Tap 'N' Play CA & Big Bash Box Break - Product Review

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
OzCardTrader.com.au was lucky enough to receive 2 boxes today of the new Tap 'N' Play CA & Big Bash Cricket Cards.

1 box will be given away to one of our lucky members soon and the other box has just been busted and I can share with you the results.

20150105_200443.jpg

26 packs per box.

Base Cards

Complete Set

Silver Parallel Cards 1:2 Packs
15 Cards - Various Players

Gold Parallel Cards 1:4 Packs
Xavier Doherty - ODI
Steven Smith - Test
Tim Ludeman - Strikers
Dwayne Bravo - Renegades
Steve O'Keefe - Sixers
Kurtis Patterson - Thunder

Strike Batsmen 1:13 Packs
Uzman Khawaja - Thunder
Kieron Pollard - Strikers

Strike Bowlers 1:13 Packs
Clint McKay - Stars
Cameron Boyce - Hurricanes

Superstars 1:26 packs
Brad Hogg - Scorchers

The cards are a massive improvement on Tap 'N' Play's A-League release and for me the Gold Parallels while only falling 1:4 packs will be a massive effort to complete the whole set.

The Strike Batsmen and Bowlers all form one big set and the Superstars will be sought after as well.

Overall an enjoyable break and one that delivers on what it offers (odds were spot on), a good value product with plenty of inserts to chase.

It's nice to have some cricket cards back to collect.

Cheers
Matt

It is good to have some new Cards. I will hopefully be albe to place a order from Tap 'N' Play for a few boxes this week.

I would love to get a hold of that steve smith card.

Checked out a couple of Newsagents today & they have had only 1 box each... :(
No albums...

OzCardTrader.com.au was lucky enough to receive 2 boxes today of the new Tap 'N' Play CA & Big Bash Cricket Cards.

1 box will be given away to one of our lucky members soon and the other box has just been busted and I can share with you the results.....

Hi Matt,

Any news yet of the planned box give away?

I Have been chatting with the guys from Tap "N' Play about the limited design, Errors, Lack of Autographs and got the followng Correspondence back you may find interesting.

"Yes all are good points. Our first year was hectic as we only had
confirmation of the contract in late September so design and speed to
market were the priorities. We had to air freight the first 30k packs
at great expense so we are in this for the long haul and expect to be
producing series for many years to come. Next year design and planning
will begin in May which permits much greater scope for ratios and
special inclusions.

We have spoken to Cricket Aust about Year 2 already and the signature
cards are HIGH on the list for inclusion. We already have a few
legends and current players saying they are happy to participate so it
will definitely be a feature next year."

Hi Mike,

We plan to have something up shortly. Also now have a folder to give away too!

This "giveaway" is now underway but only open for OZCT premium members....

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/comm...cket-box-and-folder-drawn-friday-30-1.179184/

As American Express would say 'membership has its privileges', although to quote George Orwell -
"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others"

But of course we all had the opportunity to apply for TnP's free give away of tickets to the BBL final with deadlines so tight that no one other than those living close to Canberra or in NSW have any chance of actually getting there.

Oh well...might as well just stick to the bucket head...just as much a chance of winning that prize...

image.jpg

Good luck to any TnP cricket set collectors who are premium members..

This "giveaway" is now underway but only open for OZCT premium members....

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/comm...cket-box-and-folder-drawn-friday-30-1.179184/

As American Express would say 'membership has its privileges', although to quote George Orwell -
"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others"

But of course we all had the opportunity to apply for TnP's free give away of tickets to the BBL final with deadlines so tight that no one other than those living close to Canberra or in NSW have any chance of actually getting there.

Oh well...might as well just stick to the bucket head...just as much a chance of winning that prize...

image.jpg

Good luck to any TnP cricket set collectors who are premium members..

Mike,

As part of running the site it costs everyone a fat $0 to be a member here, trade, sell etc. That's a pretty good deal.

We do however offer a premium membership at $5 a month for people who wish to support this site and its ongoing costs. As part of that deal you get opportunities to win product that is given to us by multiple manufacturers. We do also have competitions where anyone can win.

It's simple, you can enjoy all the benefits here for free or you can open your wallet and help support the site (a few dollars a month) and have a chance to win some of these prizes.

In relation to the tickets........The tickets were given away with 6 days to spare and we have one member who is willing to fly from Perth to come and watch the game.

Sure not everyone can get to Canberra but this really feels like you are having a whinge here about nothing.

Maybe time to loosen the bucket head a bit.

Mike,

As part of running the site it costs everyone a fat $0 to be a member here, trade, sell etc. That's a pretty good deal.

We do however offer a premium membership at $5 a month for people who wish to support this site and its ongoing costs. As part of that deal you get opportunities to win product that is given to us by multiple manufacturers. We do also have competitions where anyone can win.

It's simple, you can enjoy all the benefits here for free or you can open your wallet and help support the site (a few dollars a month) and have a chance to win some of these prizes.

In relation to the tickets........The tickets were given away with 6 days to spare and we have one member who is willing to fly from Perth to come and watch the game.

Sure not everyone can get to Canberra but this really feels like you are having a whinge here about nothing.

Maybe time to loosen the bucket head a bit.

Read it how you like Matt, and I am not going to get into a war of word, but would have been good to know that this would only be offered to premium members beforehand.

In terms of loosing my bucket head - sure happy to spend $5 a month and support the site once I can stop putting my hand in my pocket trying to get cards to finish TnP's a-league set and spending coin posting cards to other members of the forum to help them complete that set.

So until that changes and we see TnP take steps to help collectors of that set, that's where my money is going, and has been for the past 4 month. If I'm having a whinge it is because of the amount of tolerance that is given to that manufacturer, particularly given its lack of action to help collectors of that set.

If I see some action on that front so we can get the 9 cards we need to finish the set then I'll happily give OZCT $10 a month.

Back
Top Bottom