New release by Tap N Play - Nov 14

He will or I'll take my cricket bat to him at the next mods conference
I believe you @Billyhoyle - the last mods conference was quite an event from all reports!!
Board-Meeting-300x440.jpg

Any news on these yet Matt?

I was hoping to see something from them at Penrith. I saw the guys from Tap and Play were going trhough another thread. Didnt see anything there though.

I am really keepng my fingers crossed with the extra time they have had, that the cricket will be a far superior product to what has apparently been dished up for the A League cards.

I am really looking forward to this release, so hopefully they can deliver something worth the wait & the $ I am sure lots off us will be spending on it.

I saw the Tap & Play 14/15 A-League cards at the newsagent today.

I couldn't see any mention of inserts on the box or packets. Does anyone know if this us the case?

I hope the cricket release has inserts.

I saw the Tap & Play 14/15 A-League cards at the newsagent today.

I couldn't see any mention of inserts on the box or packets. Does anyone know if this us the case?

I hope the cricket release has inserts.

It will be much different to the A League Release and more along the lines of a standard release (inserts etc).

I think that the best thing about cricket releases is that because state/club allegiance doesn't really get in the way, you'd be more inclined to finish a complete set (well I would, anyway). One of the criticisms I have read on the A-League Tap n Play thread is that it is either a feast or a famine re: which clubs/teams are represented and as I have club allegiances in the A-League and AFL (I wouldn't be caught dead with an Essendon or North Melbourne card!!) I only pick and choose in relation to the clubs I support and/or players I like.

I think that the best thing about cricket releases is that because state/club allegiance doesn't really get in the way, you'd be more inclined to finish a complete set (well I would, anyway). One of the criticisms I have read on the A-League Tap n Play thread is that it is either a feast or a famine re: which clubs/teams are represented and as I have club allegiances in the A-League and AFL (I wouldn't be caught dead with an Essendon or North Melbourne card!!) I only pick and choose in relation to the clubs I support and/or players I like.

I think you will find the base set will probably consist of BBL Players, Test Players, ODI Players and Southern Stars Players.

I mean who wouldn't want an Ellyse Perry card!

images

SetWidth350-ellyseperry.jpg

Cheers
Matt

Yep, that's what I mean mate - I don't love EVERY player in the Australian team but my sense of loyalty makes me chase their card! Meg Lanning is another of the Southern Stars...one of the best batters in the women's game.

Great to see further support of Womens cricket. Have not had any in a retail set for over 10 years.

NSW do include 4 Breakers cards each year in the set they put out. I would like to see that set increase to include contracted players for the mens side alongside contracted Breakers as well. Inrease it from 21/22 cards to 30 odd.

From what I've heard of late, I wouldnt expect a mass market release until sometime in January I would imagine.

Though I have heard some rumblings that something else is in the works for early December.

If I hear anything concrete, i'll make sure its on here ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom