QLD - 2nd November 2014 - Brisbane Table Tennis Centre

Are you going?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First time at a show. It only took me 5 minutes to get round everywhere. Too much stuff that doesn't interest me. I only collect football cards and there was too much rugby league etc. Who was the dealer with the eagle on his shirt?

First time at a show. It only took me 5 minutes to get round everywhere. Too much stuff that doesn't interest me. I only collect football cards and there was too much rugby league etc. Who was the dealer with the eagle on his shirt?
I am rugby league card collector. You have to remember it is a collectible show of all collectibles not just for a particular collection. When you say football do you mean A league

That's what u get for following the wrong sport.. Lol

The show is great!

Overall, I thought this show was an improvement on the one in May. Seemed to be double the dealers this time which was great and a variety. Was pleased that there was more non sport people there. Was a bit hot there though. Felt sorry for the dealers having to stand in the humidity of the hall all day. Picked up some cool stuff. My favourite thing I brought was a 12inch set of 4 ninja turtles figures. Am so wrapped in those. Ummed and arghed about them a few times, but thought bugger it. That was my buy of the day. Don't know if you guys remember, but met the guy who tried to rip me off last year/this year. Seems like a nice bloke and trying to get back on his feet. Seemed to be a lot more people there as well, so well done to the organisers.
P.S. Disappointed that there was no packets of cards being given out this time!

Good show, almost double the sellers and attendance from last time I think. I didn't get to stay for long, two kids in tow makes that hard but managed to get a few bits and say hello to a few people also.

The altercation was disappointing, more from the perspective that there were kids and families around and the show is aimed at attracting these kind of groups.

At the end of the day these involved will no doubt feel like fools but it is a choice they made and they have to live with it.

I look forward to the next show!

Good show, almost double the sellers and attendance from last time I think. I didn't get to stay for long, two kids in tow makes that hard but managed to get a few bits and say hello to a few people also.

The altercation was disappointing, more from the perspective that there were kids and families around and the show is aimed at attracting these kind of groups.

At the end of the day these involved will no doubt feel like fools but it is a choice they made and they have to live with it.

I look forward to the next show!

I agreed, maybe next time we'll hold our own exclusive trading day instead :)

I had a great time coming over from Perth and meeting so many fantastic people. Thank you to the organisers for putting in all the work. Indeed we all braved the heat, but if thats the worst of it, then it was a great day.

long live NONSPORTS CARDS!!! ;-)

I had a great time coming over from Perth and meeting so many fantastic people. Thank you to the organisers for putting in all the work. Indeed we all braved the heat, but if thats the worst of it, then it was a great day.

I am with you mate excellent

Another great day! Shame about the altercation .. right when the show was at it's busiest.
Obviously these shows aren't about fighting, but the police have taken statements, and for the next event if anything does happen,
official arrests and charges will be laid. So for those 2 I hope the matter was settled, and there is no repeat, otherwise it will be
embarrassing to get charges laid at a collectables show :crazy:

@0401Specialk yeah all mobile EFTPOS machines were done in the whole of Brisbane that particular day, hence the difficulties.
@0kramrajnoc great meeting and excellent to deal with
@dAvaro @RedskinsFan great dealing with again guys
@Moesbill Great to catch up again this time on the right side of the country :p
@AutographedMemorabilia @the game rugby league good to see you guys again and thanks for the support

Anyone I missed I apologise.

We will see QLD in 2015 :thumbsup:

Do you mean by that that they are dying out?

My youngest son collects Star Wars so was disappointed (at his first show) that not only could he not find Topps Force Attax, but the people selling Star Wars (non-card) stuff hadn't even heard of them!

turns out I now live around the corner from where this show was lol

keen as hell to check out the next show. any ideas when the next one might be?

Roger that! Thanks Brendan!
What's the deal with stalls? can anyone register to have one? and do you have to be a seller or can you just have a stall to "show off" lol

I would love to show off my Carmelo Collection at the next show :D

Back
Top Bottom