NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ref and he was a pom.

Was a great game, no need for complaining!

Real good to watch, marty taupau legit changed the game, bloke played like a weapon. Johnson whare, kenny dowall and bromwich were all strong too, no brain explosions from manu either

Our 5th tackle options were horrendus, cronk and inglis had shockers, ben hunt deserved more of a go, the bloke scores every game he plays in!

Is it just me or has dylan walker really failed to impress in this series, i just expected him to kill it and hes done nothing and been weak defensively
Probably just too much expectation. Given another shot he could be better. The pass that lead to Ben Hunt's try was good. Would've liked to see Johnston get a shot too.

Kiwis deserved the win and title.

Bromwich is a machine and Foran / Johnson really compliment each other's style of play.

I think many of the key Aussies looked tired, particularly GI and Cronk.

DCE improved at 6 but never really looked comfortable on that side of the field.

The Aussie forwards stood up this time at least!

Thanks goodness Beale is gone, I know he got injured, but his defence in the centres wasn't very good.

Yep he was a target in the front line and a weak spot, however in his defence he did come as a fullback, got injured, missed his chance and then had to play centre. I know he wont likely be playing fullback at the Sharks but IMO that is probably his best position.

On another note I watched Neilson this year and I'm not convinced his defence was much better, he did seem strong when at the Storm however, so time may tell........... unfortunately he isn't a prop.

Ross

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...nior-development/story-fniabofi-1227128048967

Another quality article by a News Corp aligned paper. This makes the Raiders out to be right royal pricks.

While I think it is a backward step to have severed ties with Souths Logan and the QLD area I can certainly understand Canberra's reasons behind it. Canberra have been aligned with Souths since 1982 so it is quite sad that it has come to an end.

When will the NRL do something to reward the teams that put so much into junior development?

The concerning factors for me are that Canberra are funding across all areas of their junior programs which could be devastating for the Riverina area. Also Brisbane are now aligned to six QCUP teams, how many young players can they really afford to develop and support? How many will never get their chance now?

Rugbly League is a businessnow more than ever which makes it a cut throat industry. This scenario will result in situations like the Tedesco one a few months back. A very promising but injury prone and really untested player offer way overs by Canberra ($900,000 per season). Tigers can't match that so he signs and turns his back on the club that brought him through the junior ranks and paid his way. At least in this instance he did the right thing and stayed at the Tigers for less money but they still had to pay overs to keep him IMO. Don't get me wrong, as a Raiders fan I would love to have had him coming to Canberra in 2015 but I am glad for the games sake he stayed loyal.

Come on NRL, do something to help the clubs who have put so much into Junior development!

I had seen Matt Srama at the Roosters Stadium 2 days ago being shown around by the man himself Trent Robertson.

New sharks CEO L.Gorman announced tomorrow .
SKD could be a shark by Friday .

Gal about retiring from supergrass ( now that is a funny one)

Heard a whisper today that ESP are dumping Icon as their distributors & giving it to Lance Ferguson (daytradermaremma)...

Heard some more whispers about ESP today.. Lance has bought the remain stock of Elite 2014 & it will be arriving shortly in Australia. So if this is true the product is not sold out as ESP claim, time will tell if ESP lied!!!!!!

Also heard a rumour ESP is strugerling financially & may not release anymore cards...:confused::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom