UFC MMA Discussion (spoilers)

I thought i read that there would be a separate set of rankings done by the ufc that would determine fighters pay otherwise the guys in the media would determine fighter pay.
Also cant work out why Tecia is ranked so highly, after losing twice in the house, id have both JoJo and Randa above her.

The two cropped off that screenshot are
#14 Bec Rawlings
#15 Seosee Ham

Chambers didn't make the cut :(

While Angela Hill with all two pro fights of experience does...

Also cant work out why Tecia is ranked so highly, after losing twice in the house, id have both JoJo and Randa above her.

This just reminded me that after filming there was an interesting exchange on twitter between Esparza and Torres. Some people apparently insinuating (or accusing) Torres of being on the junk, and that having to get off it for the extended time they'd be in the house made her noticeably weaker. (and less hair-lip/backne)

And I also remember Felice Herrig cry bullying over the way some of the girls were treating her at promo events before TUF20 aired.

Last edited:
Rousey and Jones have done deals with Reebok too!

Yeah this is f***ed

First, these are two questionable people to have represent your brand, Jones (DUI, Homophobia, his comments about Cosby ) more so than Rousey (her comments about Sandy Hook, general petulant behaviour)

Secondly, this is a massive f*** you to the rest of the locker room. The same company that's stopping other fighters from having their own apparel sponsors, is now propping up two fighters who are already in the upper echelons of the UFC fighter payroll.

Hopefully something comes of this class action lawsuit that restructures the way fighters are compensated and opens them up to broader income streams. That every TUF20 competitor - outside the last 4 - got paid $8k/$8k for the finale is poor. Some of those women haven't fought since last year. Taking away their opportunity to attract sponsors makes the situation so much worse.

That said the biggest weakness with this case is this notion that the UFC has systematically eradicated its competition with anti-competitive practices. A lot of them either lost TV deals (Strikeforce, Pride FC) or simply ran deep into the red (RFA, Affliction, IFL, EliteXC) trying to cut corners and spend their way into the big time. About the only promotion I can think of that the UFC bought at its prime was the WEC, and that was to get hold of their lighter weight divisions.

That said, Dana White doesn't help matters much:

XoifbHr.jpg

probably a good (coincidence) thing he's in Fiji right now ;)

As for the known fighters involved its an interesting mix.

Carlos Newton fought in the ZUFFA-eras infancy, and I can only assume his biggest grievance is likeness rights.

Similarly Jon Fitch, and some other AKA fighters, was for a time cut from the UFC for refusing to sign over their likeness rights.

Nate Quarry... no doubt Dana White personally paying for his back surgery will come up. But he's always been a longtime advocate of improving fighter compensation. He's previously cited examples when the UFC has told him to remove sponsors.

Cung Le isn't so surprising given he asked for a release not long ago. The UFC stooged him over their terrible handing of the drug testing for the Macau event.

Last edited:
Good win for Machida, but was expected.
Barao looked off to me, and thought Gagnon was fairly impressive, better then his #14 rank.

I agree with Both comments Matty. Machida definitely showed why he is a legend and deserves his ranking by putting a hole in his ribs followed by some accurate punches....even better when he had only touched CB once prior to that !=D>
Gagnon gave it all he had but fell victim to the experience and timing of Barao...all of those wasted take down attempts left him open for Barao to take an easy win after he was tired. Barao was noticeably nervous though... and like you said Gagnon's ranking of 14 was impressive against a true Champ. Cant help but think the reason for Renan being a bit twitchy was because Gagnon fights more like a top ten fighter ( which we saw) and the Brazilian fans want their champ back .

Dominick Cruz out indefinitely with another ACL injury as well as Assuncao out with a broken ankle. Looks like Barao might get the next shot after all!

Really ? That sucks so badly for cruz he looked lethal on his return

Having busted two boxes of Bloodlines now... I'd really love it if Leaf did another MMA set, or maybe a GLORY set. A Nieky Holzken auto would go nicely in my collection :D

Or maybe Press Pass because I'm really really loving their NASCAR products at the moment.

So CM Punk has apparently chose Roufusport as his camp.

For a guy that was so outspoken about the poor treatment he received from the WWE, this is hilarious.

Having busted two boxes of Bloodlines now... I'd really love it if Leaf did another MMA set, or maybe a GLORY set. A Nieky Holzken auto would go nicely in my collection :D

Or maybe Press Pass because I'm really really loving their NASCAR products at the moment.

I think its time for Topps to hand over UFC cards to another company Laz. It would be nice to see UFC cards receive the same respect as NBA/MLB and NHL cards...much more thoughtful designs and make cards that are low numbered totally different from the base card design. I am sick of seeing a 1/1 relic /auto that looks no different from a high numbered card. Its a 1/1 for god sake! make it special!:mad:Sticker autos where the fighter is lazy and totally misses the sticker:( together with a dried up marker that used:( Photos of fighters in the most stupid position go onto the cards for the final print run...they only have millions to choose from and they choose the one that in no way represents the fighter or even able to tell what the fighter is doing:)

Well I'm pumped.

Hope DC wins this decisively.

And the ref tells Jones to keep his f***in hands closed.

Given that thanks to Noons' eyepokes, Cruickshank got a torn tear duct, had to have surgery, and will probably have to use drops in his left eye for the rest of his life to keep it moist, they probably should!

Im pumped, going for jones though, cant stand DC.

Jones and Cerrone Lets go, although i can see jury winning, as much as i dislike him, the kid can fight

Back
Top Bottom