987 when legendary skipper Allan Border and coaching genius Bob Simpson led the Aussies out of the wilderness with future household names Steve Waugh, Dean Jones, David Boon and Craig McDermott by their side!

After the disappointment of losing to Sri Lanka in 1996, a rejuvenated Australia went to England in 1999 on a Steve Waugh/Adam Gilchrist/Shane Warne led mission. In one of the most memorable tournaments in history Australia triumphed over South Africa and then steamrolled Pakistan in the final!

In 2003 and 2007, the Aussies led by Ricky Ponting and Adam Gilchrist repeated the dose against India and Sri Lanka, cementing Australia’s place as the greatest One Day Team of all time after claiming the tournament for a record fourth time.

Sit back and enjoy the show! "

That looks great.

Tis a pity they think people only want to watch Australia win though. 1992 and 1996 were fantastic tournaments. Not sure why ICC hasn't done a DVD of highlights from each and every pool match and finals for each world cup and boxed it for consumption.

Back
Top Bottom