2014 Traders Case

Thanks all

All hail the King

Lewis or Provan #001 would be sweet!

To my limited knowledge I don't think either #001 Legend Sig has been pulled

I'd love to break the duck and pull a high-end sig for the first time in years and several hundred boxes of busting! But I will be content enough with a near set of blacks and no duplicate inserts.

There is not much of note in a box so I'll annonce their contents in groups of three

1-3:

GS - Thurston, Gallen, Centre card
Retirements - Turner, King
RTS - Oates, Perrett, Koroibete, Feldt, Radrada, Fonua

Looks like I won't break the duck on this one either; Brother in Arms B1. Glad to beat the odds on a case though

I haven't busted an Indigenous in 5 boxes of product though. I'm sure there are a few lurking in the remainder of the case

Box 4 - Gs - Johnson, RTS - Winterstein and Mead. Brothers in arms.

I think I'll take a rest til later tonight

This is why I would be hesitant to buy a case of traders. The case hit might not be a signature.

I know the legends are 1:5 cases and I think the triple signature was 1:8 cases so you are not even guaranteed that big hit although most cases seemed to have either the Brothers in Arms or a signature. At the very least the Brothers in Arms should have been numbered.

This is an area that needs to be improved upon IMO, case hit should be a signature.

Good luck with the rest of the case, hope there is another hit lurking!

I definitely wouldn't buy a Traders case at full price, believe me!

There is one simple answer to why the Brothers in Arms isn't numbered; to give consumers the impression of scarcity. Unfortunately apart from signature cards there is very little that is scarce in a Traders release. They are mass-produced to a ridiculous extent. I would imagine that we will be busting bargain basement releases of unsold stock in the future.

There are 2246 cases. I believe there was also some Starter Packs

That is 970,272 packs (probably 1 million with the starters)

By my crude maths that is:

5512 of each parallel
1878 of each black parallel
5054 of each Milestone
3675 of each Season Highlight
1497 of each Galactic Star
842 of each Retirement
749 of each Indigenous
1123 of each Brothers In Arms card!! Despite being 1:2 cases
Three brothers: 1 in every 89 boxes
Legends 1 in every 129 boxes

Hence there is no such thing as a case hit in Traders, and me being glad that I at least got the Brothers in Arms

The $$ of these will dive if they ever release all the product. No wonder the #001s haven't surfaced and no one has ever proven that that guy defrauded ESP over claiming his #001 Johns was lost in the post in 2013.

Well the absence of Indigenous cards is over:

boxes 6-8

Merritt, Tighe, Romelo Indigenous
Hayne, SBW, Bird Galactic
RTS - RTS (lol), Fisi'iahi, Fonua, Gordon, McManus, Williams

I definitely wouldn't buy a Traders case at full price, believe me!

There is one simple answer to why the Brothers in Arms isn't numbered; to give consumers the impression of scarcity. Unfortunately apart from signature cards there is very little that is scarce in a Traders release. They are mass-produced to a ridiculous extent. I would imagine that we will be busting bargain basement releases of unsold stock in the future.

There are 2246 cases. I believe there was also some Starter Packs

That is 970,272 packs (probably 1 million with the starters)

By my crude maths that is:

5512 of each parallel
1878 of each black parallel
5054 of each Milestone
3675 of each Season Highlight
1497 of each Galactic Star
842 of each Retirement
749 of each Indigenous
1123 of each Brothers In Arms card!! Despite being 1:2 cases
Three brothers: 1 in every 89 boxes
Legends 1 in every 129 boxes

Hence there is no such thing as a case hit in Traders, and me being glad that I at least got the Brothers in Arms

The $$ of these will dive if they ever release all the product. No wonder the #001s haven't surfaced and no one has ever proven that that guy defrauded ESP over claiming his #001 Johns was lost in the post in 2013.
He claimed the #007 was lost in the same package didn't he?

Case all broken, all swaps now in my trade thread below

Summary

Lewis case card
Brother in Arms case hit
2 sets of silver parallels
120 black parallels (all different)
24 RTS
12 Galactic Stars
Retirements (6) - Berrigan, Galuvao, Fien, Prince, King, Turner
Indigenous Close the Gap (4) - Thurston, Merritt, Romelo, Tighe
Lots of trash inserts

Yes, looking for trades though. They are all in my trade link below. As I had not bothered to collect this series until now, they are the lower end inserts predominantly.

I had some credit left with the NZ Distributor so I picked up one of their case deals as one last hurrah knowing that I could make back the cost of its contents.

The deal included an extra 5 albums, but they sent 10 which was great

All cards are for sale (although I'm toying with the idea of keeping a set of blacks, which I already almost have)

The albums alone yielded:

AGS - 5, 6, 8, 9x2, 11, 13, 15x2, 18 - $15ea except for #5 @ $8 (I also have 4, 8, 10 & 14 from an earlier bust)
Retirement - Dallas Johnson - $22.50
Birds GS - $10
McManus RTS - $8
Fifita Chart Topper - $3
Provan Case card - $45

Murphy's luck says that this is the time I break my high-end sig card duck...I wouldn't complain!

I'll slowly break as I have time over the next few days

Last edited:
Box 1 - and already the 'case hit' with another Burgess Brother's in Arms card - I haven't paid any attention to the value of these. the only one I can find for sale is $100 from Daytraderama on Ebay who is usually reasonable as far as dealers go. Glenn at Gold Coast cards sold at out at $80. I will sell for $75, or less if in a package deal

Gallen GS $10

Simmons, Sio RTS $8ea

Back
Top Bottom