NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_157350486296.jpeg

IMG_157350486296.jpeg

650K a season for 4 seasons is way too much for a winger, good luck to him, and good luck keeping under the cap now, must be having a mass cleanout at the Dogs now?

Paul Gallen is set to face the Cronulla board and could be sacked as well as disciplinary action by the NRL.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...weet-against-nrl/story-fnp0lyn6-1227100307242

Somehow, I don't think Gallen gives two ****s right now.

Funny thing is, media is ALWAYS bleeding that players don't show their real side, won't do interviews, are stale, staid, coached to respond to questions. But fark me! Player shows some passion and suddenly all hell breaks loose. The Telegraph wrings its hands and wonders why blokes like SBW and Burgess and Hayne are buggering off. I'll tell. Because the DT is full of two-faced, hypocritical, sanctimonious C****!!!

the Telegraph is the worst reporting NRL has, it is a shame since it always has a large coverage but do these reporters think they are entitled?, seems they all have an agenda in their articles. and really, deep down when you look at it was Gallen Wrong. i dont think he was.

And ontop of gallen you have them going on about the sacking of noyce "a club in turmoil", well it was a "redundancy", as his position is no longer required since they are merging the Football/Leagues/and Construction positions into one role. it isnt really that disasterous its the club moving forward.

i find it harder and harder to read the articles from the DT

I stopped buying the DT during 1995. I will read it if it is laying around. It is a dying media, the journos know it and they are trying to position themselves in other media. And since News Lyd got out of NRL the DT have rubbished it no end and in turn fap on over a-league and Gallop.

3 months too late

IMO Noyce did a great job for the Sharks and his sacking is another example of how the Sharks board and player group are fractured, rudderless and amateurish.

The guy brought in multiple sponsors (more to be revealed next year) to a club labelled off limits to most brands because of the constant bad publicity. He worked tirelessly to ensure the players came first and had their respect. I'm not sure what more he can do.

If the thinking is his sacking of Carney was wrong, then seriously no sponsors would touch the Sharks if Carney stayed (including the ones revealed days after Carney's sacking) If Noyce and those board members who did vote to sack Carney didn't make that move the NRL would have made it for them.

Just my opinion

Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom