Loyalty in trading?

Noark-99

One Day! Cowboys!
Real Name
Mirren Lucas
eBay User
Noark-99
Just wondering, what peoples view on this was?

There are a few members on here, I consider myself to be quite loyal to. Money is never an issue, because I consider them my friends. They help me, and I help them. There is one member here, who has been invaluable to my collection.

Alot of people seem to be in the money side/first in best dressed. Which I never really understood. Minus the loyalty, how do maintain friendships that help your collections?

I'm a once burnt, never return person. I have had some transactions where people were just toolboxes. And I'll never deal with them again. It's like so many people JUST care about their collections..... And not about helping others? Isn't that half the fun?

I'd sell/trade to a team collector over a set collector any day..... Money/first is best dressed is never an option to me.

M.

Personally I'm a bit each way.

There are some people who have gone out of their way to help me and do me favours, I try to return that when I can. Also if someone is a pain to deal with or seems like a bit of a tool I'll steer clear.it

In saying that sometimes you have to find the best offer - if I sell a high end card I need to get the best price for it - it doesn't mean I'm not honest or fair in discussions. In the same way I wouldn't expect someone to sell me a Hornby Black LL for mates rates.

I can Appreciate your preference towards team collectors but If i was going to give Team collectors preference over set collectors the fair thing to do would be to make this fact visible in my Trade/sale threads so i wouldn't be wasting members time.

I can Appreciate your preference towards team collectors but If i was going to give Team collectors preference over set collectors the fair thing to do would be to make this fact visible in my Trade/sale threads so i wouldn't be wasting members time.

I agree.

In high end/rare cards. I'm likely to sell to team collectors, whom I contact individually. Anything I don't care about ends up in a trade thread.

I try to finish sets first once completed i turn my attention to the Dragons cards from same sets for my PC.
So that puts me in the middle.:)
Same here, full set then cam smith cards for the PC.
May give up on the full sets though as the bank account is starting to look a bit sad. Although I did say that before this set came out :confused:

I just love busting boxes for the fun of it. I will keep all the Knights stuff for myself and offer most other items to team collectors on here before making it available to everyone else. For me it's not about "cashing in" on the high end cards, but helping out others who I know would appreciate the card in question. For example I think if most of us came across a card numbered 36, we would be right on to Dave without trying to scrape a few extra dollars out of him. That's the great thing about this site. I remember when the 2014 Elite Boyd and Rochow number 001's first came up I was notified by a few members here straight away. That's the kind of thing I'm talking about, people here look out for each other.

Im definetly loyal to all who have helped or tried to help, my collections are tiny compared to most of yours since im only back into collecting in last 6 months, and dont have alot to help but when i do hit something i always try and ask those team collectors who have helped me, slowly building up a bit of a trade collection thanks to box breaks etc
Im still fairly new here but yet still blown away by generousity of so many members, even sending cards without any trade or even asking for postage costs in some circumstances!
I wish i had the funds to buy all that is offered to me, but unfortunately i need ALOT lol i do keep track of all and try to get back when i can make trade or buy
Ive been helped by many but @Noark-99 and @joeyhonson have been unbelievable in helping with my pc and will always remember this :)

I got kicked from pillar to post when I first started collecting. Learned a few lessons,and filtered the shit from my contacts!! Have helped a few collectors, but feel I've been helped more... And made a good lot of mates on the way.... For me, loyal to the death!! But I have a very low tolerance for the bottom of the bucket traders...

I have learned soo much from all collectors on this site and very thankful for all the help I have received whether it be information or cards, that's what I love about this site, the people are friendly and always try to help out each other. I try to help people when I can, it doesn't matter if they are team collectors or master set collectors I am happy to help either.

I got kicked from pillar to post when I first started collecting. Learned a few lessons,and filtered the s*** from my contacts!! Have helped a few collectors, but feel I've been helped more... And made a good lot of mates on the way.... For me, loyal to the death!! But I have a very low tolerance for the bottom of the bucket traders...

Batty! You have helped me so much! And continue to do so! I value our friendship above all else.

M.

I like to think i am loyal.
I have been helped by so many members to complete sets it would be a huge post naming them all so i would like to take the opportunity to thank Any i have missed.
But in particular @gregga61 @jussy @Wizzle @joeyhonson @oneil @Stesyn @sharkies4eva @Brendan_B @ILikeMyPotatoesMashed @RisingSun @Digeze @Muzza @DK Trading Cards @greenbaypackers @redtorana @tak35bne @#1 Eels fan @kobe4mvp @mischap123 @Ben Tone @razor77 @Herepusspuss @3bet @obriensh
Have made some great friends along the way and has been a learning curve for me over the past few years but without the knowledge of members on this site i would be still struggling and paying hundreds Extra to complete sets with eBay.
Thank you to all that have helped

Last edited:
I find that being fair rather than going for the biggest buck is the best way to go and helping someone out is more satisfying than making that extra couple of $s. I have dealt with a great bunch of people in this community who I hold great respect for and a lot have already been mentioned in this thread. Cheers and thanks fellow collectors.

Before i found this sight i was buying most off my cards from Fairfield Markets paying top dollar from a bloke called Steve (Rarecollectables)
But coming on Here i made a lot of Friends and im so glad i found this sight very Helpful lot of people ,
But in Particular @DragonFire @Mark Tommo @kobe4mvp@Haydn Raymond @Herepusspuss @joeyhonson @Ben Tone @Brendan_B @The Mad Hatter @tak35bne @razor77 @Wookiedragon @Wizzle @Noark-99 @Wellsie and plenty more ,
Big Thanks to everyone on this wonderful sight:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the shoutout @jussy @Dragon_Fire

I have been helped by so many members on here in trying to complete my collection and am so thankful to everyone that has helped along the way.

I like to think i have helped other members out with theirs as well where i can.

I really enjoy trading because i generally can't afford to spend too much and some members have been patient and understanding in that respect and i will not forget that.

I wholeheartedly agree with the general sentiment here.

I am an Eels collector on a shoestring. I have found the OZCT community to be chockers with great people, more than willing to help out.

I'd love to be in the position to help more people out, maybe one day, to return the favour, and to pay it forward to others.

People regularly seem to keep me in mind re various eels cards...unfortunately, it's not that often that I can take up the offers, but I certainly appreciate the thought.

Cheers.

I think it is a bit each way, loyalty is very important but so is being fair, what I mean by this is I thought it was great how @joeyhonson with both the dragons 1/1 and grand final redemption made it available to everyone. I don't think he did this to get top $ but to be fair to everyone. Especially as a newer member then alot of you I appreciate that as without that opportunity what chance do some of the newer members have. Personally I would always rather sell to someone on here who i know will treasure the card in their collection, not someone looking to buy to onsell in the near future as I know how great it is knocking off some of those last cards and it is great to help others do the same.

If I KNOW someone might be interested in a card then I would certainly try and help them out - there are instances where I've been through old want threads and sent a PM instead of putting something up for sale - however, I do not know every collector here or their specialties, so if I list something for sale I go by a strict first come, first served basis. To me that's fair and it's the way I would like to be treated.

Regards
Mike

I wouldn't have the Sea Eagles Collection & lady crush cards (i can't call them man crush..), for the help of OZCT members on here, they know who they are..
Not only do I enjoy my box breaks & Case shares, I love watching other Members box breaks, it's great to see people score their fav's & collectibles. Happy to help out anyone who needs a certain card if I don't need it. It's great to have somewhere, where you can obtain cards without having to obtain all our cards on the Auction sites & Newsagents..

Back
Top Bottom