The pc will continue. Thanks guys : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnkemp40

🔴⚪⚫
Real Name
Dylan
Hi guys,
I have been contemplating letting go of my extensive Manchester United auto and jersey card pc. I am really torn in what to do. My head says it's time to let others enjoy them but my heart just can't quite grasp the idea. I have spent a few years and tens of thousands of dollars building it but I guess I just think it's time to stop and give it up. I just want to thank everyone on here who has liked my posts, sold or traded with me, appreciated my collection even though you support other teams and just generally been a part of this crazy collecting rampage of mine along the way. How and where I start moving them is tba. I have to look at maximizing the cash I get for them so I should imagine if I put a few up on ebay I will start getting a lot of pm's for more cards.
Has anyone let go of a high end pc? How did u go about it and more importantly how did it go?
I'm tempted to be non committal and list them all as an instant pc at $30k obo n see what responses I get lol. I am not expecting anywhere near that but it will start making people enquire on single cards. Plus if I put it at what I reckon it's worth on market ppl will low ball and I will lose my poo.
Anyway gang, many thanks. Our interactions over the years has made building my pc all the more enjoyable. Regards, Dylan

Dylan, my advice (and what the f**k would I know :) ) is that unless you desperately need the money, hang on to your PC. You don't want to end up with seller's remorse. Your United cards are obviously very dear to you and can tell their own personal story, given how many trophies the club has won over the years.

In the years to come it will be a magnificent collctible that you can reminisce about and share with friends and family - maybe now is a good time to stop, with United not going so well, but using myself as an example until the situation dictates otherwise I'd rather have my cards etc than the money.

Whatever decision you make, best of luck mate :)

Thanks Matty, I appreciate your opinion. My wife is of the same opinion as you. I guess there are many factors to consider. No I don't need the money, however it could go to something possibly more worthwhile. The thing that kinda tempts me is that my memorabilia collection is almost as extensive as my cards. So it is not like I will be left with nothing. I actually got into the cards because my house is like a manchester united museum and it's out of place for wall space and cabinetry lol. So there shouldn't be too much sellers remorse.
I only know of 2 collectors of manchester united cards who have as extensive collections as mine. One here in oz and another in the states. Yet there are many people collecting them. Hmmmm... will keep thinking! Thanks mate

Come on mate, United will come good again... ;)
Nah of course it is up to you, but I'd wait a bit and see how you feel in a couple of weeks. If you're not enjoying it, move them on.

Lol it has nothing to do with my love of United. Top or bottom that's my club regardless.
This is purely about the cards. We've had it good for long enough, another clubs turn to enjoy the success (for now lol)

Oh no Dylan!! you're by far the one guy I know with the most extensive and amazing Man Utd collection mate. It's a joy to look through your collection to be honest (being a Man Utd fan myself). And having a small collection of cards myself, I love looking through them from time to time (sort of a form of de-stressing). I don't actually have any display space myself so all my cards are packed up in boxes just awaiting for me to browse through them from time to time.

I am well a little biased in opinion and would definitely give a loud shoutout for you to hold on and keep your PC but hey they're your cards and as a fellow collector, there are totally a whole load of collectibles out there. Would be sad to see them all being moved and all (and I totally wish I would have all the $$$ to even try to get it all off you in the event you really decide to part with your collection but I will probably end up only buying up to a certain amount.) Glory glory Man Utd always mate =)

Thanks Paul, yeah I see a common response here and via pm "don't do it" perhaps everyone is right. Maybe I should hang on to them for now. I have put too much time and $$$ into it to not really think long and hard about it first.
Cheers

Yes Dylan!! Seeing this post when I saw it was like a bomb going off in my heart.... I strongly urge you to keep them.. Those are by far the most amazing and extensive Man Utd collection I have ever seen. And as a young newbie collector, seeing collection like yours definitely gives me the drive to do my best at uni and get myself a good job that would allow me to hopefully try to get myself such an extensive collection for myself in the near future. It's totally mesmerizing to look through your collection! Never fails to mesmerize me everytime I look at them. (My inspiration story)

Maybe you could open a Man Utd Museum mate! I will definitely drop by when I have got myself a proper job. And of course thanks for sharing some of your amazing collection with me. Just sharing with you and all on how your amazing ball is totally mesmerizing me daily now in its new case(don't mind the background and the mess).

IMG-20141028-WA0003[1].jpeg

IMG-20141028-WA0003[1].jpeg

Thanks again Paul. The ball looks fantastic in the case! Yeah I am glad I put this post up because if I didn't get some more opinions I would have just started listing them. I started following United 25 years ago when my Grandad gave me my first kit. He was from Manchester and used to tell me about all the old greats. I guess when he passed away I went crazy collecting as much as I could to try and keep him with me but as the anniversary of his passing was earlier this month I realised I am just trying to fill that void and maybe it's pointless. However, you guys have made me think that I would be making a mistake in throwing that away. My collection can't bring him back but it can remind me of how and why United mean so much to me.

Hi Dylan, I agree with everyone here, please dont let go of your pc. The amount of time and effort you have put into your pc to come up with one of the best and extensive collections of manchester united is amazing. I love going through your pc and seeing all the great players that have played for manchester united. Reading through your posts you can see that the collection is still very dear to you and I would hate for you to let the cards go only to end up regretting it. please dont let them go!!

Last edited:
Hi Dylan,
I absolutely agree with everyone else. DO NOT LET IT GO!
You will feel so upset in 2 years, so don't do it.
But, like everyone else said, what the heck would I know.

Hi guys, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. I have decided to keep the collection going. It's a great community we have here. Most of us don't really know each other yet we all have something in common.
To be honest, it is more than just the cards as to why I collect them and your opinions all came to the same conclusion. So, happily I can 100% say the building of my pc will continue. Thanks again to you all for helping me make the right decision.
Cheers, Dylan

Dylan just saw this now. Mate I'm glad you decided to keep the PC. Trust me if you let it go, you would walk back into that room with your PC and wish that you didn't sell them. Like somebody mentioned before, if you don't have any reason (financial) to see them, then hold onto them. You have an amazing collection and I envy you. I gotta say, you actually have me hooked on the signed balls haha my wife is going to kill me. But like that banner at old traffordnsays "United, Kids, Wife, in that order"

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom