KB.

Al-farouq Aminu Supercollector
Real Name
Benn
eBay User
flesh_mbc
COMC User
flesh_mbc
Are any other PCers looking at this years Prestige and asking themselves WTF? Seriously....I mean just look at the below list I have or Aminu cards to chase from this set

I've yet to complete a rainbow from any of the previous 4 seasons of Prestige releases because I doesn't seem to be busted in that great a quantity, and now they go and up the difficulty factor and at 2 dozen parallels. This seriously does my head in.

2014-15 Prestige #33 Al-Farouq Aminu
2014-15 Prestige Bonus Shots Blue #33 Al-Farouq Aminu /99
2014-15 Prestige Bonus Shots Gold #33 Al-Farouq Aminu /10
2014-15 Prestige Bonus Shots Green #33 Al-Farouq Aminu /5
2014-15 Prestige Bonus Shots Orange Die Cuts #33 Al-Farouq Aminu /25
2014-15 Prestige Bonus Shots Platinum #33 Al-Farouq Aminu /1
2014-15 Prestige Bonus Shots Purple #33 Al-Farouq Aminu /49
2014-15 Prestige Bonus Shots Red #33 Al-Farouq Aminu /199
2014-15 Prestige Plus #33 Al-Farouq Aminu
2014-15 Prestige Plus Bonus Shots Blue #33 Al-Farouq Aminu /99
2014-15 Prestige Plus Bonus Shots Gold #33 Al-Farouq Aminu /10
2014-15 Prestige Plus Bonus Shots Green #33 Al-Farouq Aminu /5
2014-15 Prestige Plus Bonus Shots Orange Die Cuts #33 Al-Farouq Aminu /25
2014-15 Prestige Plus Bonus Shots Platinum #33 Al-Farouq Aminu /1
2014-15 Prestige Plus Bonus Shots Purple #33 Al-Farouq Aminu /49
2014-15 Prestige Plus Bonus Shots Red #33 Al-Farouq Aminu /199
2014-15 Prestige Premium #33 Al-Farouq Aminu
2014-15 Prestige Premium Bonus Shots Blue #33 Al-Farouq Aminu /99
2014-15 Prestige Premium Bonus Shots Gold #33 Al-Farouq Aminu /10
2014-15 Prestige Premium Bonus Shots Green #33 Al-Farouq Aminu /5
2014-15 Prestige Premium Bonus Shots Orange Die Cuts #33 Al-Farouq Aminu /25
2014-15 Prestige Premium Bonus Shots Platinum #33 Al-Farouq Aminu /1
2014-15 Prestige Premium Bonus Shots Purple #33 Al-Farouq Aminu /49
2014-15 Prestige Premium Bonus Shots Red #33 Al-Farouq Aminu /199

Agreed totally over the top for a supposedly lower key retail shop only release!
To make matters worse a lot of the ebay auctions aren't specifying whether its the normal, plus or
premium versions of the cards they are selling!

From what I have read, there are only parallels for the Premium base cards which is printed on a thicker stock. The regular Prestige base is thin like the old cards and has no parallels. So you can trim down that list back to just one set of rainbow.

Reactions: KB.
From what I have read, there are only parallels for the Premium base cards which is printed on a thicker stock. The regular Prestige base is thin like the old cards and has no parallels. So you can trim down that list back to just one set of rainbow.

That's good news. I pulled the list from Beckett so they obviously don't know what's going on.

Beckett is really bad with their lists, they got them from the card companies. And the worst part, once they have completed data entry, they never bother to go back to fix things. There are still a number of Beckett listed cards that I don't believe existed for my Shaq PC.

When they talk about Plus or Premium, they are talking about the name of the boxes that they got the base from. It's like Hobby, Retail, Jumbo etc.

This is why I focus on manimal rookie year cards, and only getting nice stuff I like in other year (or simply 1 card out of each parallel set!)

@Brian Lee That is correct. They are the boxes they came from, but the cards do differ. In ridiculously stupid ways, that cant be seen on a scan. One being "premium has thicker card stock" and one of them has foil look, the basic versions are just white.

Not to mention the million colour variations, that, as far as I can tell, is just the text, not even the back ground, which would at least look better in a rainbow...

You're killing the game Panini... :(

Right as I was getting excited about trying to collect all 33 Kobe's in the 14-15 Hoops, they bring this crap out.

I think this is the best pic i've seen of the three different versions side by side (even thou one is 3/5 not a base). And yes there are parallels for all three versions. Have a look through the sellers other listings and you can see numbered versions of all three card types.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-15-Pan...59553597?pt=US_Basketball&hash=item5b07015c3d

There's no way in hell I'm chasing all of these. Maybe in a year when everyone has given up and sells off their partial rainbows up i'll pick up a bunch.

I think this is the best pic i've seen of the three different versions side by side (even thou one is 3/5 not a base). And yes there are parallels for all three versions. Have a look through the sellers other listings and you can see numbered versions of all three card types.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-15-Pan...59553597?pt=US_Basketball&hash=item5b07015c3d

There's no way in hell I'm chasing all of these. Maybe in a year when everyone has given up and sells off their partial rainbows up i'll pick up a bunch.

Looks like there is an additional Foil version for the Plus packs.

All I've seen so far for Aminu is the base version and the premium version, not 1 serial numbered card has popped up yet, which is not a good sign for my chase.

Does anyone know the different between the 'premium' set and the 'plus' set? It's hard to tell from scans because they both appear to be foiled?

this is why i stopped collecting panini....i only buy stuff i like..and its not very much...you can never chase down all of it because half the product will never be open in retail and the output of product per year means cheap crap like that gets thrown to the side and no one opens it....for a player collector its a 4-10 year time span to see that stuff because the only time people will bust it is when its cheap and they have nothing to do.

Back
Top Bottom