2014/15 EPL season thread. (SPOILERS)

Suarez gone for sure has influenced it. Also, Liverpool has 'Tottenham Syndrome' in that they got heaps of money from Suarez but didn't buy a genuine world class player. Hope the rumours about Reus are true

Good to hear from you Gooner. United should of won overnight, just goes to show how good the EPL is.
Luton doing well in div 2, keep it going Hatters.

Thought United where the better team against Chelski. Van Persie looks like he's just about to begin a goal scoring spree.

Hoping to scab another point tonight. We weren't convincing v chelski but stoked to get a point. If we can draw with them we can at least do the same v city away.

De Gea saved us from 4-0 with 3 brilliant saves. Chris Smalling a contender for muppet of the year award. As for LVG, I reckon if we aren't seriously contending for top 4 by end of next season they'll let him go. Depends on January. If we don't get at least 2 good defenders we friar tucked. I also hope we don't buy Falcao, risk far outweighs reward and financially it's a huge risk. In saying that, I would be more concerned for Brendan Rodgers, early in the season people were saying no Suarez no Liverpool which I thought was ridiculous however, is appearing to be the case. Balotelli was a useless £16m exercise and if not for Coutinho, Henderson and Sterling Liverpool would be lurking somewhere in the depths of the table!
Back to United, I would like to see Tyler Blackett getting back into the defense as well. To be completely honest, Di Maria is the only one of all the new signings I have much time for. Had an off match yesterday but overall he has impressed. Luke Shaw may come good. Rojo and Blind are pretty crap in my opinion. Big money spent on not much. Blind defensively is Scholesy in disguise lol. Always good for a card! Rojo doesn't have the pace or presence to cause much concern for opposition.
I think we released a couple of players we should have kept and vice versa. Good close season though and I have enjoyed the real competition between the top half and just out of the ladder. One of the closest epl seasons I can recall for 2nd place downward

I think Rodgers is safe this year no matter where we finish.

Reason I ask about LVG is that this time last year United fans were lossing their mind about Moyes. He had more points then LVG has now and 100 million less to spend.

@Jaames I hope rumours of Liverpool's return to Australia next year are true! The Advertiser is reporting an "almost-done deal" for Liverpool to play Adelaide United at Adelaide Oval next July.

Robbie Fowler, Didi Hamann and Jason McAteer will be in Adelaide on 5th January as part of their visit to Australia.

Wow! That would be awesome. I would consider jumping the border to SA to watch LFC play live. As for LVG , I think they realised that Moyes was not the right man for the job pretty quickly. I am not happy with many of the signings as yet and hope to get 2 quality defenders in Jan.

@Matty76 It was Suarez that made the whole team work as a unit. He set the trend, trained hard and never wanted to lose a match. That became infectious and the other players bought into his mentality. They miss that spark now, big time. Sturridge and Raheem had great season last year too. Last years was a case of 'you score 2, we score 3' so there wasn't as much talk about how bad the defense and Mignolet is. I personally believe Mignolet is the weakest link in the team.

I'm getting tickets next week for the Robbie Fowler, Didi Hamann and Jason McAteer meet in Melbourne.

Last I heard QLD was in the box seat for the LFC tour, but hey, who ever gets it they will be in for a treat.

Yep think Rodgers will lose his job before Van Gaal

I hope he does, I think you will find he is a tad overrated and not much substance as a coach. The sooner he goes the better. Victor Valdes and Marco Reus, if he can some how get these two in Jan, then he may well be around for some time. A great defender would be helpful too.

Wow! That would be awesome. I would consider jumping the border to SA to watch LFC play live. As for LVG , I think they realised that Moyes was not the right man for the job pretty quickly. I am not happy with many of the signings as yet and hope to get 2 quality defenders in Jan.

apart from di maria, it was money wasted. no real rhyme or reason to the buys either. and all over-priced to boot. the falcao deal is just weird...
all that money and they still need a couple of defenders. he wont be sacked tho. at least not til next season. which is fair enough in my opinion. a managers got to have time. too much turn-around in management these days. instant success or get the hell out. its not logical...

@Matty76
I hope he does, I think you will find he is a tad overrated and not much substance as a coach. The sooner he goes the better. Victor Valdes and Marco Reus, if he can some how get these two in Jan, then he may well be around for some time. A great defender would be helpful too.

he is over-rated. he got the job off the back of swansea, who played great, but it was martinez that built that team and got them playing the way they did. martinez is a little under-rated i think. he had wigan playing some nice football and got them an FA cup...altho they did get relegated i guess.

@ sgt _pepper I fully agree. Di Maria has been pretty good. The others I'd throw in the bin. Falcao is a pointless excercise and a waste of time and money. Even more annoyed that he is the only utd signing in the upcoming tpg release. More useless autos to add to my extensive collection of young and fellaini cards lol

Stoked to see Southampton doing well I really hope they finish top 4 but long way to go.
Liverpool not the same team without Suarez to state the obvious , Balotelli and co have done bugger all. Although Balotelli did donate £10,000 to a dog shelter that burnt down.

Happy to wrong 2-1 to us! 41 injuries so far this season, no defenders and temporarily 4th on the ladder. All in all , better than expected. I don't mention how much money we spent as only 1 good player came out of that!!!
I am reckon Palace over LFC tonight however, I hope I am wrong on that one for my LFC mates.

Back
Top Bottom