Milford Raiders game worn jersey

i would never

i would never hand wash a game used jersey .. having sonny's sweat on the shirt wouldn't ruin it,
well i have never seen a framed game jersey mouldy.. think about all the leagues clubs u visit with game used .. ..
not one is ever mouldy

Theyve probably washed them! Either way the jersey reeeked like stank badly !

Yeah , why would you hand wash a match worn jersey? Isn't the idea of owning a match game used item meant to have all the players sweet and dirt all over it? I can tell you now that i was very lucky to get Darren Lockyers match worn boots from one of the 2006 State Of Origin matches and both shoes have been hand signed and both still have all the dirt on the cleats. There is no way ever i would even think about cleaning them as when i get the chance to frame them i want to remember the day Lockyer run on the footy field and the sweet and dirt reminds me if you get what i mean.

yeah im with james, i reckon is creepy as to want the sweat in it. yuck! the main fact is that is game worn you dont want it going mouldy or stinking the place out.

my michael gordon game worn boots though, i kept them with the grass and and dirt in the studs. mainly because they dont reek.

yeah im with james, i reckon is creepy as to want the sweat in it. yuck! the main fact is that is game worn you dont want it going mouldy or stinking the place out.

my michael gordon game worn boots though, i kept them with the grass and and dirt in the studs. mainly because they dont reek.

My Leilua jersey I won from last year was washed by the Knights before I got it and it does have little signs of wear and year and a very light dirt stain which obviously didn't come out in the wash ... I do like that, sort of adds to the authenticity.

I'd wash it every time. The jersey has been worn in a match, that's the main thing. I don't need it in a disgusting state and stinking out the place because of some, to be honest, very creepy wish to keep the sweat in it.
hmmm.. each to their own boys ! I' wont sway form my opinion :) .. a one of a kind michael jordan bulls jersey with jordans sweat on it .. priceless ;)
if we can come al come to an agreement on whether players' sweat "will" actually "potentially" damage the shirt .. which is still debatable ,

its all personal preference.. most clubs wash jerseys now before they sell them , that was never done before
remember once u wash it .. u can't go back ..

how smelly could a jersey be used once for 80 mins ?? (i mean .. my hygienes pretty good :) )
it aint creepy to want the players DNA on a jersey u paid for . is it ?

washing ev
Theyve probably washed them! Either way the jersey reeeked like stank badly !
washing every single one ??? no chance

i think we established sonny has a "B.O problemo "

I have many match worn jerseys. You have to wash it as the sweat will very slowly but surely ruin the jersey. Sweat contains urea and salt. Soak in a colourless disinfectant for a couple hours. This will NOT affect the signature. Rub any dirt stains bigger than a smudge as dirt is full of bacteria. Retain some of it for character. Sun dry. UV light will continue to disinfect the jersey. After its completely dry your good to go...

UV wil definitely affect the sig though, i'd air it out not in the sun though
Over a length of time yes but one day wont except maybe on a microscopic level. Important also to shell out for UV glass when framing it. I cant afford to frame any of my collection but have used the method I described above to treat some 30 match worn jerseys.

Important to note I said soak, not wash...

Reactions: Dyl
image.jpg

The final framed product :)

Back
Top Bottom