My New TTM Thread

This is not cricket but it is a legend of sport.
24 Grand Slam Singles-incredible
Margaret Court
21 Lowanna Way
City Beach, WA 6015
Australia
Time Taken: 2 weeks
Items Sent: Photo, LOR, SASE

I am very happy about this success because it was a punt sending it.
Simon Katich
PO Box 7112Silverwater
NSW 2128
AUSTRALIA
Time Taken: 2 days
Items Sent: Cricket Australia Top Trumps, LOR, SASE

Okay guys I have a couple of addresses.

Ricky Ponting
C/O Ponting Foundation
Level 1/189 Rouse Street
Port Melbourne VIC 3207

Adam Gilchrist
C/O WACA
PO Box 6045
East Perth WA 6892

Today I got Dennis Lillee!
This is the address
Dennis Lillee
C/O WACA
PO Box 6045
East Perth WA 6892
Time Taken: 5 days
Items sent: 2 photos, LOR, SASE

I'm sorry I have not posted anything for a while so I will start again now.

Ian Healy
PO Box 27 Willoughby,
NSW 2068
Time Taken: 10 days

Jason Krejza
P.O. Box 289 Spit Junction
NSW, 2088
Time Taken: 1 month

Alex Doolan
PO Box 495
Rosny Park, Tasmania 7018
Time Taken: 3 weeks

Ben Hilfenhaus
PO Box 495
Rosny Park, Tasmania 7018
Items Sent: Select Cricket 2009/10 Card, LOR, SASE
Time taken: 2 weeks

I'm sending off a heap.
Shane Warne
Jason kreja - got reply
Ricky Ponting
Simon Katich - got reply.
Brett Lee - God reply
Michael Clarke - got reply
Ian Healy

Will post results as I receive thEm back

Last edited:
Just a suggestion guys - you might wish to keep addresses of players off the public forum. By all means share them amongst yourselves via PM, but bear in mind, you're putting out addresses for all and sundry to see, including people who are only interested in getting autographs so they can sell them. Just makes it harder for genuine collectors to get autographs when the players are being inundated with requests. Just my two cents worth!

Just a suggestion guys - you might wish to keep addresses of players off the public forum. By all means share them amongst yourselves via PM, but bear in mind, you're putting out addresses for all and sundry to see, including people who are only interested in getting autographs so they can sell them. Just makes it harder for genuine collectors to get autographs when the players are being inundated with requests. Just my two cents worth!
Fair point Naz, fair point! ;)

Want to send some, but don't want my cards lost. What strategy do you guys go for because of this conundrum?

Want to send some, but don't want my cards lost. What strategy do you guys go for because of this conundrum?

No real strategy, it's the risk you take by sending them as you are never guaranteed the cards will come back.

Don't mean to discourage you Pratyush, but Raj is right. It's very much a luck of the draw thing and doubly difficult for you given that you are hoping for the cards to be returned to India. The odds of them getting back to you in the post are lower than for us in Australia, unless you arrange registered post, which would end up costing you a fair amount of money per request and still not guarantee a return response.

It's no different to guys like me finding it extremely difficult to get autographs via the post from the subcontinent.

I would have thought the best way for you to get autographs would be via the IPL circuit when the world's best players are in your neck of the woods.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the very best of luck mate as I know you are a genuine collector :)

Back
Top Bottom