2014/2015 Tap 'N' Play Cricket Sell Sheet (Full Checklist on Page 2)

Both cards I picked up at the Thunder game had numbering as per checklist on here. They do not appear to be sample cards, looks like they are the common cards from the release.

Hopefully there will be more given away on Saturday night at the next game, or even better, released NOW!

Reiterate again that they are missing a goldern opportunity to sell them at these BBL games. No idea what their marketing team is thinking.....

Both cards I picked up at the Thunder game had numbering as per checklist on here. They do not appear to be sample cards, looks like they are the common cards from the release.

Hopefully there will be more given away on Saturday night at the next game, or even better, released NOW!

Reiterate again that they are missing a goldern opportunity to sell them at these BBL games. No idea what their marketing team is thinking.....

Thanks for confirming the numbering.
No cards at Scorchers game last night that I could see. Santa is not a Scorchers fan obviously :(

Agree the timing of the release is not ideal. I guess having to pull the Phil Hughes cards delayed things.

Maybe Matt26 can update us in terms of any changes to TnP release plans, further to his earlier posts on this thread in that regard.

Matt26 - was the Thunder cards giveaway a 'one-off' and done as a special batch, or have all the cards arrived in Oz now?

Couple more images to whet the appetite:

Screen Shot 2014-12-23 at 4.55.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-12-23 at 4.56.20 PM.png

It's a fine line between 'whet the appetite' and 'insanely jealous'. :)

Thanks for the images, specially highlighting the gold and silver cards. Would be impressive to get those in 2 packs.

Wonder if all the Adelaide Strikers cards will be just head shots?

Here is another image from Tap 'N' Play. Been told the cards will be in the newsagents from Jan 5th.

CA Cards 1.jpg

Are all the Strikers cards just going to be headshots because no one could be bothered Photoshopping them like they do for every other team?

Strangely the 'Player Profiles' pages for all the teams on their various BBL team websites have player photos that are a mix of head shots and action shots, but not The Adelaide Strikers - all head shots
http://www.adelaidestrikers.com.au/team/player-profiles

Maybe they just like headshots??

I have heard that based on the print run and the number of gold cards available as part of the overall set, these Gold Parallel cards will be limited to around 150 per player.

Cheers
Matt

I have heard that based on the print run and the number of gold cards available as part of the overall set, these Gold Parallel cards will be limited to around 150 per player.

Cheers
Matt

So doing the maths that is 150 cards of 184 players = 27,600 cards.

With a ratio of 1:4 for golds, that is 6 cards per box. 27,600 divided by 6 = 4600 boxes.

(Happy for others to correct my maths, if I'll miscalculated)

That doesn't seem like a lot of boxes to service the Gordon and Gotch newsagents, maybe 1 box per outlet??

But good to know the golds are limited. I also see in nazimcricket's sale of TnP boxes thread
http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/tap-n-play-base-cards-boxes-packs.177893/ that Neil has advised that only half the boxes are currently onshore. The rest arrive mid Jan via sea.

Key message here - if you find a box early, grab it!

There is only 1 delivery to Gordon & Gotch newsagents next week on Mon 29/12, then delivers from 5/1. Maybe if we are lucky some boxes might be out there before NY (maybe?)

So doing the maths that is 150 cards of 184 players = 27,600 cards.

With a ratio of 1:4 for golds, that is 6 cards per box. 27,600 divided by 6 = 4600 boxes.

(Happy for others to correct my maths, if I'll miscalculated)

Very close to the mark to what I've been told. With 14 boxes per case it comes out to about 320 cases?

are the backs of the superstars, strike batters and strike bowlers the same as the base cards? and has tap n play confirmed the release date as Jan 5?

are the backs of the superstars, strike batters and strike bowlers the same as the base cards? and has tap n play confirmed the release date as Jan 5?

The backs are a different design and 5th Jan is the date I've been told.

Hoping to get a box to preview for the site.

Hi Matt26

In one of your earlier posts on the earlier TnP release thread you referenced some new and exciting concepts

Let me just say I have a little inside knowledge of what they are planning......it may take a few months but get ready for some of the things us collectors have been crying out for!

I think collectors may like what they have in store. ;)

Cheers
Matt

With this release just about to hit stores, will any of those new concepts apply to this release?

Hi Matt26

In one of your earlier posts on the earlier TnP release thread you referenced some new and exciting concepts

With this release just about to hit stores, will any of those new concepts apply to this release?

Hi Mike,

As far as I know, there are some really cool things in the works but weren't possible in time for this release.

Hi Mike,

As far as I know, there are some really cool things in the works but weren't possible in time for this release.

Cheers, thanks for the update. Will continue to wait with bated breath for what those might be :)

Back
Top Bottom