FFA Trading cards 2014/15 - What's the correct players list? I'm confused....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Dennis
I have downloaded the Excel players list with their names and teams however I seem to have a list that is different or incomplete to everyone else. I downloaded the list from the Tap n Play website however there seems to be cards to collect that I am totally unaware of.

Does anyone have the official, correct list or send me in the right direction to obtain it please?

Regards Dennis.

Hi Dennis, the official list from TnP is the authorative reference source. It has 174 cards in total.

The first checklist I posted on the thread (as attached) related to work that Sergb and I had worked to determine what cards actually existed based on pack openings before the TnP checklist was officially released.

So the main differences are as follows:

The TnP checklist references Liam Rose, who is actually a CCMariners players, but it is immediately below Joshua Rose on that list. We have not found a Liam Rose cards, but we have found a Liam Reddy card. So we assume this is a typo on the checklist, and this was questioned by R2GFifa on the TnP Twitter account, but no reply was provided from memory.

The checklist that I have posted includes 2 cards that are not on the TnP checklist - Matthew Leckie (socceroos) who has a confirmed card, and Tom Doyle (WP). The Doyle card was confirmed by Sergb, but has become somewhat of a mystery as it has vanished. Sergb is dealing with a personal issue at present, so his focus is elsewhere at present, but at some point in the near future this can be explored a bit further. However, to date his card do not appear to have been found in other packs.

At present there are 9 cards on thr TnP checklist that nobody has found in any pack openings - the 7 Melb city cards, Ivan Franjic (Bris) and Bailey Wright (Socceroos).

So the checklist posted based on work progressed by Sergb and myself is by far the prettiest :D but it may simply add to the confusion associated with this series. Hope this explanation is of some help, but if you have specific questions let me know and hopefully I can answer them.

sorry forgot the attachment as referenced..here it is

Attachments

• FFA Series_First Edition_Checklist.pdf
    319.7 KB · Views: 170
sorry forgot the attachment as referenced..here it is

Sorry should have added that I did cross reference this checklist with the official TnP checklist when it was FINALLY released, and it had the same cards listed apart from the 3 variations noted in the earlier post (I.e Liam Reddy, Tom Doyle and matthew Leckie)

Hello Mike,

Thank you very much for your replies.
OK, so I'm not going nuts because like you, I found Liam Reddy which made me realise he was missing from the list, I found a Mathew Leckie card which was missing from the list and learnt this afternoon that there is a Tom Doyle card, woo hoo....!
So it's a total of 176, not 174, right?

I suppose Melbourne City, Ivan Franjic and Bailey Wright I can place on my xmas present list and hope santa-lab-claus can deliver it.

Like I mentioned in my earlier posts, I'm new to all this and even in my extremely limited experience in this practice, I'm finding the entire lack of trading cards currency being so slim as very unprofessional from TNP. It's not usually like this, is it?

Well potentially 176, unless you have actually seen the Doyle card. Otherwise 175 until Sergb can reconfirm its existence.

Matt26 has been in discussions with Neil at TnP about the 9 missing cards, so maybe Santa and his elves will deliver. :)

From what I can gather TnP have no experience in the card game, so they are learning very quickly about the high expectations we collectors have come to expect. But you are right it is never this....challenging!

Just to keep this thread accurate, just wanted to reference the excellent work by Jaames in identifying that the Nikola Petkovic (Syd FC) card is in fact Alex Gresbach.

Of course the card shows the number 6 on the player's shorts, and whilst Nikola Petkovic is #6, Alex Gresbach is #16.

There is also an error with the Sam GALLAWAY (Newcastle) card, as the image is that of Josh Mitchell, a former player.

An image showing these 2 cards is attached.

image.jpg

Just to update this thread, in response to a question from @nfhistory via Twitter TnP responded and confirmed that a DOYLE (wellington) DOES NOT exist as part of this set.

The Twitter post can be viewed here.

https://twitter.com/tapnplay/status/541713620426432512

On the basis all cards listed on the official TnP 'list of cards printed' have been confirmed as printed with the following 2 variations:

* Liam Rose, should be Liam REDDY (CCM)
* Matthew Leckie (socceroos) was printed but not referenced on the list.

So it is a 175 card set, although 9 cards are yet to surface in pack openings (as detailed in the main thread on this set).

thank you.
Where would we be without you Mike :)
Cheers.

Thanks Dennis, but credit must also go to NBUnited (@nfhistory) and Sergb who have been committed to this set, asking questions, seeking answers and helping out other collectors with swaps, etc, etc.

I never thought that 9 weeks after its release that we'd still be no closer to completing a set of 175 base cards.

do you guys know if the cards have official numbers or ids? as the panini set does?

do you guys know if the cards have official numbers or ids? as the panini set does?

Hi Martin

No there is no numbering for this set.

Matt26 raised that issue with TnP, and their upcoming release of cricket cards are numbered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom