Panini Fakes in Baseball

Ioannes

OzCardTrader
Real Name
ioannes
Collectors are discovering that the number of Fake cards released by Panini is far wider than just in Football:

http://www.haulsofshame.com/

Panini admitted in papers filed with the US District Courthouse in Rockford Illinois, that from the fraud cases, the value of the memorabilia used for producing cards would have totalled US$11 million if the items had not been fake - that's a lot of jerseys and a lot of cards, and a lot more fake Panini cards still to be discovered.

Sports Memorabillia merchants and the Graders or authenticators are all in cahoots together.

They issue LOA when they have no exemplars, then get caught, then the excuses come. Read the story about the Allen and Ginter Lindbergh auto / relic....which was given a LOA, then taken away when they got caught. Anyway bloke who pulled it, lost in court.

Unless I go to the game, watch the player wear the garment and take it off and hand it to me, I'm not interested in so called 'sports worn' collectibles. I can see the allure. But in this day and age, with the $$$ involved, it's too risky for me.

As long as it's not rampant in Panini basketball then I'm happy :)

Unfortunately I think the current court case Panini has for fake memorabilia (worth a total of ~$11m, if real) covers basketball as well.

Gross negligence or fraud either way no good for us collectors.

Back
Top Bottom