Muzza

Back to Belmore
Real Name
Murray
eBay User
muzz456
COMC User
muzz456
So I've got 300 Panini Rewards points in the bank. Not many, but I have another look through their underwhelming "Rewards" catalogue and find a nice Elite jersey-auto for 250 points.
First thing I notice is a disclaimer that the pictured card might not be the actual card I'm going to receive? I'd imagine that most people would hope to select a card or cards based on what is advertised as available. Seems reasonable, but may or may not be the case??? I'll just find out when I get it.
Then I discover that I have to pay for postage. Within the US $3, to Australia $7.
So I'm buying a box of Panini product that does not include advertised content. They acknowledge that by introducing the Rewards Plan. Then in order to fulfil their obligation to provide alternatives to their customers, they see fit to burden their customers with the extra cost of procuring that product.
They send redemptions free of charge. What's the difference?

Last edited:
Instead of bagging the stuffing out of Panini, how about asking this question - what would the response from Topps be if you didn't get the advertised content out of a box? Or Upper Deck? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Instead of bagging the stuffing out of Panini, how about asking this question - what would the response from Topps be if you didn't get the advertised content out of a box? Or Upper Deck? I think we all know the answer to that one.

I only buy Panini product, that's my preference. I simply don't like Topps or any other NFL product so I don't deal with them, never have. This is simply from an aesthetic viewpoint, I like Panini cards a lot and I don't like the others. So I'm not really a Panini hater by any stretch of the imagination.
I just don't think they are doing themselves any favours with regard to the treatment of their customer base in the way they are currently conducting themselves.
But don't worry Panini shareholders, I'll still be buying their cards. I'm addicted you see. :crazy:

I can answer most of that one-

I've never been shorted in a Topps box. Luck or good QC, who knows.

I have by Panini in Absolute a few years back, and it took me ages to get anything out of them and to be honest they just didn't care, it was only because I hounded them for weeks that they sent the missing hit. They closed the request and I re-opened it. Mind you in 25 years of collecting I'd never lodged a claim with them, so I think they should have been a bit more co-operative.

Had an experience with UD Customer Support on a non sport product last year and their response was amazing. Not only did the replace the missing hit, but sent out an extra card that was near the most valuable in the set $300+ http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/shout-out-to-upper-deck-customer-service.167560/

Also have to give kudo's to Press Pass. I was shorted a NASCAR hit a few years back and not only did they send me a replacement, but it was of a driver they knew I'd want.

Topps and Upper Deck don't charge you to send the redemption owing to you which Panini are now doing now they have introduced their "rewards" program. Previous to this, I must say I have on occasion received some amazing service from Panini though.

I can't fault Panini on there customer service. I've only had a few redemptions come through (still waiting on a dozen or more) but they arrived quickly and in good nick. I recently returned a dodgy Prizm card and they were very helpful (haven't got it back yet but any day now). I'm cool with Panini on most things but the Rewards plan, though in theory it sounds good, is a bit of a cop out.
Also unsure why the cards available in the Rewards program weren't circulated in the set releases?

Topps and Upper Deck don't charge you to send the redemption owing to you which Panini are now doing now they have introduced their "rewards" program. Previous to this, I must say I have on occasion received some amazing service from Panini though.

Yeah, this points thing is shaping up to be just another slap in the face to the collector by the looks.... I have 150 in my account and I might as well spend it as there's nothing much in there above 150 points that's worth having. Of the 28 Rams cards 13 aren't even Rams anymore. And another 4 are of a player likely to be cut at the end of the season. Of the 28 cards available, only 5 are from 2014 product !! Of the 28 cards only 4 auto's are of current players !!!

Looks more like a way to try and move old replacements/redemptions than anything else...

I personally think a better system would have been to keep the redemptions as they were previously (of a particular card) but then also have a certain points allocation also and you could pick which you wanted. So for example the redemption might be for a Blake Bortles Score base auto you can redeem for as usual and wait for the player to sign or you can choose 500 points to spend in the Panini store instead. Then as the cards get returned to fulfil the redemptions, any that people have opted to have the points over instead can go into the store for others to pick.

Just a follow up to this thread.

My "Rewards" card finally arrived today, been a while coming but I'm good with that as long as the cards arrive.
It wasn't the "advertised" card, which was a plain orange patch with a thick seam through the middle. I got a plain orange patch. Again, not too worried, still a nice card.

I'm now actually quite relieved due to the fact that there are currently only eight Broncos cards available via Rewards (four Perrish Cox cards for his PC collectors) and several others that hold no interest at all - Brandon Lloyd, Quinton Carter circa 2010 etc, so happy that I got in when I did.
Overall, not too impressed with the end result but I got a decent card and there's nothing left - so that's a plus.

Also got a replacement Prizm card back last week. Sent back a "way off centre" Red Panini Prizm and had to follow their convoluted protocol (which I suppose is fair enough) and didn't have to fork out for postage on this one. :thumbsup:

So my relationship with Panini is back on track and for better or worse, no other product will fill the pages of my NFL collection.

:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom