Panini (Lack of) Customer Service Tweet's

Mr Paparazzi

Adelaide's MOJO maker
Real Name
Brett
eBay User
saintyscollectables
I've had enough, from the endless Panini Parallel's to the distasteful and clear message Panini Customer Service Manager David Sharp passed onto me last night on twitter.

This was in response to me saying the redemption system is a joke, I get ignored continuously after having 2 Kevin Durant redemptions both older than 6 months while 20+ others have been released in that time, a MCW Green/5 RC Auto waiting over 6 months for and last but not least a 12/13 Totally Certified Kyrie Irving HRX video I have been waiting for a friend and fellow collector since March 2013 yes March 2013!!!!

Here are his replies to my tweet saying it's a joke, have already been told previously they won't be replacing the HRX cards so how long will the wait be 3 years maybe 4?

I thought they were downright rude and disrespectful especially as I have spent $$ as a collector/box buster and also with Paparazzi. Because of this I have decided I will no longer be supporting Panini or their products in any way including collecting of their cards.

We need to stand up to this and say enough if enough!!!!

PaniniLackofCustomerService1.JPG

PaniniLackofCustomerService2.JPG

My response was

Great way to talk to a so called valued customer! Great Customer Service. Is it my fault I've been waiting over a year for some cards to be redeemed? Is it my fault you and the company have been slipping? When you don't respond to e-mails you give me no choice. How about next lot of boxes I don't pay until all redemptions are filled sound fair enough? What's your CEO contact?

I agree, more people have to voice their dissatisfaction. Do you think it's anything to do with the change over to the points system? (Along with athlete signing issues and their obvious desire to get newer product redemptions out sooner than old ones - "well they've waited a year, what's another 6 months when we get that athlete in again to sign")

For the record, in case Panini reads this thread, here are my outstanding redemptions (older than 1 year):

Aug 2012 - Past & Present XRCU
Sep 2012 - Limited XRCI
Sep 2012 - Limited XRCY
Nov 2012 - Distinctive Ink Danny Granger
Jun 2013 - Momentous Chandler Parsons
Jun 2013 - Brilliant Beginnings Chandler Parsons
Jun 2013 - Quest Chandler Parsons
Aug 2013 - NT Anthony Davis/Chandler Parsons/10
Sep 2013 - Panini's Choice Terrence Ross
Sep 2013 - Momentous Ivan Johnson
Sep 2013 - Momentous Darius Miller
Oct 2013 - Momentous Chris Singleton
Oct 2013 - Momentous Lance Thomas
Oct 2013 - Momentous Trey Thompkins
Oct 2013 - NT Thomas Robinson/Chandler Parsons/25
Oct 2013 - NT Harrison Barnes/Chandler Parsons/99
Nov 2013 - Momentous Jae Crowder
Nov 2013 - Momentous Tyshawn Taylor
Nov 2013 - Momentous Darius Morris

*grumble grumble*

If they cant manage redemptions, they should remove from their product's!!!

Very disappointing to hear these issues @Mr Paparazzi

I too have been waiting over 6 months for 5 redemptions with no updates or the like

They were nothing massive in relation to players, but still, some HOF stuff I am still waiting for.

Collecting is suppose to be enjoyable not frustrating.

I agree, more people have to voice their dissatisfaction. Do you think it's anything to do with the change over to the points system? (Along with athlete signing issues and their obvious desire to get newer product redemptions out sooner than old ones - "well they've waited a year, what's another 6 months when we get that athlete in again to sign")

Not sure mate, they say they want to get rid of redemptions yet have so many per product. If they cant get them in a product dont release it but then hey I wouldn't be spoilt lol.

Does anyone know if Panini have any reps on ANY of the card forums?

Say what you want about COMC, they may have growing pains and problems like all big companies, but having a person as a first point of contact on forums such as this goes a long way in saying how important customers are in my opinion. They could just as easy route you through Twitter, a switchboard or other loopholes.

The problem is for everyone 1 person that complains about panini there is 10 other butt lickers that tell panini how awesome they are and everything they do is golden. Thus giving the guys at panini a big head.

Does anyone know if Panini have any reps on ANY of the card forums?

Say what you want about COMC, they may have growing pains and problems like all big companies, but having a person as a first point of contact on forums such as this goes a long way in saying how important customers are in my opinion. They could just as easy route you through Twitter, a switchboard or other loopholes.

Not that I know of, Panini have forgotten their foundation, their customers. For the hobby sake I hope all companies get the license again and the NBA sets a benchmark regarding redemptions etc.

The problem is for everyone 1 person that complains about panini there is 10 other butt lickers that tell panini how awesome they are and everything they do is golden. Thus giving the guys at panini a big head.

Exactly there is def way too many Panini arselickers out there. I seen it at the Nationals while I was there in 13.

I cannot fathom the logistics for organising X players to sign across all sports for X many releases a year BUT that's not out problem, it comes down to receiving what is advertised as hits in a certain product, what was possibly the selling point or highlight for that product.

It shouldn't happen and I don't think it's acceptable to wait 2 years plus for any autograph card, ESPECIALLY when the player has had injury time (opportunity to sign) or they have cards come out from a newer release. Talk about fastest way to piss off customers!

What are the options to solve this?

Cut down the number of releases and not pack out product until every player is in the packs?
Not likely

Stickers were the step towards solving this (especially with triple, quad auto cards etc) but even that now has dropped off.

For the record, in case Panini reads this thread, here are my outstanding redemptions (older than 1 year):

Aug 2012 - Past & Present XRCU
Sep 2012 - Limited XRCI
Sep 2012 - Limited XRCY
Nov 2012 - Distinctive Ink Danny Granger
Jun 2013 - Momentous Chandler Parsons
Jun 2013 - Brilliant Beginnings Chandler Parsons
Jun 2013 - Quest Chandler Parsons
Aug 2013 - NT Anthony Davis/Chandler Parsons/10
Sep 2013 - Panini's Choice Terrence Ross
Sep 2013 - Momentous Ivan Johnson
Sep 2013 - Momentous Darius Miller
Oct 2013 - Momentous Chris Singleton
Oct 2013 - Momentous Lance Thomas
Oct 2013 - Momentous Trey Thompkins
Oct 2013 - NT Thomas Robinson/Chandler Parsons/25
Oct 2013 - NT Harrison Barnes/Chandler Parsons/99
Nov 2013 - Momentous Jae Crowder
Nov 2013 - Momentous Tyshawn Taylor
Nov 2013 - Momentous Darius Morris

*grumble grumble*

To be fair tho it's not like the majority of those redemption are of a player (parsons) that now plays in the city where the company's main headquarters are!!!

And secondly, stop your complaining... My eldest redemption is from 2009 and is for a player still in the league! And funny enough, on a team in the same state as the companies main headquarters!!!

To be fair tho it's not like the majority of those redemption are of a player (parsons) that now plays in the city where the company's main headquarters are!!!

And secondly, stop your complaining... My eldest redemption is from 2009 and is for a player still in the league! And funny enough, on a team in the same state as the companies main headquarters!!!

Ouch that's insanely bad

It just proves once again that this company has no concept of customer service whatsoever. What is even worse is that they have their heads so fair up they asses, they don't seem to care. This isn't some garage operation, this is a multi-million dollar profit making company! If anything, that Tweet becomes concrete evidence of how shady these people really are.

The redemption fulfillment process itself is flawed to begin with and the way it is set up is the hallmarks of lazy people who quite frankly don't care about their customers. If you happen to redeem a card after it has become available, and they happen to be processing another sport at the time, be prepared to wait months to receive the card. It will just sit in their safe while they process whatever sport they are doing at the time, even if it happens to be a slow period.

Unfilled redemptions are essentially random codes on plain white cardboard. It is not what we paid / traded for and it is not what they advertise. In their products, they advertise an X amount of autographs and memorabilia per box, a redemption card is neither. In just about any industry, to not provide goods and services that has already been paid for would be illegal and yet it is standardised practice in this hobby.

I think it is such a cop out response to suggest someone to call them on the phone . What is that going to solve? Is the service going to be any better? Will the redemptions be filled? From personal experience, the service over the phone is just as bad.

im in the same boat..

have a look
upload_2014-12-20_18-18-15.png

and in every request there are multiple multiple cards.. im waiting in total for bout 40 cards

and the worst part is when they are immaculate rookie logoman 1/1 and still waiting. Durant autos still waiting lol.. ive even put a request in for someone that was returning to the hobby so I thought I would help but by the time the card comes(scottie pippen auto from high end) its gonna take me ages to remember who it was for lol

upload_2014-12-20_18-17-42.png

Unfilled redemptions are essentially random codes on plain white cardboard. It is not what we paid / traded for and it is not what they advertise. In their products, they advertise an X amount of autographs and memorabilia per box, a redemption card is neither. In just about any industry, to not provide goods and services that has already been paid for would be illegal and yet it is standardised practice in this hobby.

Well said and a very valid point!

Back
Top Bottom